The Stuff Thread

I also love Apple's iOS system. I prefer this for mobile devices, hence why I have an iPhone and an iPad.

For computers, I have always loved Windows.*

* Before anybody mentions, I am talking about the Windows operating system, not windows that you find on the wall of an building! :D

McStanley

I prefer Symbian on mobile and Linux on PC :neutral:
Yeah no idea. I wish Symbian would be a thing these days...

You've never heard of them? Linux is a open source OS for PC's. It's not plug and play like Windows, but if you know what you're doing it's a great OS. 

Hughesy said:
You've never heard of them? Linux is a open source OS for PC's. It's not plug and play like Windows, but if you know what you're doing it's a great OS. 
Yeah I've heard of Linux before back when I was  in college but never used it though

Used to use Linux on my laptop all the time when out and about but changed back to Windows as Linux doesn't have much univeral windows programs.

Next laptop i buy tho will have Linux installed.

Hughesy said:
I don't recognise the name.

McStanley

McStanley said:
Hughesy said:

McStanley
Well unless you're  well versed in computer stuff you probably won't as it's not used much Windows is the most universal of operating systems. Which is why you hear about it everywhere. I studied computers in college and that's only how I know of it.

McStanley said:
Hughesy said:

McStanley
Well unless you're  well versed in computer stuff you probably won't as it's not used much Windows is the most universal of operating systems. Which is why you hear about it everywhere. I studied computers in college and that's only how I know of it.
Well I would go as far as to say over half of the people I know do understand what Linux is even though they wouldn't even own a computer... Sure Linux is a small percentage of steam users (0.8%), but for example Android is Linux, so it's widely popular on mobile devices.

UP100 said:
McStanley said:
Hughesy said:

McStanley
Well I would go as far as to say over half of the people I know do understand what Linux is even though they wouldn't even own a computer... Sure Linux is a small percentage of steam users (0.8%), but for example Android is Linux, so it's widely popular on mobile devices.
Maybe but unless you are into programming and things like that you probably wouldn't know. For example if you asked my mum what Linux was she wouldn't know but she does know Windows

Just bought another iPad, this time for my mums Christmas present as she had the same iPad Air as me. It’s kinda a joint birthday and Christmas present, as it’s her birthday today. I said to her and made it seem like a joke does she want a iPad for Christmas, she said she’d love one but not much chance of that. Her face tomorrow will be priceless, she deserves it as she’s had a awful year. She developed a lung condition and is now on oxygen 24/7 and has been in and out of hospital a lot, so she deserves some happiness.

Merry Christmas all, here in Aussieland the forecast is for cloudless skies and 35 degrees. My Partner is spit roasting some Lamb and Pork and I'm doing roast veggies, got mum and dad, my two sisters, a brother in law, 3 nephews, 1 niece, two nieces in law along with 1 great nephew and 1 great niece coming round. (I am younger then my two sisters by 20 years fyi LOL)

You partner is cooking / roasting the roast dinner in spit, KittyFit90?! Count me out of your roast dinner! :o :s :p :D

McStanley

The look on my mum's face when she opened the iPad, just pure joy in what has been a tough time for her, not just her lung condition but also her mum died last week.

McStanley said:
You partner is cooking / roasting the roast dinner in spit, KIttyFit90?! Count me out of your roast dinner! :o :s :p :D

McStanley
Haha don't be daft, the meat was skewered on a metal rod which a motor turns slowly and underneath was the BBQ (gas burners). So delicious had so much crackling yesterday and too much wine. Got an epic boxing day hangover but so worth it.

I know what you meaned about a spit roast. I just couldn’t resist in making that reply. It was way too tempting! :D

McStanley

McStanley said:
I know what you meaned about a spit roast. I just couldn’t resist in making that reply. It was way too tempting! :D

McStanley
You can't beat a good spit roast! :trollface:

Sorry it's a bit late, but.. Merry Christmas everyone! 

McStanley said:
You partner is cooking / roasting the roast dinner in spit, KittyFit90?! Count me out of your roast dinner! :o :s :p :D

McStanley
If you're going to make a joke about spit roasting, that isn't the one you choose...

McStanley said:
What is joke I should have chosen then, flsince08?

McStanley
Unfortunately the age limit on this forum is below 18, so I can't comment...