Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

On the subject of delivery, DPD delivered my new phone a day before the website said it would arrive according to their delivery regs, so I'm very impressed with them so far.

I completely agree when you say the forum needs some more moderators. I'm sure Loore said when the forum opened back at the start of April (over 7 months ago) that they'd be on the look out for community moderators. Maybe no one is suitable :p

But if I could recommend one person to be a community mod then I'd suggest @Matthew77258 as he did such a great job at looking after VRL and he obviously knows how this, and other forums work.

SASBlink said:
im not saying that lol, i dont know who got him banned and dont particularly care, 

What im saying is, someone else is doing the exact same thing as him and is not getting banned for it, I dont want this to become a trend.  :) 
You need to let us know then man,  stick in a report or fire me a pm -  it's not a case of picking favourites, belive it on not I hate banning people, especially the regulars.

I do agree though the 3 of us can't police this whole place alone. Once we get the new skin on and out of beta we might be in a place to look at having community mods...  Maybe. 

SASBlink said:
im not saying that lol, i dont know who got him banned and dont particularly care, 

What im saying is, someone else is doing the exact same thing as him and is not getting banned for it, I dont want this to become a trend.  :) 
You need to let us know then man,  stick in a report or fire me a pm -  it's not a case of picking favourites, belive it on not I hate banning people, especially the regulars.

I do agree though the 3 of us can't police this whole place alone. Once we get the new skin on and out of beta we might be in a place to look at having community mods...  Maybe. 
How long do you expect that will be, roughly?

SASBlink said:

How long do you expect that will be, roughly?
Yeah I agree but I think the F1 section in particular is getting a little out of control the rest is just about hanging on thanks to you and @Loore but the F1 section  is definitely somewhat disorganized so it does need to happen soon as no one seems to be moderating it and it feels a bit like a free for all in there sometimes. Which is kind of why I'm thinking like @Hughesy and others of staying away from it.

SASBlink said:

I believe that I did report it, :) And I'm not suggesting you have favourites just i think its unfair to guy in question who's having all his details posted everywhere, cheater or not, its not right and should not be happing, the thread been there for a day or two now, so i agree that you need community Mods to help. :)

I vote no for me being a Mod.... I would happily ban everyone and abuse my power! :stuck_out_tongue: 

SASBlink said:
SASBlink said:

I believe that I did report it, :) And I'm not suggesting you have favourites just i think its unfair to guy in question who's having all his details posted everywhere, cheater or not, its not right and should not be happing, the thread been there for a day or two now, so i agree that you need community Mods to help. :)

I vote no for me being a Mod.... I would happily ban everyone and abuse my power! :stuck_out_tongue: 
I know in some situations it can be tricky to know how to handle it I probably would end up abusing it too. :p  But it does need to happen soon as there are more members who are aware of this forum's return now and it is getting somewhat chaotic in places. it started out Ok when this forum came back as it was us regulars who managed to somehow find it first for the most part. But certainly since Autosport and F1 2014 have been released it's turned somewhat chaotic

SASBlink said:
I know in some situations it can be tricky to know how to handle it I probably would end up abusing it too. :p
I think you would handle it pretty well, got a good temperament for it. As for me, well, no I have not got that.....

What i would do is..... "dont like you, banned!".... "you're annoying, Banned!"..... "Noob, BANNED!"...."I like you, you're cool, BANNED!". :D

My vote goes to @PeteTheDuck and @Hughesy if we were to get community moderators. Also , it does seem like you've almost given up on the F1 section. There are some ridiculous posts in there (although I haven't been in there in a while ). Although in saying that , some of these guys just create account after account after being banned. It's actually sad to be honest. These guys are really going to spend their lives spamming and trolling ? I just don't understand it.

My vote goes to @PeteTheDuck and @Hughesy if we were to get community moderators. Also , it does seem like you've almost given up on the F1 section. There are some ridiculous posts in there (although I haven't been in there in a while ). Although in saying that , some of these guys just create account after account after being banned. It's actually sad to be honest. These guys are really going to spend their lives spamming and trolling ? I just don't understand it.
yeah it's just got ridiculous lately in there and very disorganised and it's not really being policed very well either as @Hatta doesn't seem to check in all that often and funnily enough that is supposed to be part of his job I think. I just don't think it's going to sort itself out until either @Hatta gets a firm grip on the situation like Lee and Loore do in their sections or alternatively some mods get in there and do something about it. TBH I'm not sure where I would start but it certainly needs sorting and soon. Because it's putting me off wanting to post in there and contribute to the discussions going on in there and I know I'm not the only one.

I think @Hughesy did it once before though so he's got experience I haven't as I think he was a mod on the old forums. I'd vote for @Hughesy I think.
Na I wasn't a mod, although I can keep calm and professional when needed, one of my jobs involved dealing with mostly angry and rude customers. Sometimes on here ive lost my cool even though it's not normally in my nature. The last time was when I had to cut my hours at work as I could no longer do it full time, so I was angry at myself and took it out on some people here a few months back :#

I have been a mod before, but not for Codemasters. ;) Thanks for the vote of confidence though :)

Hughesy said:
I think @Hughesy did it once before though so he's got experience I haven't as I think he was a mod on the old forums. I'd vote for @Hughesy I think.
Na I wasn't a mod, although I can keep calm and professional when needed, one of my jobs involved dealing with mostly angry and rude customers. Sometimes on here ive lost my cool even though it's not normally in my nature. The last time was when I had to cut my hours at work as I could no longer do it full time, so I was angry at myself and took it out on some people here a few months back :#

I have been a mod before, but not for Codemasters. ;)
I'd vote for you though either way.

mike96 said:
I'd go for @PeteTheDuck‌ or @RevolvingPrawn‌ 

Was @Hughesy‌  really a mod in the old forums? I don't think so..

Thanks :p But even if I was asked to be a mod I'd have to say no I think. There's members here way better suited for that role than me, plus I really wouldn't wanna have to put up with abuse a moderator gets ;)

mike96 said:
I'd go for @PeteTheDuck‌ or @RevolvingPrawn‌ 

Was @Hughesy‌  really a mod in the old forums? I don't think so..

Thanks :p But even if I was asked to be a mod I'd have to say no I think. There's members here way better suited for that role than me, plus I really wouldn't wanna have to put up with abuse a moderator gets ;)
I'd like to do it, so much spare time now. I need something to focus on lol