The Stuff Thread

12 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

I don't remember that luckily :classic_laugh:

I wonder how Rohan is doing after all these years, i'm pretty sure i follow him on Instagram!

10 hours ago, MBKF1 said:

Oh Rohan... weird memories.

His end of year award shows were truly incredible, used to be the highlight of my forum year!

7 hours ago, Hughesy said:

He was weird, but a good kind of weird, miss the guy. I wonder why he disappeared #MakeRohanGreatAgain lul 

Wonder if he is still chasing after that girl he was talking about back then lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lukedfrt said:

ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS BOYS 🎉🎉🏏

It knocked about 20 years off my life that match and I also have no fingernails left. I hope to NEVER have to go through that again!

Stokes is a legend and a hero!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And we shouldn't have won. When the ball hit  stokes after the throw, the umpire gave 6 total for the boundry and 2 runs, but the rule is it's only a run if the batsman have crossed each other before the ball is thrown. So when the ball was thrown the batsmen hadn't crossed for the second, so it should have been 5 runs, still I'll take it lol.

Edited by Hughesy

21 hours ago, phil83 said:

It knocked about 20 years off my life that match and I also have no fingernails left. I hope to NEVER have to go through that again!

Stokes is a legend and a hero!

Tell me about it! I can't remember feeling so nervous ever, especially those last 10 overs and then the super over 🤣 

Buttler and Stokes really delivered when it mattered though with their partnership, i thought we'd thrown it away! 

Really want to sign up to do this race as it's an issue close to my heart because my dad has dementia. The circuit isn't very far away either from me,  but its £400 for a team of 4

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Really want to sign up to do this race as it's an issue close to my heart because my dad has dementia. The circuit isn't very far away either from me,  but its £400 for a team of 4

Would be quality to get 4 of us from here to do it! 

And dementia is truly the worst :classic_sad: 

• Like 1

It would be so fun. Thankfully my dads dementia isn’t too bad yet, he just doesn’t do stuff like have a shower or change his clothes unless I remind him to lol, but he still knows who I am and stuff like that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The war cry when I leave home without him lol. Excuse the ugly ass wall at what was my parents house, currently in the process of having the whole house redecorated.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Haha 1

So, how's everyone been? I graduate from uni two weeks ago and spent last weekend at Silverstone for Formula Student which was tiring!

• Like 4

Nothing too exciting here, this heat isn't actually that bad i don't think! 

Last weekend I was in a car&bike meet, mainly for american cars and harley bikes. Our car club was one of the many organisers. There was some club vs club competitions and so on, everyone had good time. Unfortunately next morning when I woke up I had really sad news from our club president. One car that left there at night was involved in accident. Later we saw news that few passengers had some sort of argument and they did stop on side of the road and 2 of them got ran over by a semi. I didn't really know them that well, but it's really heartbreaking how some silly argument can turn into that. Also it kinda hits home, as they were fellow car enthusiasts.

Another thing that makes this even more sad, is people on facebook. Every news I see shared on facebook, is full of rude comments and people who say they were idiots, as they did stop there. They should remember that anyone can make stupid mistake and that now there is kids without mom or dad and family+friends that will miss them.

Mostly I feel bad for that young girl who drove that american car. She saw her boyfriend and friend getting killed right next to her and now people are saying on facebook how it's her fault as she stopped there.

This is sad af.

That all stems from the general belief that standard social norms don't apply online. People behave online in a totally contrary way to how they would act in person, a truly bizarre behavioural pattern in the modern world. One of the myriad of reasons as to why I never play any MP ever, I have copped so much abuse, weird propositions and general **** when I used to game online in the past!

Posted (edited)

Hey 👀

Anyone here anymore? I'm taking a break from programming as pathfinding was quite interesting to do for the first time in my life. I just look at the tutorials and say "no I don't understand" and went to do my own after figuring out how one works.

and by break I mean opening a page and writing a message 😛 Back to the spaghetti code I'll go.

Edited by UP100

Here's a question then, since most of the English members of the forum live down south I might get an answer.

I'm driving down to Margate in a couple of weeks. What are the roads like speed camera wise down that bit of the country?

No idea as I've never been, I'm such a helpful person.

Btw have you guys ever been past those signs that show your speed? They are good fun as they arent speed cameras. They only seem to have two digits though, so I'm not sure what happens if you clock 100mph as you go past lol

• Haha 1

Good to see normal service resumed re: the cricket. Pommies lose, aussies win!

• Sad 1

Fair play to Steve Smith, he took all the stick and delivered when the pressure was fully on. Him and Lyon were the difference, i reckon we might have nicked it if Anderson was fit!

It's shaping up to be a cracking series :classic_biggrin:

Booing when Smith got the Century was disrespectful but they answered with great bowling 🙂 

• Like 1

Poms have no class 😄

Time for another whitewash to show em whose boss aye...

(Fyi I'm a dual Australian/British citizen and have many close relatives who stayed behind, I'm only 1st gen aussie, so any pommie bashing I do is in jest 🙂 )

• Haha 1

Yeah i agree the booing of Smith's centuries was disrespectful, i'm all for the banter and sledging :classic_laugh: but that was too much! 

I had a great day on Friday watching Burns' century, i'm just gutted we lost at Fortress Edgbaston :classic_angry: we're almost guaranteed to lose at Lords haha..

Yeah probs gonna be be 2-0 after Lords, though I'm not sure were picking our best XI atm, imo Wade's 100 was a fluke and he will not pass single figures for the rest of the series. Biggest question going into Lords for us is what to do with a fit Starc, I don't think either Patto or Sids deserve to be dropped to make room. 

• Like 1

The forums keep bringing up the Rohan4President picture now when I try to type a new message in this thread 😛 

On a not so important note: School has started.