The Stuff Thread

4 day weekend for me :classic_biggrin: Plenty of football, cricket and beer on the way!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Already cracked a beer open and been sat outside with my dogs. First truly hot day since Teddy came along and he loves to sunbathe lol.

• Like 3

A 4 day weekend with weather like this in April is a blessing. Enjoy it everyone, I know I will 🍺🍺🍺

• Like 3

Bank holiday is great and all, but I was late ordering some medication as I forgot about bank holiday. Three of which I'm not meant to just stop taking, but that's exactly what I've had to do so I feel awesome today :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:11 PM, couger1981 said:

4 day weekend here to or should i say bourbon long weekend haha.

You ate bourbon biscuits all Bank Holiday Weekend?

DiRTFanNo.1

• Haha 1

Back from field work, undergrads were painful as always (why bother to do a paleontology fieldwork subject for a general bachelor of science when you have no clue on whats involved?). Good news is I recovered two nearly 100% intact femurs and a 75% complete pelvis from a giant Kangaroo that I'm going to attempt to date using a new dating technique which is all about the decay of radioactive isotopes caused by solar flares (way way more accurate then radiocarbon dating. I've never done this myself before (its very complex and time consuming but our lab has the equipment) so I'm a bit nervous but keen to try. 

Got my first MOT due next month, think i'm going to go with Kwik Fit. Anyone here have any experience with them?

They're more expensive than the local garages by me, but i assume they'll be a lot more organised. Last time i had my car in a local garage for repairs i had to go 2 weeks without it, even though it was a simple problem :classic_mellow:

My local Kwik Fit is good, but then   I have a friend that works there.

• Like 1

Had a service/mot at Kwik fit once and it wasn't great. The guy serving was a prat and it took them 3 hours longer than they promised me.

On the way home down the dual carriageway, a car pulled up beside me to let me know my wheel was 'on fire'. Turns out the idiots hadn't adjusted the handbrake correctly resulting in the pad rubbing against the disc. Had to take it back in and wait ages again for them to correct it.

That was my experience anyway but not all centres will be that incompetent. Just don't go to Bletchley!

• Haha 1

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at that. Something similar happened after I dropped @RevolvingPrawn off after Silverstone, except this was on a motorway. I flashed my lights and then pulled up beside him and beeped trying to warn him his wheel was on fire, but he didn't slow down. I gave up as it felt dangerous trying to warn him, I don't like motorways in the dark as it is.

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2019 at 9:37 PM, Hughesy said:

I gave up as it felt dangerous trying to warn him, I don't like motorways in the dark as it is.

I recall one time when I was thinking on the passenger seat of my own car that this **** is stupidly dangerous, but I was too *redacted* to actually care. :classic_laugh:

We was suppose to get one of my friend from train station at certain time, but somehow we found ourselves from my other friend's party. Then that friend who was now at the train station calls me and asks that where the hell are we. I told him that we are almost there, already on our way. I told the "driver" to go to start my car while we are getting ready, we are in a hurry.

In the end we spent about 12 minutes and 1/4 tank of gas to travel 32km to that train station. I just told my "driver" to step on it, I didn't realise he took it literally and hold the loud bedal on the floor 90% of the time. But I have to say that the straight piped V8 screaming trough the quiet motorway at 200kmh and Batmobile blasting from stereos was quite awesome. Scary but awesome at the same time.

*Mod edit - No swearing guys!!*

Edited by f1since08
Swearing

Well I nearly had another accident with a motorcyclist, if I had music on I probably would have. A tight road with a 20mph speed limit, just enough room for a car. I could hear a motorbike sounding like it was going fast, sure enough he comes around a blind corner in the middle of the road doing at least 60mph. If it wasnt for the fact I heard him coming he would have gone over my bonnet.

They like to blame cars for their accidents and death rate, yet it's very rare that I see a motorcyclist doing the speed limit....

Posted (edited)

Have the older people here ever gone back and listened to music you grew up with as a teenager? I just did, Slipknot, this song in particular brings back memories of being at a friends house who's dad built a skate park as he was also a skater. We'd have this on full blast, this one in particular as it pumped me to try new tricks that I hadn't attempted, this time a reverse 540, I landed it but fell back and knocked myself out. Couldn't have been for long as when I woke the song was still playing 😂  This is one of their tame songs, but it was actually the drums and base guitar that drew me to this song.

Warning: Some swears

Edited by Hughesy

18 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Have the older people here ever gone back and listened to music you grew up with as a teenager? I just did, Slipknot, this song in particular brings back memories of being at a friends house who's dad built a skate park as he was also a skater. We'd have this on full blast, this one in particular as it pumped me to try new tricks that I hadn't attempted, this time a reverse 540, I landed it but fell back and knocked myself out. Couldn't have been for long as when I woke the song was still playing 😂  This is one of their tame songs, but it was actually the drums and base guitar that drew me to this song.

I still do sometimes yeah. Though tbh these days I don't tend to listen to too much music.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 9:53 PM, Hughesy said:

I don't exactly count as old, but most of the music I grew up with was terrible 😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Look at what my  bro painted for me, a mashup between Mario, Pokemon, Zelda and Fortnite, I love it!

20190522_182513.jpg

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 2

That's wicked! Especially liking Pikachu Link haha :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 11:53 PM, Hughesy said:

I have to listen Offspring every now and then, as it brings good memories from my childhood. Sitting on the floor front of the tv playing crazy taxi, while this plays in game. 

I used to skate also when I was kid. I think the happiest moment of my life was when I first time landed a perfect kickflip. :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

A song by comedians in different countries of Europe. Subtitles available. I love this ❤️

On 5/23/2019 at 12:26 PM, Lukedfrt said:

That's wicked! Especially liking Pikachu Link haha :classic_laugh:

He paints so much cool stuff. I told him he should stream it on Twitch as those channels actually do quite well. He’s been suffering from depression for over a year now and painting helps him, he’s more talented than he knows, and he never even did art classes at school or uni.

• Like 1

Fair play to him, i have always sucked at Art.. You've either got it, or you ain't!

Also, it's another 4 day bank holiday weekend for me :classic_biggrin: But i'm doing a 10k run tomorrow, so i shouldn't be having too many beers tonight haha

• Like 1

Well, I'm heading down to Wembley tomorrow for the play off final. It'll be my first time in London too! Really can't wait and I have my alarm set for 3:45! At least this time I'll be spamming my Instagram stories rather than me looking at people spamming their's!

• Like 2

London sucks, well it did for me anyway. Everyone is in a rush and very impolite, but I loved going to watch Yeovil in the playoff finals. First one not so much as Blackpool won and promoted to the Championship. But the 2nd time we beat Brentford and got promoted to the Championship, I also won over £200 on a bet so all in all it was a great day.

If you plan on eating and drinking in the stadium, take plenty of cash, it was something like £5 a pint when I went...