The Stuff Thread

So right that person shouldn't of. Clearly by the action of him not signing up to the new forum, he knew he was a troublemaker.

DiRTFanNo.1

13 minutes ago, Lukedfrt said:

RobRacer and Killer :classic_laugh: those names bring back the memories haha! Also remember someone called MSCX7, or something like that.. Who was also always arguing!

Oh yeah you're right! Good old days...

I remember The Big A as well. It was a shame he stopped posting because he always seemed to get on well with everyone, and if I remember correctly was also a similar age to me which was cool. The 'young' members were me, f1since08 and him... always remember that.

And Rohan... what a character. I always loved reading his wonderfully and strangely vivid forum awards shows. Good times.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MBKF1 said:

I remember The Big A as well. It was a shame he stopped posting because he always seemed to get on well with everyone, and if I remember correctly was also a similar age to me which was cool. The 'young' members were me, f1since08 and him... always remember that.

And Rohan... what a character. I always loved reading his wonderfully and strangely vivid forum awards shows. Good times.

Excuse me, we are STILL the young members of the forum...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

How old are you three, if you don't mind me asking?

DiRTFanNo.1

Me and Matt are both 21 and if I remember right there's only a few weeks or a month or so between us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

RobRacer and Killer :classic_laugh: those names bring back the memories haha! Also remember someone called MSCX7, or something like that.. Who was also always arguing!

Didn't he change his name to AMS97KRR?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

You are both 21 now? Matt is MBKF1, right?

DiRTFanNo.1

I think so, Matt might be a year older than me. Can't remember...

26 minutes ago, couger1981 said:

Alex did have an MSC account, but there was another one or two with that as there name as well.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, couger1981 said:

That was someone different, but i remember him too! Haha, he was a massive Vettel and Raikkonen fan

EDIT: my phone's messed that quote up :classic_laugh:

Edited by Lukedfrt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know... The most awkward thing for me currently is the fact that I joined student council, but I have no idea when we are even supposed to meet...

On a more funny note, I joined it on the last second it was possible, walking in front of 400 students. That was nice.

• Confused 1

On 2/14/2019 at 12:07 AM, MBKF1 said:

Yep remember Big A as well and also Wooly51

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

What's a student council, UP100? What has this got to do with age?

DiRTFanNo.1

Student council has a lot of information out there in Google, but that information widely varies between schools and, frankly, countries.

Our school (A Finnish upper secondary school) has a student council that consists of around 12 members. Every upper secondary school has to have one by law, and the school administrators have to listen to their opinions.

The student council at our school mostly tries to improve the school and its atmosphere (for example by buying stuff that the students would enjoy) or holding events for the other students. For example an event called 'Penkkarit' happened yesterday and the student council, in total, spent 2700 euros to renting trucks and other stuff for the event.

• Like 2

Oh, I see. It has something to do with school. I take you are still a school student? I haven’t been to school since 2013. I can’t remember if my secondary school had a council team or not. I can remember that I was a prefect in Year 10 and in Year 11.

DiRTFanNo.1

6 hours ago, UP100 said:

Student council has a lot of information out there in Google, but that information widely varies between schools and, frankly, countries.

Our school (A Finnish upper secondary school) has a student council that consists of around 12 members. Every upper secondary school has to have one by law, and the school administrators have to listen to their opinions.

The student council at our school mostly tries to improve the school and its atmosphere (for example by buying stuff that the students would enjoy) or holding events for the other students. For example an event called 'Penkkarit' happened yesterday and the student council, in total, spent 2700 euros to renting trucks and other stuff for the event.

Speaking of Finland, my wife is going back there for a week to see her mum. Obviously I wish she wasn't going but I wouldn't dream of denying her the chance to spend time with her as she's getting quite old now. 

Get to go again in the summer myself too 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

Oh, I see. It has something to do with school. I take you are still a school student? I haven’t been to school since 2013. I can’t remember if my secondary school had a council team or not. I can remember that I was a prefect in Year 10 and in Year 11.

DiRTFanNo.1

I'm on 1st grade in an upper secondary school, which makes it quite easy for you to guess my age.

"Upper secondary education begins at 16 or 17 and lasts three to four years (roughly corresponding to the last two years of American high school plus what in the USA would be a two-year Community or Junior College)"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

I can remember that I was a prefect in Year 10 and in Year 11.

DiRTFanNo.1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MBKF1 said:

I talked to a kid on Reddit who went to the school and was there during these events. First off Jamie (the prefect) had a reason for telling the group to go downstairs because it was the prefect's responsibility and teachers didn't like being disturbed when there were kids making noise. Also there is a reason why there was no one with him. Normally his job had back-up (his friends) to help him if he was in trouble. But during this event, his friends may have been busy or Jamie wanted to push from out of his comfort zone. It is also confirmed that he is AUTISTIC. The kids filming and bullying Jamie, apparently have had a history of tormenting Jamie hence why they were very difficult. The kids that were involved were suspended and the uploader of the video was expelled. Unfortunately, this story doesn't have an happy ending for the perfect. Jamie was bullied even more by people in his school with taunts making reference to the video. He has deleted all of his social media because he was emotionally destroyed after what happened and online harassment he had endured escalated. He is reportedly still haunted by the video online which has affected his daily life. I know Jamie shouldn't have reacted like that but try to remember if you were in his situation. You would start breaking down like that.

Ouch...

• Like 1

Well, that is awful. That made me feel bad for the amount of times I've seen that video over the years...,

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MBKF1 said:

Well, that is awful. That made me feel bad for the amount of times I've seen that video over the years...,

Let's just hope it's false and carry on.

• Like 1