The Stuff Thread

I also have noticed that this forum is slow at loading. I first noticed this when it launched.

DiRTFanNo.1

Posted (edited)

Its as slow as I am, before I have my morning coffee 😄

Edited by KittyFit90
  • Agree 1

When I get out of bed, I am like a walking zombie, before I have my morning coffee! 😂

DiRTFanNo.1

To all UK based residents in the UK on the Codemasters Community, did you have a very sudden and large snowfall? I did, where I live. The roads become slushy and icy very quickly.

DiRTFanNo.1

31 minutes ago, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

To all UK based residents in the UK on the Codemasters Community, did you have a very sudden and large snowfall? I did, where I live. The roads become slushy and icy very quickly.

DiRTFanNo.1

Some intense hail here (Windsor Castle) for about 20 minutes but besides that nothing.

———

I made a thing today :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

I thought it was hail at first, but it ended up being snow where I live.

What is that you have made?

DiRTFanNo.1

Snowed for about 5 minutes here yesterday, not had proper snow this winter though! I just want to drive in it haha

• Agree 1

You fancy wrecking another car then Luke 😂

I hate driving in the snow, not in terms of control, that's fine, its the noise it makes when driving on snow, it's horrible.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I don't mind driving in snow. You just need to be more cautious than usual.

DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by DiRTFanNo.1

Posted (edited)

It's gonna be a flaming nightmare for me, to get anywhere, in the next four days. It's the Gold Cup this week, the biggest yearly horse racing event in the UK and this held at the Racecourse. Taffic is a nightmare, almost all day. You have to add least an hour on to every journey to get to your destination on time.

I suppose the only plus side of this event, for myself is that local main bus operator, Stagecoach West, are bringing in over 100 double decker buses across the country, to run the 'Races Special' service. I suspect some of the double decker buses based in the local area and at the other five Stagecoach depots will also be used, for this service. The advantage for me, is that I can spot some unfamiliar buses that I haven't seen before! 😂

DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by DiRTFanNo.1
  • Like 1

How many seats do the buses you usually take have on them? Do they also have standing capacity?

• Like 1

Yes, they have a standing capacity and seating capacity. Not sure how many of each Off hand. Different bus models are different lengths and have a diffeeebt seating arrangement. I find that double deckers that are 10 years old or more have wasted space, in that the staircase is too far from the cab, meaning that if it was closer, more seats could be fitted.

DiRTFanNo.1

Interesting. So how many extra seats do you think would be able to fit in if the staircase was closer to the cab? And therefore I guess you could ask the question exactly how much more profit would come from having x amount of extra seats?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Didnt know you lived so close @DiRTFanNo.1

I live in Yeovil. I know how you feel, my old job was near Glastonbury and during the festival it was a nightmare.

Also this bus discussion is riveting :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

I saw earlier, a 2012, 12 plate, Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 from Stagecoach in London, broken down near the town centre.

I also have not done much bus spotting today, as much as I wanted to, due the heavy rain. This has stopped, so I might go out again.

DiRTFanNo.1

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hughesy said:

You fancy wrecking another car then Luke 😂

I hate driving in the snow, not in terms of control, that's fine, its the noise it makes when driving on snow, it's horrible.

Too soon 😭 haha 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Stagecoach buses that I spotted today (12/03/2019), running the 'Races Special ', for the festival, in order that I spotted them in. Buses with ' (Local) on the end, are local to Stagecoach, from one of the six depots. Bus with '(Visiting)' on the end, are from a Stagecoach division from another part of the country. All are double decker buses, listed below.

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN65 ZHE, 10490, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN16 OYA, 10635, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN16 OYF, 10640, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN66 VYD, 10759, in Stagecoach Gold 94 livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN66 VXD, 10736, in Stagecoach Simplibus livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN18 KVC, 10994, in Stagecoach Gold livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, MX08 GHY, 15451, in Stagecoach West livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis ALX 400, MX54 LPC, 18180, in Stagecoach West livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, VX10 FRK, 15648, in Celebrating 25 Years of Stagecoach West livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis ALX 400, VX54 NNK, 18200, in Stagecoach West livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, PE13 LSX, 15911, in Stagecoach WiFiBus livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN66 VWY, 10732, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN66 VVF, 10695, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, KX59 BBO, 15607, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, SF10 CCV, 15639, in Stagecoach livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN16 OXE, 10623, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN16 OZT, 10654, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, LX12 DAO, 19871, in Stagecoach Buses livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, GX11 AKO, 19886, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, VX62 CVR, 15845, in Stagecoach Gold 10 livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, MX08 GHZ, 15431, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, VX62 CZK, 15857, in Stagecoach Gold 10 livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, WA10 GHN, 15669, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, PE13 LSY, 15909, in Stagecoach WiFiBus livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN66 VXC, 10735, in Stagecoach Simplibus livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN18 KNU, 10953, in 700 Coastliner brought to you by Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, PX60 BFF, 15700, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis ALX 400, VX04 GHN, 18087, in Stagecoach West livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, YN60 AEA, 15695, in Stagecoach WiFiBus livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, GX10 HBB, 15593, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, GN09 BCE, 15496, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis ALX 400, VU06 JCJ, 18437, in Stagecoach in Gloucester livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, SF10 CCN, 15636, in Stagecoach greener ‱ smarter ‱ travel livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN66 VXE, 10737, in Stagecoach Simpibus livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SL64 JBE, 10419, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, GX10 HBA, 15592, in 700 Coastliner brought to you by Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, KX08 KZH, 15438, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, PX62 CBV, 15820, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis ALX 400, KX05 TWN, 18315, in Stagecoach West livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, WA61 KMM, 15799, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, SF10 CCO, 15637, in Stagecoach livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, SF10 CCZ, 15642 in Stagecoach livery (Local)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, WA10 GHJ, 15667 in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, YN60 ADU, 15692, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, LX12 DCU, 10110, in Stagecoach Buses livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, GN61 EVU, 15771, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN16 OXP, 10631, in Stagecoach livery (Visiting)

DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by DiRTFanNo.1
Additional information and bus running numbers added.
  • Agree 1

If you had to put together a top 3 of the buses you saw yesterday, which ones would they be?

Mine would be:
1) Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, YN60 AEA, in Stagecoach WiFiBus livery (Visiting)
2) Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, SF10 CCN, in Stagecoach greener ‱ smarter ‱ travel livery (Local)
3) Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, SF10 CCO, in Stagecoach livery (Local)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We've done it guys.. The forum has peaked :classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

#AlexanderDennisEnviroSquad 

• Haha 2

Right, that's it boys, pack it up, we've done it. 😛

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@MBKF1, my favourite spots from yesterday are, as follows:

1. Alexanderï»żÂ Dennis Enviro 400, VX10 FRK, in Celebrating 25 Years of Stagecoach West livery

2. Alexanderï»żÂ Dennis Enviro 400 MMC, SN18 KNU, in 700 Coastliner brought to you Stagecoach livery

3. Alexander Dennis Enviro 400, GX10 HBA, in 700 CoastlinerÂ ï»żbrought to you by Stagecoach livery

@Lukedfrt, what do you mean by “the forum has peaked”?

Also, what’s the ‘Alexander Dennis Enviro Squad’?!

DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by DiRTFanNo.1
Additional information added.