The Stuff Thread

She is dude, like she can be really nice and then flips at the smallest things. I know shes had bad relationships in the past, one of which she got pregnant and then guy left and never came back, but looking at how she is I cant say i blame him if she was already like this, although ditching a kid isnt cool.

It's a shame as her kid is ok, pretty much every time shes been here she wants to play a game in VR. But theres only so many times I can tell my bro as he doesnt listen and then comes crying to me when it goes wrong. Its frustrating as last time they split up I gave him a load of money to put a deposit down on a flat but then he ends up with her again.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 9:56 PM, Hughesy said:

She is dude, like she can be really nice and then flips at the smallest things. I know shes had bad relationships in the past, one of which she got pregnant and then guy left and never came back, but looking at how she is I cant say i blame him if she was already like this, although ditching a kid isnt cool.

It's a shame as her kid is ok, pretty much every time shes been here she wants to play a game in VR. But theres only so many times I can tell my bro as he doesnt listen and then comes crying to me when it goes wrong. Its frustrating as last time they split up I gave him a load of money to put a deposit down on a flat but then he ends up with her again.

Kind of makes me glad I'm single then not sure I'd want to  put up with that.

7 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Anyone else been having trouble logging into the forum lately?

All good here, but it still takes awhile for anything to load up though.

16 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Anyone else been having trouble logging into the forum lately?

I thought i hadn't seen you post for a while haha!

This is the cup/mug she flipped about, like it literally says dad on it. Sure his ex wife bought it, but a 4 year old is hardly going to go and buy it himself lol. Imagine is rotated on here for some reason but whatever.

20190621_215253.jpg

I'm guessing she resembled the Hulk when she saw it 🤣 

Stuff like that is nuts though, if she's flipped over something that small.. imagine what she'd do if something major happened :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

She as pretty as the Hulk... The worst thing is he's still with her after that. Depression has really changed my bro, he has 0 self worth and it's painful to see, because in the past he wouldn't have taken this ****. The amount of times I've pleaded with him to move on with her, but he doesn't, yet if the marriage happens I'll have to sit there and support him as he's my bro, knowing that it'll end in a divorce.  Like I don't have a lot of self worth due to my condition, but I'd never let someone treat me like that.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

She as pretty as the Hulk... The worst thing is he's still with her after that. Depression has really changed my bro, he has 0 self worth and it's painful to see, because in the past he wouldn't have taken this ****. The amount of times I've pleaded with him to move on with her, but he doesn't, yet if the marriage happens I'll have to sit there and support him as he's my bro, knowing that it'll end in a divorce.  Like I don't have a lot of self worth due to my condition, but I'd never let someone treat me like that.  

Depression and stress go hand in hand. I've never talked about it publically before but I went through a low period recently and came close to starting to self-harm on a few occasions. It's weird the way the mind changes when something isn't right. Fortunately, I'm over that now but I know how much of a different person it made me. Stick with your brother; I don't have any blood siblings but confided in someone who is as close to me as one. He sorted me out and made me realise who I really am and it was exactly what I needed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, f1since08 said:

Depression and stress go hand in hand. I've never talked about it publically before but I went through a low period recently and came close to starting to self-harm on a few occasions. It's weird the way the mind changes when something isn't right. Fortunately, I'm over that now but I know how much of a different person it made me. Stick with your brother; I don't have any blood siblings but confided in someone who is as close to me as one. He sorted me out and made me realise who I really am and it was exactly what I needed.

Yeah we all go through rough times even I've gone through times where I've just hated life. I've not got to the point where I've felt suicidal or anything but I have been depressed to the point where I jus t don't want to do anything not even eat or drink and I usually quite like my food so it's unusual for that to happen. I think it's just natural that we go through these periods.

20 hours ago, f1since08 said:

See I actually went past that point and was self harming between September and November last year. The only person I ever told was @RevolvingPrawn until now. I actually have a scar across my stomach from a particularly bad cut. 

I managed to climb out of that hole, which is surprising considering the death of my mum in January, I genuinely thought I was going to crash and burn after that, but somehow kept it together. I'll always stick with my bro, but I'm worried that if it ended badly he'd do something stupid, rather than ending it on his terms and focusing on himself and his little kid.

• Like 1

That is a difficult position your in. Let me offer a viewpoint from the other side if I may...

I've hinted at this on here before without much detail but let me expand. My marriage went through a rough patch where my partner cheated on me and after I confronted her she started telling lies and making up horrible things about me, that she told all our friends about. We both actually signed divorce papers but she never lodged them. We separated for about 8 months and then I took her back and weve been happy for the last 6 years. So why did I take her back after how she treated me?

Low self esteem and self worth is definitely a factor for me, I was and still am convinced that no other would be able to stand me. It did occur to me that maybe I would be better off alone but I knew that the feelings that led us both to the altar were real and still there. A soul mate is not necessarily perfect it just feels right in every way despite the problems. My parents both encouraged me to sever contact with my partner but I didn't. She lived with the woman she cheated on me with while we were still legally married. I realized soon after the massive fight we had that led to the separation that she was going through an extremely tough time at work and in her own personal life, I knew that to me 'for better or worse' meant that I had to stand by her even as she stabbed me in the back, because I meant what I said. I found out long after that she was being sexually harassed by a male superior and was feeling deeply vulnerable and she lashed out at the only person she could. I have forgiven her for it but not forgotten it, it deeply hurt me and deep down I will admit that things between us are not quite what they were, there is less trust on my behalf. I do know for sure though that I would be a lot worse off if I had broken with her, especially as recently I've gone through my own little work crisis (she was like a rock for me through that). Sometimes need and love are so strong that otherwise destructive circumstances can seem unimportant/irrelevant in the grand scheme of a relationship.

Thanks for reading 🙂

• Like 1

On a slightly lighter note, I've gotten my degree classification today and I'll be graduating with a 1st class Mechanical Engineering degree next month 🙂

• Like 4

Only slightly? :classic_biggrin: That's awesome though bud, how long until you join Williams and stop them being so arse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Only slightly? :classic_biggrin: That's awesome though bud, how long until you join Williams and stop them being so arse.

When they move their factory to within a 15 minute commute like my current job is 😂

• Like 1

So my current PC chair has become super uncomfortable on top of the gas lift not working. Even though I haven't had it long I've had to buy a new one as it hurts my arse lol.

The braking point was last night 30 laps into a race in F1 19 the pain was excruciating, it still hurts this morning lol. Went with a Corsair T2, wanted red and black but that cost £10 more and wouldnt arrive until Saturday, so went with black and white and it'll arrive tomorrow 

IMG_-qf29z2.jpg

• Like 1

I hate it when I have to or I want to sell one of my cars. I'm trying to sell my chevy van, mainly because I want someone to have more time for it, but at the same time I don't want to sell it. This is why I don't sell my cars and all the sudden I have cars at home, at my garage and at my dad's home. :classic_dry:

Posted (edited)

Ordered that seat, Amazon sent me a dog cage, I am raging! This is from Amazon and not a random seller on Amazon. Spent 45 mins with customer service and they were useless, that's me being polite as this is a PG site lol.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Ordered that seat, Amazon sent me a dog cage, I am raging! This is from Amazon and not a random seller on Amazon. Spent 45 mins with customer service and they were useless, that's me being polite as this is a PG site lol.

Sounds like you've had a ruff day. 😛

• Haha 2

On 6/24/2019 at 6:34 PM, f1since08 said:

On a slightly lighter note, I've gotten my degree classification today and I'll be graduating with a 1st class Mechanical Engineering degree next month 🙂

Well done mate, that's fantastic!

On a similar note, I also got my degree last week in Graphic Design! 😛 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

I hope the chair comes today mate 🤣

I did and it's bloody awesome, but doing manual labour in this heat wasn't fun lol.

• Like 1