The Stuff Thread

Haha the beach house had an outside power outlet on the deck, just ran the charger there to my chair. Wasn't a hotel either, my parents own it, just a tiny 2 bedroom beach house right in the dunes, sleepy little town of 40 people, 2 shops, a pub and a caravan park. Bliss.

• Like 1

Mine are blessedly infrequent, but bad. I got driven home yesterday by a colleague and then spent the afternoon laying on my bed groaning. Worst part was, my wife made dinner...which was ordinary...very ordinary...actually made me feel sicker. Some people are just not meant to cook LOL:classic_biggrin:

I'm taking it easy to today, just going to watch some TV this morning and stay away from the lab...the lighting and using a magnifying glass obviously triggered me yesterday. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 said:

@KittyFit90, you had lightning yesterday (Wednesday 06/05/2020)? In the UK, we did not have that.

ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1

Haha no the lights in the lab mate, I havn't been used to them which is why I had a problem. Too much for my eyes.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I did a thing today.

96145811_242277183676797_387133799853247

Removed front bumper and nose cone + rad support of my gf's Chevrolet Caprice.

I also gave bunch of tools to my gf and told her to learn how to use those. She want's to learn and I'm more than happy to teach. :classic_biggrin: She did so well today, eventually she can say that se built her car by herself. :classic_wink:

Our main goal is to get rid of that POS Oldsmobile engine and replace it with 350cid small block chevy + fresh transmission. Also that car needs some new metal (rust fixes) as some parts of it looks like it was lifted from the sea, right next of Titanic.

Edited by Murikka
  • Like 2

So, because of restrictions that may last months (which effects class sizes etc) my university is not accepting any international students to attend at campus. My department needed to drop 25% of total teaching hours across all staff. As such I'm now going to be .5 for the second half of the year, I'm teaching one undergrad topic and co-teaching one other and supervising postgrad students as normal. Most of my colleagues are not very happy at the cuts but accept that its necessary in the current situation...me I couldn't care less...I don't work for the money, I do it because I love Paleontology! More time to spend in the lab lols:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 said:

@KittyFit90, I think most if not all work places will be cutting hours, due to income loss etc, caused by this world pandemic.

Colin...

Hah not my wife, shes been flat out, disappeared for 5 days this week, that always sucks as she can only ever tell me how long she will be gone not where shes going 😞 Though I can guess, given how much extreme cold weather gear she took, I reckon she must've flown to one of the Antarctic stations with supplies...very cool! Good news too her promotion has been confirmed, as of June 1st she'll be 2ic of a squadron...no increase in rank but definitely a step up the chain, a few years of that then she'll be a squadron leader, that will make her happy at least. So ambitious that one:classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 said:

@KittyFit90, I apologise for the reply. I have been busy. these past few days.

What does "2ic" mean?

ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1

2ic is 2nd in Command, my wife is a Flight Lieutenant (equiv of an Army captain) in the RAAF, she flies long range maritime recon planes. 🙂

• Like 1

I got this note this morning from my missus:

'Dearest Kitty, I know how much you've been looking forward to joining the 30 club (drawn big grin emoji), only a month to go from today! I thought I would share with you some of the things you can look forward to when finally becoming a mature adult. You can look forward to age lines forming on your face, lots more grey hairs, your sciatic nerve will start to play up and best of all your b**** will start to sag! (she drew a LOL emojii there). I can't wait to share these experiences with you!!! Love Megs (love heart)'

I wrote **** off and drew a hand with the middle finger extended. She thinks she's so funny! :classic_angry:

• Haha 2

Yay,

I'm down to 55 kilos! I feel great too, 5 more to go till target weight:classic_cool: I took a few large bags of my fat lady clothes to the charity shop this morning, that felt awesome to unload that stuff, never going to need them again either, I am actually enjoying the fitness regime (well not the sprints, push ups, crunches...or anything else my wife makes me do) but the hiking is great and I don't mind the exercise bike. I think the biggest thing is getting off the booze, I can even cope with my anxiety at the moment too.:classic_smile:

• Like 2

On 5/27/2020 at 6:14 PM, Aralbert said:

Well I'm on holidays as of now, my university is going to online classes only as of today. I'll have to teleconference some seminars and record some lectures but my lab topic I teach is cancelled. Not even supposed to go to work unless absolutely necessary. So I dunno what to do with myself now...

Why are you quoting my post (without acknowledging it) from months ago?

• Agree 1

I'd imagine it's a bot post, Kitty. Seen that kind of post across the forums fairly often.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I've been busy with the F1 forums, reddit, discord and such, so I haven't even had time to remove bot posts from here!

Can confirm that bots love to copy old messages and add suspicious links into them 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Uh-oh...

My wife is up to something, she's being all secretive. Had a parcel delivered yesterday...she never orders things online. I suspect shes planning something for my 30th in 2 and a half weeks. Now the question is? Do i strive to find out what or just leave it and be pleasantly surprised (hopefully!)? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha,

I've worked it out, my wife is wonderful (sometimes!):classic_biggrin: the surprise as it were is going to be epic and memorable. I've just got to pretend that I don't know...though I'm a terrible liar/actor:classic_cool:

• Like 2

Well, got a few hours of my 20s left...😪 Had a wonderful roast lunch with my parents and now I'm waiting (im)patiently for my surprise from my wife... looking forward to this!

• Like 1

30 now :classic_angry: I swear there were extra grey hairs this morning too...

My surprise was epic and a lot of fun:classic_biggrin: Best birthday gift ever!!!

• Like 2