The Stuff Thread

Posted (edited)

That's some impressive knowledge, more so than the incidents haha..

Edited by Lukedfrt
  • Thanks 1

@MBKF1 and @Lukedfrt, thank you both of you. I live in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK and I know all the makes and models of each and every Stagecoach bus that is based in Cheltenham and their registrations.

DiRTFanNo.1

I had an interview earlier this week for a company that makes some of the interior components for Alexander Dennis busses.

• Like 1

Today my car nearly got wiped out by a taxi driver. I'm going around a roundabout and he pulls out, not even looking to his right. I had to swerve and slam on my brakes, braked so hard even the abs couldn't stop me locking up. I then followed him for 3 miles as I was so ****** off, waited for him to stop and gave him a piece of my mind and then drove off. I don't get road rage ever, but I was seeing red for that whole 3 miles.

• Like 2

Taxi drivers are the worst drivers you can find in the UK. They think they rule the roads. Passengers safety are in the drivers hands, but I don’t think many drivers care about this.

DiRTFanNo.1

• Agree 1

Uber drivers are the worst! I do use them cause they're cheap, but *****! Some of the things they do are insane haha

• Confused 1

Do you seriously not know what an Uber driver is? :classic_ohmy:

You know, it's quicker and easier to Google something you don't know or understand than to wait for an answer on here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Started having my puppy Teddy sleep on my bed, my other dog Charlie has been cool with it. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and they were cuddled up together which was so cute.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@phil83, yes I am serious. Never heard of Uber.

@MBKF1, thank you for that link. I have never heard of them, but at least I know what it is now.

DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by DiRTFanNo.1
Additonal lines delted, to shorten the length of this post.

I remember Uber Eats now. They mentioned on Rip-Off Britain last year, for some complaints, in the ‘food’ series.

DiRTFanNo.1

I wouldn't trust an Uber Eats driver with my food :classic_laugh:, i always see them at the McDonald's by my house.. It's insane how they've gotten so big in such a short space of time!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Perhaps the company should rename themselves as 'Forgetful Eats'! 😂 🤣

DiRTFanNo.1

Is anyone else finding this new forum to have incredibly slow loading times...?

I'm pretty sure it isn't just my internet, because every other website loads quickly and as normal for me, but this new forum takes a very long time.

• Agree 1

Hey @MBKF1, I'll go and poke our forum peeps and see if they can see if anything is amiss. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MBKF1 said:

Is anyone else finding this new forum to have incredibly slow loading times...?

I'm pretty sure it isn't just my internet, because every other website loads quickly and as normal for me, but this new forum takes a very long time.

The forum has always been slow for me since they moved here, but i thought it was just me.

• Like 1

It seems normal on my laptop, only time it slows down is when i hit the reply button. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Faya said:

Hey @MBKF1, I'll go and poke our forum peeps and see if they can see if anything is amiss. 

I've noticed it too. Morning UK time seems slow, especially around 5am GMT but by afternoon, it seems fine. 

This isn't just today, it seems to be an everyday occurrence. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah its slower for me than the old style. Before when I opened a thread, it happened instantly, not any more. Its not painfully slow, just noticeable.

Is there a setting so that when I open a thread it goes to the last comment i read? Because before the redesign it was like that, i hate having to scroll past stuff I've already read.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Faya said:

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

Is there a setting so that when I open a thread it goes to the last comment i read? Because before the redesign it was like that, i hate having to scroll past stuff I've already read.

You can do that! There's a black dot on the left side of a thread when it has new posts (black star for stickied threads like this one). Just click that and it takes you to the last comment you read.

• Like 1