The Stuff Thread

Hello everyone. Perhaps it's best I explain myself for absence since towards the end of April 2019. In the Spring and Summer, I like to get out about more, travelling on buses and spotting lorries, belonging to my favourite UK based haulage company, Eddie Stobart. I also limit myself to Internet use that time of the year and barely pay video games. This sort of year, with wet and windy weather is when I use the Internet more and play on my video games.

Another a big change to my life happened last week, which has really affected me coming to the Codemasters Community any sooner. My grandfather passed away last week, from a fourth heart attack (He had three in the days prior to this one), caused from a major fall in September and slip three days before his death. During one or the other or during both, he fractured all of ribs and pelvis in multiple places. These injuries was too much for his already weak heart and it gave in, unfortunately.

How am I doing? Not very well. The slightest thing makes me cry, like looking out his personal belongs and walking down the garden (He was an avid gardener; He would tinker down there during any weather, any time). I have never been like that, but this is the first time I have lost a close family member. It's horrible. I wouldn't want an enemy to suffer what I am suffering. I don't think my life will be the same ever again.

If anybody would like send me a Personal Meesage, then please feel free to. I need as much encouragement as possible to rebuild my life up as best as possible. Thank you.

How is everyone else?

ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1
Typo correction and additional information added.
  • Sad 3

20 hours ago, ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 said:

Hello everyone. Perhaps it's best I explain myself for absence since towards the end of April 2019. In the Spring and Summer, I like to get out about more, travelling on buses and spotting lorries, belonging to my favourite UK based haulage company, Eddie Stobart. I also limit myself to Internet use that time of the year and barely pay video games. This sort of year, with wet and windy weather is when I use the Internet more and play on my video games.

Another a big change to my life happened last week, which has really affected me coming to the Codemasters Community any sooner. My grandfather passed away last week, from a fourth heart attack (He had three in the days prior to this one), caused from a major fall in September and slip three days before his death. During one or the other or during both, he fractured all of ribs and pelvis in multiple places. These injuries was too much for his already weak heart and it gave in, unfortunately.

How am I doing? Not very well. The slightest thing makes me cry, like looking out his personal belongs and walking down the garden (He was an avid gardener; He would tinker down there during any weather, any time). I have never been like that, but this is the first time I have lost a close family member. It's horrible. I wouldn't want an enemy to suffer what I am suffering. I don't think my life will be the same ever again.

If anybody would like send me a Personal Meesage, then please feel free to. I need as much encouragement as possible to rebuild my life up as best as possible. Thank you.

How is everyone else?

I have to admit that I did miss you...

Everyone has times in which everything feels ******* terrible. I'm sure you can get your life rebuilt, so stay strong! 👍 

I'm terrible with making others feel better, so I don't think I'm the right guy for a private conversation, but if you need someone to talk to, you can contact me through these forums, or by following the Discord link to the Official GRID server and finding an user with the name UP100.

@UP100

I am glad I was missed. I was hoping to come back sooner, but that bad news last week really got me down and I still am. When I come back 100% like I was, I don't when that will be.

Information italics bout personal messages has been noted.

Edited by ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1
ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 signature added.

Just got told by my boss that I don't have to go back to work for the rest of the year, no teaching till a week long course I'm doing in Feb yay! Though my boss and I have a report to the SA government to write which is due middle of next year, so still lots of work to do. I have nearly a thousand fossil fragments to process and fossils this old (Edicaran Eon 635 million years old) are hard enough to identify when intact!

Hey everyone, how ya all doing? :) Incredibly glad to see some of the old members still hanging out here :) Can't remember when was the last time I visited this place.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ron666 said:

Hey everyone, how ya all doing? 🙂 Incredibly glad to see some of the old members still hanging out here 🙂 Can't remember when was the last time I visited this place.

It can't be? Is that Rohan 😲

Welcome back mate it's been a very long time.

18 hours ago, couger1981 said:

It can't be? Is that Rohan 😲

Welcome back mate it's been a very long time.

I am very much real :p I was just exploring some old stuff in my laptop last night and came across a lot of memories, OT being one of them. So glad to see that some of the members from the time I left this place are still here. I actually found my scripts for the OT awards shows and as expected, it literally took me back in time :) I had a great couple of years here and now when I look back at the past, dear me I was one annoying # that everyone had to deal with :D I see that Luke, Mikey, Hughesey(I guess) and f1since08(looks like you have been promoted mate, congo buddy :) ) are still here... can't see my old buddies like Bumfez here and some of them I have on facebook and instagram though.

We had a super great community back in those days and am very glad that I had the privilege to be a part of that family. If I had it my way, I could write an essay about how much spending time here has taught me valuable life lessons, becoming mature, improving communication skills(which I use during my US/EMEA client interactions very often) and blah blah blah :p :p But yes, it's great to see this community still alive and running and hoping it stays that way :) 

Edit: Been looking at some of my posts from the archives especially 2014 OT awards show and all that I can say is, I sincerely apologize to anyone whom I may have hurt, it was unintentional and my behavior? Well... it was just childish/immature and clearly I never had the right choice of words, how awfully silly I was :p Just to be clear everyone, I never wanted to hurt anyone, it's just that I never properly understood that I was sharing a stage with people from various places :)

I hope to be able to interact with as many of you as possible, wonder when did the forum slow down :( And btw, if my memory serves me correct, this ain't the forum it was when I left almost 5 years ago, it was bluish :classic_huh:

Edited by Ron666
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ron666 said:

I am very much real 😛 I was just exploring some old stuff in my laptop last night and came across a lot of memories, OT being one of them. So glad to see that some of the members from the time I left this place are still here. I actually found my scripts for the OT awards shows and as expected, it literally took me back in time 🙂 I had a great couple of years here and now when I look back at the past, dear me I was one annoying # that everyone had to deal with 😄 I see that Luke, Mikey, Hughesey(I guess) and f1since08(looks like you have been promoted mate, congo buddy 🙂 ) are still here... can't see my old buddies like Bumfez here and some of them I have on facebook and instagram though.

We had a super great community back in those days and am very glad that I had the privilege to be a part of that family. If I had it my way, I could write an essay about how much spending time here has taught me valuable life lessons, becoming mature, improving communication skills(which I use during my US/EMEA client interactions very often) and blah blah blah 😛 😛 But yes, it's great to see this community still alive and running and hoping it stays that way 🙂 

Edit: Been looking at some of my posts from the archives especially 2014 OT awards show and all that I can say is, I sincerely apologize to anyone whom I may have hurt, it was unintentional and my behavior? Well... it was just childish/immature and clearly I never had the right choice of words, how awfully silly I was 😛 Just to be clear everyone, I never wanted to hurt anyone, it's just that I never properly understood that I was sharing a stage with people from various places 🙂

I hope to be able to interact with as many of you as possible, wonder when did the forum slow down 😞 And btw, if my memory serves me correct, this ain't the forum it was when I left almost 5 years ago, it was bluish :classic_huh:

Don't worry about the OT awards from back then it was funny to read the posts 🙂 I don't think you seemed rude back then, everyone is different when it comes to spoken English 🙂. Bumfez hasn't been around for a year or two @Hughesy says he is working out in a gym everyday lol. The forum got changed around a few times, this new forum started end of last year or start of this year but since the new forum started a lot of the older members are starting to disappear, i'll check the forums once a day but there isn't many new posts in OT.

It's funny tho, Me Hamiltonfan, Hughesy and others were talking about you and the OT awards a couple of months back 🙂

• Like 1

Rohan, it's been far too long haha! Mad to think back to those times 😂 I'm pretty sure i still have you on facebook or instagram :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 9/27/2014 at 5:18 PM, Herby007 said:

I can't get the flu jab :/. Not had a bad hit of flu for a few years though. Fingers crossed nothing this year.

I'm sick 😡. Here I sit and solve quizzes

Glad to see the forum is still ticking along...slowly! 

• Like 3

Ahh...life is good. Test cricket is on and the wine is cold...hey, its the evening somewhere in the world right? Just gotta make sure I'm not too tipsy when my partner gets home from work, else I get an earful! LOL

18 hours ago, MATT said:

Glad to see the forum is still ticking along...slowly! 

Welcome back 🙂

Yes it's ticking along very slowly.

On 11/17/2019 at 12:07 AM, couger1981 said:

Don't worry about the OT awards from back then it was funny to read the posts 🙂 I don't think you seemed rude back then, everyone is different when it comes to spoken English 🙂. Bumfez hasn't been around for a year or two @Hughesy says he is working out in a gym everyday lol. The forum got changed around a few times, this new forum started end of last year or start of this year but since the new forum started a lot of the older members are starting to disappear, i'll check the forums once a day but there isn't many new posts in OT.

It's funny tho, Me Hamiltonfan, Hughesy and others were talking about you and the OT awards a couple of months back 🙂

Yeah I don't visit this place as much as I used to. I still visit the Bioware forums quiet a bit but that's about it these days. The Bioware forums are always pretty active so that's never been a problem.. I still play lots of games though. In fact trying to get around to fimnaslly playing the nw eJedi fallen order game soon. I'm hoping to get around to trying the new RE2 remake as well as I bought I back when it came out in January but haven't got round to playing it asme with Shadow of the |TR's DLC's tbh. Though I've ordered a couple of Need for Speed games as I bought both the Most Wanted games and I've ordered the new Heat one as well. Also Sonic Mania too though Heat and Sonic are mostly Christmas presents

Fark!!! Just visited the little girls room, was sitting there looked up and saw an enormous spider just sitting there dangling. Must've been like 10cm wide all black, horrible. I just screamed like a little girl lol I was just hysterical lol cowering on the floor shrieking, my partner had to find the key to open the door from the outside...she is still laughing at me. I don't do spiders yuck...

On 11/23/2019 at 12:39 PM, KittyFit90 said:

Fark!!! Just visited the little girls room, was sitting there looked up and saw an enormous spider just sitting there dangling. Must've been like 10cm wide all black, horrible. I just screamed like a little girl lol I was just hysterical lol cowering on the floor shrieking, my partner had to find the key to open the door from the outside...she is still laughing at me. I don't do spiders yuck...

This would be me in that situation.

Kill-it-with-fire-MEME-2015.jpg

• Haha 1