The Stuff Thread

Think the forum we have before the vanilla forum had leader boards and everyone was trying to get the most kudos for their posts which led to codies moving to another forum. Hopefully this system doesn't get abused and we stay here, the new forum is growing on me 🙂

Edited by couger1981
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Yeah, good times before they were so callously taken away from us :classic_huh:

How long before this new one is replaced then?

• Like 1

Uhh so this is crazy, it even shows how many PM’s you’ve sent. Not sure if it’s total between the two, but it’s showing over 9000 messages have been sent between @RevolvingPrawn and I 🤣

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Uhh so this is crazy, it even shows how many PM’s you’ve sent. Not sure if it’s total between the two, but it’s showing over 9000 messages have been sent between @RevolvingPrawn and I 🤣

*****, that's a lot!! :classic_laugh:

EDIT: Seems J3sus is still a swear word haha

Edited by Lukedfrt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha yeah, it's less since he started his new job, as he's so tired during the week. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Over 9,000 personal messages to each other?! That's a crazy amount. When did all that start?

6 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Holy **** and I thought absolutely no one used the message system for more messages than like 18 (Which is my record)

• Like 1

Well some has sent more than 18 messages. Not sure how many have, but Hughesy has as he has admitted that he and somebody else have each more than 9,000 messages.

McStanley

1 hour ago, McStanley said:

Over 9,000 personal messages to each other?! That's a crazy amount. When did all that start?

From when the last forum started. We just talk there as it's easier.

On a separate note, it still feels weird living back in the house I grew up in and pretty much being the home owner. This house needs so much work doing to it though, so once I pay the mortgage off I'm going to get it done up. 

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

You say that, but with any major change to an interface or system, 9 times out of 10 you will usually come to like the upgrade to the point where you look at the old version and go 'bloody hell, how did we ever put up with that?!' I'm sure you'll enjoy it soon enough. I think it's really good.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

@Hughesy

Mortgages take years and years to pay off. Maybe you could get the house restored bit by bit?

McStanley

@KittyFit90

I agree with you. It's not a nice looking forum. I do prefer the look of the old one. Plus the old one was easier to use. The calendar just isn't necessary and the club thing just confuses the living daylight out of me and I do that is also not necessary.

McStanley

56 minutes ago, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

@Hughesy

Mortgages take years and years to pay off. Maybe you could get the house restored bit by bit?

McStanley

It’s not, once I get mums life insurance through I can pay the rest of it off at once

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

@KittyFit90

I agree with you. It's not a nice looking forum. I do prefer the look of the old one. Plus the old one was easier to use. The calendar just isn't necessary and the club thing just confuses the living daylight out of me and I do that is also not necessary.

McStanley

We all prefer to go back to vBulletin but that isn't going to happen, give it time it will grow on you.

• Confused 1

This is the best forum since the OG one, can we go back to 2010 please, that place was lit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've definitely said this before, but I'll say it again. I remember the days when I'd go away for a couple of days and come back to new posts on at least 20+ threads. This place used to be absolutely jam packed.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, MBKF1 said:

I've definitely said this before, but I'll say it again. I remember the days when I'd go away for a couple of days and come back to new posts on at least 20+ threads. This place used to be absolutely jam packed.

How many of those threads were "******** CODEMASTERS!!! **** **** **** **** CODIES ******"? like what we are used to seeing on the F1 forums?

• Haha 1

None of them were, they were all just random threads because there were so many of us.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

None of them were, they were all just random threads because there were so many of us.

Can we please go there then? 🙂

• Like 1

Ahh, I remember the vBulletin days! I was so sad when the LOTRO forums went.

• Confused 1

You never forget your first... forum! 😂 vBulletin was the holy grail. Although saying that, I had totally forgotten about the LOTRO forums!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm very Confused.com at the comments posted here today. What the dickens is vBulletin, OG and LOTRO? Are we now talking in code? I see why the company forum is owned by is called 'Code'masters! 🤣

DiRTFanNo.1 (Previously McStanley)