The Stuff Thread

The new forum needs a little less red, its quite bright on high res monitors. The forum needs a better way to navigate back to the main page other than scrolling all the way up and click home and we need a way to jump to the latest posts rather than taking us to the first page of the thread.

Also has anyone else notice the thread is made by Rohan 😄

Edited by couger1981
  • Agree 1

The red doesn’t bother me really, but the white does.

Yes, because he originally made the thread way back then. We still have all the og threads, although I didn’t know that becuase someone created a million pointless spam polls 🤨

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

The red doesn’t bother me really, but the white does.

Yes, because he originally made the thread way back then. We still have all the og threads, although I didn’t know that becuase someone created a million pointless spam polls 🤨

Yep i remember when he created it, its a nice feature to add the OP names under each thread on the main screen instead of having to go to page one to see who created a particular thread 🙂

• Like 1

Does anyone else find it hilarious that the old forum never made it out of beta after all those years? 😂

• Confused 1

GUYS YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR NAME

I HAVE BEEN WAITING 8 LONG YEARS TO GET RID OF THE STUPID 77258 

IT HAS HAPPENED

BEST FORUMS SINCE THE VBULLETIN DAYS

Edited by MATT
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I hope none of you have to deal with life insurance policies for a parent when you have power of attorney for the other parent. One policy was easy, just had to email the power of attorney document and death certificate. But another one which is for a lot more, they won’t pay it into my account even though my dad has no account and legally I say where it goes. So now I’ve got to setup a bank account for him, get them to pay it into that and then transfer is all to my account as that’s where the bills come out of, then his account will never get used again. How pointless is that...

• Like 1

@Hughesy

I know it's been there all along, but the symbol for it on these new forum is funny.

McStanley

Edited by McStanley

I started following the Doctor Who page on Instagram yesterday and now I'm getting inundated with loads of spam or fan account requests trying to follow me. Go away, I'm not famous enough for randomers!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, McStanley said:

You can change your username? Where's that, I wonder...

McStanley

"You can do that here https://forums.codemasters.com/settings/username/ once per 90 days so things don't get too confusing."

Was said in another thread by Sean Wilkins (Web dev guy)

Edited by UP100
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MATT said:

IT HAS HAPPENED

Change that name back! :classic_unsure:

I like the layout, good job CM! Also nice to see the post count back, no idea why that was never put on the last forum 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

Change that name back! :classic_unsure:

I like the layout, good job CM! Also nice to see the post count back, no idea why that was never put on the last forum 👍

Give me Luekdfrt and we can talk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, fIsince08 said:

I started following the Doctor Who page on Instagram yesterday and now I'm getting inundated with loads of spam or fan account requests trying to follow me. Go away, I'm not famous enough for randomers!

Why are they trying to follow you, out of interest? Do you know them or do you know them in real life?

McStanley

29 minutes ago, McStanley said:

Why are they trying to follow you, out of interest? Do you know them or do you know them in real life?

McStanley

I've got no idea who they are, otherwise I wouldn't bother mentioning it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MATT said:

IT HAS HAPPENED

Didn't you have the name back when we all first started?

• Like 1

I could change my name so we'd have 'MATT' and 'MATTB'! 😏

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

For the last 3 years, I've been using Wifi with the router being on the opposite side of the house, one floor below my computer. It worked decently, but now we apparently have some kind of Wifi extender thingy which got me a decent speedtest.

image.png.81b7e97933564b1a8d1159ce49980749.png

Finally you can share an image quickly in here by just using snipping tool, copying the image (not even saving!) and then just pasting it here!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MBKF1 said:

I could change my name so we'd have 'MATT' and 'MATTB'! 😏

This sounds like a great idea. 🤓

• Agree 1

@Faya Help, I can't access the DiRT forums. When I click on the DiRT General Discussion category or a topic from it, it just opens a blank page. Same with F1 forums and all the other game subforums. I can only see/access the Codies Lounge subforum. Yesterday I could still see the DiRT forum

Also, speaking of the new forum, with the user rankings come back? I'm a bit bummed, as I was just a few points away from Champion rank in the old forum 😄 

Edited by shadow118
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, shadow118 said:

@Faya Help, I can't access the DiRT forums. When I click on the DiRT General Discussion category or a topic from it, it just opens a blank page. Same with F1 forums and all the other game subforums. I can only see/access the Codies Lounge subforum. Yesterday I could still see the DiRT forum

Also, speaking of the new forum, with the user rankings come back? I'm a bit bummed, as I was just a few points away from Champion rank in the old forum 😄 

I'm not an employee, but my guess would be no. The rankings were based off things like the reactions to your post, all of which have been reset now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, shadow118 said:

@CMSeanWilkins

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fIsince08 said:

I've got no idea who they are, otherwise I wouldn't bother mentioning it.

True, I suppose. That is very strange why you are getting that. Perhaps the people doing it think they know you in real life, or they just trying to scare new comers away?

MvStanley