Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

I'll drink Cider, but the only beer that I've had and not gone "this is disgusting" is a mexican one called "Sol". Currently my go to drink is Bourbon (or any whiskey for that matter) with coke. I'll drink it on the rocks too. Vodka is a close second.

I'll drink Cider, but the only beer that I've had and not gone "this is disgusting" is a mexican one called "Sol". Currently my go to drink is Bourbon (or any whiskey for that matter) with coke. I'll drink it on the rocks too. Vodka is a close second.
That's your problem :p That's not a proper beer. I live in the cider capital of the world but hate the stuff, mainly due to getting drunk on the stuff so much in my teens and being sick lol.

Hughesy said:
I live in Australia, I think I know what a proper beer tastes like. ;) :tongue: 
You like a beer that's  cheap mass produced crap, You know nothing about what a good beer is ;)
I've actually had this conversation with Matt before, believe it or not, Aussie's don't actually like Fosters :p 

MBKF1 said:
I do like a nice beer, but I honestly would prefer something like a rum and Coke, something sweeter.

Talking of which, have any of you tried the Kraken Black Spice rum? It's utterly glorious.
Good man! Rum and coke is my go-to drink :)

No, I don't like Sol, I just personally think it tastes better than a lot of the more popular beers in Australia. Also, I'm a bartender and work with beers produced all over the world. I think I know a few things about beer. :)

Hughesy said:
I live in Australia, I think I know what a proper beer tastes like. ;) :tongue: 
You like a beer that's  cheap mass produced crap, You know nothing about what a good beer is ;)
I've actually had this conversation with Matt before, believe it or not, Aussie's don't actually like Fosters :p 

MBKF1 said:
I do like a nice beer, but I honestly would prefer something like a rum and Coke, something sweeter.

Talking of which, have any of you tried the Kraken Black Spice rum? It's utterly glorious.
Good man! Rum and coke is my go-to drink :)

My favourite beer is currently Fosters as it happens. I still haven't found the perfect one yet though, although I definitely know the ones I don't like :p 

Clubs it's gotta be JD coke, vodka coke, midoori lemonade and Jaegerbombs........and whatever shots appear ahaha

Mind some girl bought me an abc shot...... That was a wild night....
Yes, Jaegarbombs will always go down a treat too lol.

On New Years Eve someone brought along some Polish 95% vodka. All I can say is it nearly ripped my head off.

MBKF1 said:
Clubs it's gotta be JD coke, vodka coke, midoori lemonade and Jaegerbombs........and whatever shots appear ahaha

Mind some girl bought me an abc shot...... That was a wild night....
Yes, Jaegarbombs will always go down a treat too lol.

On New Years Eve someone brought along some Polish 95% vodka. All I can say is it nearly ripped my head off.
Me and my mate had 14 in one night.....that was a good night

At least LeBlanc knows a thing or two about cars, along with Sabine they will be good. Fuck Chris Evans though, can't stand the guy.

Speaking of cars... just dropped £330 on new tyres, brake pads and brake discs today. There goes most of my money. :'(

I like LeBlanc but honestly, they could get the best people possible (that aren't the trio) for the job but I still wouldn't go near it while Evans is on it.
More interested in the Robot Wars reboot, even though Craig won't be on it :(

Yeah I like robot warsso that will be good. Got the computer game of it in fact great fun

Hughesy said:
Oh joy, the other day my TV blew, and now I have water running down my wall, bloody high wind has damaged something...

your lu8ck by the sound of it that's bad
Yep and my car has a slow puncture lol. Brand new car and I've had more issues with it than I did with my really old Citroen Saxo. I thought ze Germans build reliable cars :joy: 

Hughesy said:
Mother of god :o Soon that ass is going to take over the whole world and generate its own gravity, it then sucks in the sun, she does a massive fart and Big Bang V2 happens......
Maybe that's how the universe began in the first place, and what comes next is the big squeeze. Where everything stops expanding and starts to rush back toward the centre... We're all gonna end up being squeezed to death between Kim Lardassian's butt cheeks.

Anyone want a laugh? Read this article, a bloke in his 50s thinks he's a 6 year old girl :joy: I'm done, I really am.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3356084/I-ve-gone-child-Husband-father-seven-52-leaves-wife-kids-live-transgender-SIX-YEAR-OLD-girl-named-Stefonknee.html

Do people who drive Audi's get to take a different test from everybody else? Do they get taught that when they come to an obstruction in the road, and there's oncoming traffic, that they have right of way and that the oncoming traffic will see those 4 special rings on the front of their car and decide that those rings are so dazzling that they should stop, because the oh so special Audi driver is coming through, and woe betide any person who makes him stop on his holy mission.

Prawn, you drive a Mini too? I had no idea!

My dad has an Audi but I can genuinely say he doesn't fit the stereotype, he's probably the best driver I know. However, other Audi's, completely agree, they're right up my back bumper.

MBKF1 said:
Prawn, you drive a Mini too? I had no idea!

My dad has an Audi but I can genuinely say he doesn't fit the stereotype, he's probably the best driver I know. However, other Audi's, completely agree, they're right up my back bumper.
I drive a Mini, but it isn't mine :p I don't have my own car at the moment, but my mum is pretty cool about letting me borrow her car. She works term times (school receptionist) so when there's a half term like there is now, the car is mine :) 

It's an awesome car though, really nice to drive and the whole dashboard iDrive system thing is ridiculously useful!

My dad drives an Audi too lol, and while he's mostly a decent driver, he does have a bit of a habit of cutting people up on roads with multiple lanes ;)

Ah nice, well I have to agree, it's such a nice car, just works lol :p  I haven't got the iDrive on mine but it looks awesome.

My great uncle is the worst driver I know, he drives a Jaguar and he literally leaves a couple of metres between him and the car in front on motorways. It is genuinely quite frightening, all it takes is a sudden slam of the brakes and he's in the back of him.

Something else I've noticed, particularly with elderly drivers, is that they seem to brake very late and quite hard. A lot of younger drivers gradually slow down and do it smoothly, but my grandparents all seem to brake late and hard. The reason for this, I think, is because brakes back in their day were far less powerful than they are today, so they think they can brake late and hard.

On the whole, I think a lot of people underestimate just how powerful brakes on modern cars are. If you slam them on, you can stop in metres, Official stopping distances seem massive in comparison to what they can actually do.

It's super useful dude :) Being able to plug in a USB stick with my entire music collection on it, sat nav built in, DAB radio, a touch pad for moving the map/finger typing post codes, bluetooth for phone calls/playing music from my phone. I'ts ridiculous lol. My favourite thing has to be cruise control though.

You ever felt that temptation to actually brake really hard for a moment and then drop a gear to speed away again when you are being followed too closely? :p I've never done it but I'd love to if I though whoever was behind me wouldn't then be even more of a douche lol.

Definitely noticed that! We call my grandma's braking kangaroo braking haha, she'll stomp, lift, stomp, lift, stomp, lift... and then stomp again to come to a halt lol. It's super annoying! Personally I tend to lift and coast for a little bit (bloody F1 lol) before braking gradually harder depending on my speed. I do remember doing the emergency stop when I was learning to drive though, so jarring how powerful the brakes really are but so much fun doing it lol.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was featured