The Stuff Thread

That was fun:classic_mellow: Only now am I feeling half decent, spent most of today sleeping in bed. Missed my meeting, boss rang me and said that he'll see me next Friday and wished me good health soon. Hope so because this is getting tiresome.:classic_sad:

May have gotten through this now, yesterday I had a tiny migraine but nothing much and today I'm migraine free so far! I feel so much better now and am hoping to be able to return to work next monday!:classic_smile:

• Like 1

Ooh pressies!:classic_biggrin:

Wifey got home today, she's been in Japan for the last 2 and a half weeks. Officially I'm still not supposed to know where she was but all the gifts are Japanese so its easy. I've got weird flavour lollies, a Kimono (lovely floral purple, white and cherry blossom pink, must've cost a fortune), some cans of Japanese cola with weird added flavours, a dog figurine with a sumo wrestler belly lol and a baseball cap from a US Air Force base near Tokyo (I've got a few of those from the USA, Sth Korea and the Mid East). Glad she's home, missed her a lot:classic_love:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KittyFit90 said:

Back to work today, wish me luck! Migraine free and ready to go!:classic_biggrin:

It's currently 1AM here and I'm being kept awake by incredibly heavy rain and thunder 😛

Good luck though!

• Haha 1

Made it through no issues. I'm way better just dealing with one topic, my autistic brain gets very focused (obsessed) and I find it very hard to switch from one thing to another. So now its just one topic, one set of students and I really do need an hour or so to relax between classes. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KittyFit90 said:

Haha without my random drivel this forum is way dead:classic_laugh:

Basically I just post my **** to my own wall as they're so off-topic that they'd break the forum rules 😅

There is some activity in other off-topic threads surprisingly...

Went to my parents house for a Father's Day lunch today, my old dad (he's 80) said to me 'My greatest achievement in life, is that I raised three wonderful daughters, who have all despite been born into a wealthy family, pushed themselves to be their very best (all 3 of us are science Phds, marine biology, botany and paleontology) and have made and will make meaningful contributions to their country and to the lives of those around them'. That Dad is why I love and admire you!:classic_love:

• Like 1

Good to see this place is still breathing somewhat! Only come on here very occasionally but I hope everyone is doing well in these covid times. 

Edited by MATT
  • Like 2

OMG been ages since I posted here! Where did the time go lol:classic_tongue:

I've been super busy/excited about some proposed excavation work that me and a colleague from the rival university are collaborating on. We're writing a scientific research proposal for the federal government to fully explore the rich Ediacaran period (600-650 mya) fossil bed in the Gammon Ranges here in South Aussie. It's a sea bed that has been exposed and weathered on the surface containing the richest and most intact collection of fossils from an eon of geological time that we know very little about...a time before oxygen, before plants as we know them...a time where the life was strange and basic and had only just reached multi celled status. In case you can't tell I'm super excited haha:classic_biggrin:

Oh and I'm away next week, teaching my field school, thats exciting too:classic_smile:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

OMG been ages since I posted here! Where did the time go lol:classic_tongue:

I've been super busy/excited about some proposed excavation work that me and a colleague from the rival university are collaborating on. We're writing a scientific research proposal for the federal government to fully explore the rich Ediacaran period (600-650 mya) fossil bed in the Gammon Ranges here in South Aussie. It's a sea bed that has been exposed and weathered on the surface containing the richest and most intact collection of fossils from an eon of geological time that we know very little about...a time before oxygen, before plants as we know them...a time where the life was strange and basic and had only just reached multi celled status. In case you can't tell I'm super excited haha:classic_biggrin:

Oh and I'm away next week, teaching my field school, thats exciting too:classic_smile:

Wow! That must be fascinating...please feel free to share anything interesting you see (if you're allowed to of course)!