Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Hughesy said:
Royal Fail. The only delivery service I trust these days is DPD, never been let down by them. Compared to say Parcelforce who'll happily leave a large package under a tiny bush on a rainy day. Idiots.
DPD let me down once, they sent my package to the wrong local depot somewhere in the South East, when it should've gone to the south west.....
I have had similar, I had my Nexus 7 set for Saturday delivery but because it went to the wrong depot I got it Monday instead. But they didn't let me down in a way because they refunded the extra I paid for the Saturday :)
Yea apart from that they've been awesome, always seem to have nice delivery drivers.  When I got my latest PC case, the bloke offered to take it to the room I wanted it in and took it out the box for me. :)

Hughesy said:
Yodel are anything but good.... I rate them worse than Royal Mail.
I kjnow my cousin and my uncle worked for RM don't know if they still do but I do remember my cousin delivering our post one time. I wouldn't say they were bad necessarily but you do get things getting lost in the post every now and then anyway regardless of who you deal with.

Hughesy said:
I kjnow my cousin and my uncle worked for RM don't know if they still do but I do remember my cousin delivering our post one time. I wouldn't say they were bad necessarily but you do get things getting lost in the post every now and then anyway regardless of who you deal with.
My dad worked for Royal Mail for 25 years ;) Considering how many letters they deliver daily, they do a damn good job. The problem now is the cuts they've had, my dad delivered to over twice as many houses compared to when he first started..

Hughesy said:
SASBlink said:
Hughesy said:
heh, i used work for yodel, after seeing what goes on behind the scenes i would not let my parcels go though them.
Yodel are truly truly awful. Only ever had 1 thing delivered by them and the driver threw the package over an 8 foot fence into the back garden. Didn't leave a note or anything, and I didn't find it until after I'd sent an e-mail saying it hadn't arrived 2 days after it was supposed to. So that package was sat in my back garden for 2-3 days without me knowing.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
My dad worked for Royal Mail for 25 years ;) Considering how many letters they deliver daily, they do a damn good job. The problem now is the cuts they've had, my dad delivered to over twice as many houses compared to when he first started..
well that's politics for you I think everyone has suffered in one form or another since the recession. Myself included

Guess your Yodel folk are crap then :P They've been fine for me 

Bit annoying the game i bought is gonna come the week i'm working 6 days :L

which game's that?

Just decided I'm not bothering with the F1 section anymore the people in there are just rude

Bought BF4, needed something that wasn't a sports game

Guess your Yodel folk are crap then :P They've been fine for me 

Bit annoying the game i bought is gonna come the week i'm working 6 days :L

which game's that?

Just decided I'm not bothering with the F1 section anymore the people in there are just rude

Bought BF4, needed something that wasn't a sports game

oh right good game though I've got it for PC. one of the first games I bought after I got my new one back in Feb. That's kind of why I'm buying the Halo MCC as well to give myself an alternative to my sports games as all my XB1 games I have thus far are sports related. I'm not great with shooters really but I thought I'd give Halo a go as it's always looked a good game and if I was to choose to play a shooter on console Halo would be it.

I definitely feel the F1 & Grid sections need a few mods in there it's getting a little crazy at times. TBH I'm not sure I want to go back in there until it gets some as some of the users are getting a bit rude now. I recognise that @Loore and @justbiglee  can only do so much but the F1 section I think in particular needs more attention than it's been getting.

SASBlink said:
yeah i actualy put a complaint in on one of the threads, if 123 got banned for it then the person im talking about should get banned for it.....

it been up for days now.
I think what also doesn't help is @Hatta only seems to appear when he's got something to say he doesn't seem to do much to keep that area in check at least in terms of Grid and Dirt they are both monitored relatively closely by their respective Community managers even if they don't have any mods

SASBlink said:
yeah i actualy put a complaint in on one of the threads, if 123 got banned for it then the person im talking about should get banned for it.....

it been up for days now.
123 got banned because of something in this thread, I'm not saying what as its not for me to say but it's not whoever you think it was that got him banned...

Hughesy said:
SASBlink said:
Well i did mention you in the comment lol.

Hay? What have I done wrong.... :( Or am I not getting what you're saying? Lol I'm confused. Where's all this happening?
Last I checked you hadn't done anything wrong to my knowledge
I haven't, it's just me being stupid and not understanding lol he didn't mean I'd done anything wrong ;)

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
SASBlink said:
Well i did mention you in the comment lol.

Hay? What have I done wrong.... :( Or am I not getting what you're saying? Lol I'm confused. Where's all this happening?
Last I checked you hadn't done anything wrong to my knowledge
I haven't, it's just me being stupid and not understanding lol he didn't mean I'd done anything wrong ;)
that's a relief then :)