The Stuff Thread

On 5/26/2019 at 9:04 AM, Hughesy said:

London sucks, well it did for me anyway. Everyone is in a rush and very impolite, but I loved going to watch Yeovil in the playoff finals. First one not so much as Blackpool won and promoted to the Championship. But the 2nd time we beat Brentford and got promoted to the Championship, I also won over £200 on a bet so all in all it was a great day.

If you plan on eating and drinking in the stadium, take plenty of cash, it was something like £5 a pint when I went...

Well you're right. Wembley the place is an utter dump and wasn't any better than some of the rougher parts of Sunderland! I enjoyed the experience but cried when they scored the winner and I don't think I'll ever watch this match back again. I guess we'll just have to go and win the league next season!

I don't drink alcohol but the prices were ridiculous! £5 for a slice of pizza and nearly £3 for a bottle of water! At the SoL You get two pies, two pints and two packets of crisps for a tenner!

The atmosphere was amazing though, it's the loudest football match I've ever been to and I got a few selfies on Wembley Way with all the crowd behind me. I'll remember the pre-match mood more fondly than the post-match mood...

• Like 1

I'm gutted for you, after that goal Charlton gave away I wanted that to be the winner, as it would have been talked about until the end of time. Here's hoping next year you go up without having to be in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Hopefully we get to Wembley again in my lifetime haha, i missed out in 2011 :classic_sad:

Posted (edited)

Where is @RevolvingPrawn I normally talk to him a lot but haven't heard from him for weeks

loluntitled.png.f2f9f9e081f256cac457c365b7694555.png

Edited by Hughesy
  • Haha 1

I can't remember the last time he posted here, would be good to have him back! 

I normally talk to him via PM's but he's gone AWOL lol.

So, anyone in a gym? I've started work now and as it's an office job I want to make sure I keep fit. If anyone has ever seen photographs of me, you will also know I'm a bit of a weed! I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing so could do with some tips 😎

Posted (edited)

Find the biggest gym rat, kick his ass, become king, profit lol.

Haven't been to a gym for years due my condition, but used to go 5 days a week. Start slow and build yourself up slowly, if you push too hard too fast you will just burn yourself out.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Haha 1

Know what you're gonna do before you go and stick to it! And don't expect noticeable results for a good few weeks haha 

My general workout used to be 3k on the treadmill, 5 minutes on the rowing machine and then 10 minutes on the weights. 

I wish I could still go to the gym:classic_unsure: Miss it so much, it was a great place to clear my head and release stress. But now, walking to my car  tires me out.

Had my mot yesterday, set me back almost £600 with the service fee 😭 

I've been driving for almost a year and a half now, and excluding petrol.. I've spent over £6000 on insurance, cars and tax 😫 Considering i drive a pretty naff car, that's damn annoying! 

You are great at reminding me to exercise apparently.

Also: IT'S SUMMER!

react.gif.97f694bfc4d3ba63b80eb22ecf3d4e93.gif

I can do stuff now such as learn a lot of things I couldn't while I was studying 😛

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

Had my mot yesterday, set me back almost £600 with the service fee 😭 

I've been driving for almost a year and a half now, and excluding petrol.. I've spent over £6000 on insurance, cars and tax 😫 Considering i drive a pretty naff car, that's damn annoying! 

My last mot was 50€ and only thing I had to do was few little patches on the floor panel. + I fix my cars myself. :classic_biggrin:

61843446_370128553860684_838025160854968

How much you have to pay insurance in a year? Both my cars that actually works has about 120€/year each. But I'm quite sure that I use more money on fuel than you do. My cars are quite thirsty. (20L/100km) :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

So my vet seems to think my pug is mixed with a Chihuahua, I knew from an early age he didnt look like a pure pug. What's hilarious is that mixed breed is called a chug😂 Its also weird because my mum wanted a Chihuahua.

That breeder is dodgy, first she put an extra £100 on his price, then he suffered from worms and had a giant one come out, even though she said hed been wormed. Finally hes not a pug even though she showed me his dad...

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 2:53 AM, Murikka said:

My last mot was 50€ and only thing I had to do was few little patches on the floor panel. + I fix my cars myself. :classic_biggrin:

61843446_370128553860684_838025160854968

How much you have to pay insurance in a year? Both my cars that actually works has about 120€/year each. But I'm quite sure that I use more money on fuel than you do. My cars are quite thirsty. (20L/100km) :classic_wacko:

My insurance this year was just over £1000 😭 It's only my second year on the road, and i don't live in the nicest of area's, so it's ridiculous haha!

And i'm not sure what my mpg is, but i put in roughly £80 a month in fuel 🤑

You'd cry even more if you knew how much my car insurance was...

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

You'd cry even more if you knew how much my car insurance was...

Go on :classic_laugh: And you drive a nice Golf don't you? Not a naff VW Fox like me haha

That's mad man! Touch wood i have a good few clean years and mine comes down to that haha..

Just be careful of motorcyclists, they be crazy!

Also we can take down the Revolving Prawn wanted posters, he has been found alive lol

• Haha 1

The problem is he's spending all of his free time getting himself looking like Hulk Hogan. I'm not even going to recognise him when I see him next, when he's not working he's out exercising. I wish I could do the same, I hate having skinny arms and a fat belly.

There's only one form of medication that could get me out exercising, but it's not legal here but is in the US, I know how well it works as last time I tried it I didnt have to use crutches for a whole day. Lol

• Like 1

Do you guys remember my post about my bros crazy partner? Well he persisted with her and they are meant to be getting married in February, but predictably it’s gone wrong again. So it’s  fathers day and his ex wife bought him a mug from their child. Well his crazy controlling partner went mental about it, came into his work place and chucked the engagement ring at him. 

Like ***, the mug is from his little 4 year old boy, not his ex wife. So now he’s probably going to be sleeping at mine tonight which will be annoying as he works weird hours. When will he see that enough is enough and he shouldn’t be with her. He has no problem getting girlfriends so why persist with someone who is so messed up in the head.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 3:18 PM, Hughesy said:

Do you guys remember my post about my bros crazy partner? Well he persisted with her and they are meant to be getting married in February, but predictably it’s gone wrong again. So it’s  fathers day and his ex wife bought him a mug from their child. Well his crazy controlling partner went mental about it, came into his work place and chucked the engagement ring at him. 

Like ***, the mug is from his little 4 year old boy, not his ex wife. So now he’s probably going to be sleeping at mine tonight which will be annoying as he works weird hours. When will he see that enough is enough and he shouldn’t be with her. He has no problem getting girlfriends so why persist with someone who is so messed up in the head.

Kinda been there done that. My ex got mad because I spent time with my friends without her at my birthday. She did **** like that all the time so I told her when she called me and threw a temper tantrum at me, to get all her **** from my place and leave me alone. Best choise of my life. 

There is no reason to waste time in toxic relationship as we are only getting older, so I recommend that you try to have a serious talk with your brother. I finally found a really good partner, best part is that she is also a car enthusiast, so she don't tell me to not buy more cars. I think we have 9 or 10 cars at the moment. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 1:18 PM, Hughesy said:

She still sounds proper nuts haha, he needs to get rid of her!