The Stuff Thread

Ok, so I'm 'good'. It turns out I'm not up to working full time, got way over stressed with work this year after having upped my hours from .5 to 1.0 for this year. I had a bit of a meltdown while giving a lecture and kinda ended up running out of the theatre in tears. Anyway after a week laying on a beach in New Caledonia, some chill time at home and some negotiating with the university, I'm now back at work at .75. So far so good, fingers crossed. And I got 2 weeks back before I go on a 3 weeks field trip (1 week teaching undergrads and 2 weeks with postgrads who I get to order around LOL). best of all my head of department is doing all my marking for me till I can tell him that I'm 100% ok 🙂

• Like 1

Leaving to UK tomorrow (10 hours or so). Quite excited. Will see how it goes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

Are you coming for a holiday, @UP100? I hope you enjoy the UK. 😉 🙂

DiRTFanNo.1

Now in UK. Mostly here for the Goodwood Members Meeting 😛

• Like 2

Help. My father and his friend are being the ultimate tourists.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, UP100 said:

Help. My father and his friend are being the ultimate tourists.

You haven't gotten anywhere near full tourist. I went on holiday down south once and we visited Stonehenge. There were loads of Asian tourists and, I kid you not, some of them were taking pictures of the dandelions in the grass around the stones rather than the stones themselves!

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

@UP100, c😎😎l. Enjoy it. Goodwood is very fun and enjoyable.

DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by DiRTFanNo.1
Additional information added.

Taking some time off due to stress. I dont think I've really dealt with the death of my mum as I had so much to do to make sure my dad was ok. It's also why I've bought so much stuff lately as it helps me forget. 

• Like 2

Stress is a major problem for most people. It's really bad for your health, but can't be helped sometimes! :classic_sad:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Playing Fortnite competitive arena mode wasn't a good idea. After I did this and came second yet again I put a hole through my printer, I thought I had redeploy lol. Last 8 games, 2nd each time so that's why I lost it and had to let my rage out lol.

Had to compress the video for this site to upload it, so not sure about the quality.

• Like 1

@Hughesy, I'm to read that you having to take time off; Am I correct in assuming this is work, that you are taking time off from? You may find then that you dealings with your mum's passing will come sooner or later. It will and always does eventually.

No upset is intended with post in way, @Hughesy. I'm sorry in advanced, if it has.

DiRTFanNo.1

Only a few hours ago, I learned some sad news; That my very, very good friend who lived in the USA, passed away yesterday (09/04/2019), from his very rare brain cancer. He had few operations while he was alive, but there was nothing that they could do to help him live a bit longer and they could not cure the cancer either. I am very sad and upset and learning this terrible news.

I am hoping to that I will be able to get to the USA for the funeral. I am intent on being present for it, as best as I can, for him. It will be the right to do. Only another emergency in my life in the UK (To do with myself, or somebody else) or no flight tickets will stop me from going.

DiRTFanNo1.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2019 at 7:10 PM, Lukedfrt said:

Stress is a major problem for most people. It's really bad for your health, but can't be helped sometimes! :classic_sad:

Apparently our psychology book said that stress is only harmful for you if you think it's harmful for you. At least to some extent of course, not to like extremes.

I have no clue if that's correct or anything.

Edited by UP100
farmful.
  • Like 1

Also on another note, I have no motivation to study right now... Uhh... I have to fix that somehow.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'd politely suggest your psychology  book is wrong. Sky high blood pressure, lack of sleep and even things like alopecia are all caused by stress. Like pain it's all in the mind, but the problem with that is your pain receptors are linked to your brain.

@DiRTFanNo.1 That's horrible. Well if you do make it there then that's some true dedication. Brain cancer is horrible, growing up my friends sister had it. They removed it and thought she was clear, only for it to come back a year later and it killed her at the age of 21. Trying to pick him up off the floor was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

On to a happier subject, remember when I got my puppy my dog hated him? Well this is them now lol.

A5dq3ga.jpg

UtdwVBy.jpg

Not sure why the second pic is so low quality but oh well.

• Like 2

@Hughesy, he was such a good friend and it will be a good dedication to go there for him. The last time I saw him in real life was here in the UK, back in 2016. This was the last time I saw him and will be the time I will see him forever. He was in 60's and the rest of him was in good health and in his lifetime he was healthy and has never had any other health problems before his diagnosis of brain cancer, which was in the Summer of last year (2018).

The doctors gave him a few more months to live. He was expected to pass this year, but not as early as this. Providing he continued to stay alive, I was planning to go and visit him, but sadly he has gone before that happened. I can feel my heart is in pain from him passing. He was such a good friend. I have lost people through death, but they have never been close to me. This closest friend I have lost and I am feeling this death and it's not nice. :classic_sad:

@Hughesy, loving the photo of the dogs. At least they are getting on, now. 🙂

DiRTFanNo.1

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 9:29 PM, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

Only a few hours ago, I learned some sad news; That my very, very good friend who lived in the USA, passed away yesterday (09/04/2019), from his very rare brain cancer. He had few operations while he was alive, but there was nothing that they could do to help him live a bit longer and they could not cure the cancer either. I am very sad and upset and learning this terrible news.

I am hoping to that I will be able to get to the USA for the funeral. I am intent on being present for it, as best as I can, for him. It will be the right to do. Only another emergency in my life in the UK (To do with myself, or somebody else) or no flight tickets will stop me from going.

DiRTFanNo1.

Sorry to hear mate. :classic_sad:

• Thanks 1

Weird stuff and things going on with the moon tonight. I've seen halos around the moon before but they are normally around the edge of it, this halo is really far out and big.

20190413_213303.jpg

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Weird stuff and things going on with the moon tonight. I've seen halos around the moon before but they are normally around the edge of it, this halo is really far out and big.

20190413_213303.jpg

We need to save moon from space shuttles thats why !

• Like 1

This past weekend, I visited my friends in Crewe, Cheshire, England, UK. I visited two nearby model shops there; Hatton's Model Railways (My favourite model shop in the UK) and Trident Trains. Between the two model shops, I spent over £100.00! My trips to Crewe always end up being expensive! 🙄 😂

DiRTFanNo.1

Wait, I just realised its a bank holiday weekend, so I don't even go back to work until Tuesday. This week off has definitely helped my stress levels though, so that's good. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1