The Stuff Thread

Happy New Year everyone!!! Probably a few hours ahead of time but thats how we roll down under. LOLS
A few to say the least...

What time is it right now in Australia, KittyFit90?

Please do not tell me what time is is / was when this post was posted, please what time it is, when you read this post. Thank you. :)

McStanley

I am 9 and half hours into your future (providing you have no understanding of timezones) :) Seriously we are at GMT +9:30. So when I posted it was 12:01 am on Jan 1st 2019, now its 8:40am Jan 1st 2019. HAHA

Wow. So you are in the future already! It's still 2018 here in the UK. It's 23:17 (11:17pm), so it's Monday 31st December 2018 still here. Not like you Australian's who live in the future, where it's the morning of Tuesday 1st January 2019! :D

McStanley

So fyi there's been a huge data leak from many places including passwords and emails. You can use this site to check if your emails have been affected. If they have then scroll down and it'll show from which sites it has. One of my emails was and it was from Cdproject Red site, MySpace (yeah really old email) and also Nexus Mod manager.
https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Hughesy said:
So fyi there's been a huge data leak from many places including passwords and emails. You can use this site to check if your emails have been affected. If they have then scroll down and it'll show from which sites it has. One of my emails was and it was from Cdproject Red site, MySpace (yeah really old email) and also Nexus Mod manager.
6 breaches :smile: Apparently I have gotten 2 more from last time I checked. Sadly I can't do anything about them as they are not from a single place...

Hughesy said:
yeah I don't use Myspace any more although I did used to have an account there and whilst I do download mods from the Nexus site I don't use their mod manager though I did try it once but later deleted it. I prefer to use the individual mod managers for each game that I have that have been independently created as I find I can better organise my games and their files that way.

Is the data leak from Myspace only or from all websites that need your email address to create an account?

By the way, I have never heard of MySpace! :D

McStanley

Two out of three email addresses breached not bad i guess lol, will change the passwords.

Hughesy said:
Didn't know about this, thanks for the heads up mate! My one email had been breached by Onliner spambot! Which affected 711 million emails  :o

No problem at all, glad it was helpful. I checked my mum's email and it was affected by 8 sites lol

Did you not read my original post which started this whole conversation? I literally covered what this is all about.

McStanley said:
Is the data leak from Myspace only or from all websites that need your email address to create an account?

McStanley

Have you ever heard of facebook it was kind of a precursor to that back when social media like twitter and such was in it's infancy.

McStanley said:

McStanley

Have you ever heard of facebook it was kind of a precursor to that back when social media like twitter and such was in it's infancy.
Facebook? Tell me more about this Facebook.

If you haven't heard of Myspace I suspect you are either quite young or rather old! 

(I sit in the middle of those two!)

tbtstt said:
If you haven't heard of Myspace I suspect you are either quite young or rather old! 

(I sit in the middle of those two!)
Indeed either that or they've been living under a rock with no internet access most of their lives. Maybe too busy with his trains. :p

Myspace was so cool, well 14 year old me used to think so anyway haha

Lukedfrt said:
Myspace was so cool, well 14 year old me used to think so anyway haha
So did I back in the day. These days I tend to only use twitter and even there I don' t tweet that much. I do have a facebook account but I only really use that to link all my login's for the sites I regularly visit together in one place.

I don't use any social media for personal purposes really. My university department on the other hand expects staff to post regularly on twitter, instagram and the department blog.