The Stuff Thread

Oh wow, just going through my old images and look what I found! Who remembers this!

I think bumfez and herby then made the Daniel Ricciardo Hate Club :P

Looking through my old pictures, I only have these:

(Last people online before the old old forums we're taken down)

ANDDDDD

(I have no idea why I have the 2nd one but @onetwothree you should be scared). 

ANDDDDD

Well you're geographically the closest person to me on these forums. I am terrified. Move away.

I also have this, an edit I did for the quoting system on the old forum

ANDDDDD

Well you're geographically the closest person to me on these forums. I am terrified. Move away.
Well, i'm coming to crash with you Fez. 

Going through some files I came across my old "Forum moderation and procedure guidelines for Moderators_1.7" PDF, as well as some F1 2010 WIP screenshots. And then there are a couple of txt files where I had templates for warnings and infractions typed up and ready to go ;)

SynGamer said:
Going through some files I came across my old "Forum moderation and procedure guidelines for Moderators_1.7" PDF, as well as some F1 2010 WIP screenshots. And then there are a couple of txt files where I had templates for warnings and infractions typed up and ready to go ;)
I must say I do like this not-so-subtle angling for a moderatorship.

@Satine, @Loore, @Hatta, @justbiglee: I endorse this candidate.

SynGamer said:

My apologies it it wasn't subtle. I won't hid the fact that I enjoyed my time as a moderator on the old forums and feel I'm a qualified member. That said, it totally wasn't my "angle" when i posted above. I had some items from 'back in the day" that I haven't viewed in awhile :)

But thank you for the endorsement ;)

EDIT: Here's an early screenshot of the previous forum. I actually quite like the new one we currently have. Old one felt...old?

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:

My apologies it it wasn't subtle. I won't hid the fact that I enjoyed my time as a moderator on the old forums and feel I'm a qualified member. That said, it totally wasn't my "angle" when i posted above. I had some items from 'back in the day" that I haven't viewed in awhile :)

I'm not quite sure but i think thats what the promote option is in our profiles, if people click promote you then are a candidate?

@Couger1981 - the promote option is something admins can do, we can promote your post straight to the best of section :)

Regarding mods: We'll be choosing mods over time, most likely on an ad-hoc basis as and when we find someone we have all agreed would be a good fit.

Loore said:
@Couger1981 - the promote option is something admins can do, we can promote your post straight to the best of section :)

Regarding mods: We'll be choosing mods over time, most likely on an ad-hoc basis as and when we find someone we have all agreed would be a good fit.
Does the promote option have anything to do with it? Never mind you edited your post  =P~

Loore said:

Does the promote option have anything to do with it? Never mind you edited your post  =P~
To clarify: nope, although you could argue that if you're constantly posting great stuff then that'll only go in your favour.

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:

EDIT: Here's an early screenshot of the previous forum. I actually quite like the new one we currently have. Old one felt...old?
Well you did such a great job on the old ones that they'd be silly to overlook you.

The previous forum I felt was a lot more organised. The Lithiums felt like everything was everywhere, and I guess these are just somewhere in between.

I will definitely say these are a step up from the lithium forum. The old forum just seemed scattered. Coupled with constant login issues (always getting logged out) it just felt like a chore.

I don't think there's many people who wouldn't agree that these forums are much better than Lithium. 

One of the big reasons as to why there's a 'beta' label on the logo at the top of every page is because we're always looking at ways to improve the forums. No matter how much QA we put them through it's an entirely different kettle of fish when it's out in the wild (just like games in that regard). 

Once we're confident that the forums are good from a functionality point of view (i.e. all the features you want) then we will no doubt start looking at other areas :)

Your feedback does genuinely help shape the future of things and if you haven't done so already please do let us know what you think in this thread.

Loore said:
One of the big reasons as to why there's a 'beta' label on the logo at the top of every page is because we're always looking at ways to improve the forums. No matter how much QA we put them through it's an entirely different kettle of fish when it's out in the wild (just like games in that regard). 

Once we're confident that the forums are good from a functionality point of view (i.e. all the features you want) then we will no doubt start looking at other areas :)

Your feedback does genuinely help shape the future of things and if you haven't done so already please do let us know what you think in this thread.
Really hope you enable paragraphs on phones, it sucks that it removes them. New paragraph. I'm still hungover from Saturday. I feel so old. Platy, I take back what I said: Don't drink.

mike96 said:
So, forum problems? Or just something the mods needed to fix?
It was a problem at the service providers end, should be fixed now