Jump to content Jump to content

I have so much respect for all the community managers. Having run a forum myself I know it's no easy task, even with seven others to help me, so running a massive forum like this must be crazy. So many posts to read, people to look after, etc, plus all their other jobs.

I saw Lee's post in the DiRT forum of a typical week and my god there's a lot going on. I think the forum is something they do as an extra to be honest. They also basically voice our thoughts on game development, I know Loore did a stunning job at this after GRID 2, so GRID Autosport was basically what the community wanted.

I agree they need some help from community mods as there's so much here, but saying stuff like that about Luke that he 'doesn't check in' is not deserved at all.
I have so much respect for all the community managers. Having run a forum myself I know it's no easy task, even with seven others to help me, so running a massive forum like this must be crazy. So many posts to read, people to look after, etc, plus all their other jobs.

I saw Lee's post in the DiRT forum of a typical week and my god there's a lot going on. I think the forum is something they do as an extra to be honest. They also basically voice our thoughts on game development, I know Loore did a stunning job at this after GRID 2, so GRID Autosport was basically what the community wanted.

I agree they need some help from community mods as there's so much here, but saying stuff like that about Luke that he 'doesn't check in' is not deserved at all.
I do agree with you for the most part because I agree that @Loore and the entire G|rid team have done an amazing job with Autosport and the community managers do an amazing job but the F1 forum on here is a total mess right now and it's only become that way I think because it's not been as closely monitored as it should be. I can probably count on 1 hand how many times Luke has made an appearance since really they announced 2014. I do appreciate he does have other jobs as well they all do. But the F1 section needs better moderation than it's been getting.

If thats a response to my joke about banning him then you make good points but still, it was a light hearted joke.

I certainly would not like to to have the responsibility of maintaining that forum area but the fact still remains, he is not there doing it and I understand why hes not there maintaining it, that's why I can have a little joke about it :)  I would prefer to do my more important work than to read though all the crap in that forum and sorting out the good from the bad, there is just overwhelming amounts of it. With the workload that the mods have I certainly don't expect them to be here 24/7. :)
Tony Abbott has opened his trap wide enough that Russia decides to deploy 'heavily armed' warships to our waters. Thanks a bunch Tony!

http://www.news.com.au/national/russian-warships-heading-to-australia/story-fncynjr2-1227120928528
Russia is like that annoying guy who has a Ferrari and tries to show off in it, sooner or later they will crash it and we will all laugh. 
Heh, I was just reading up on Apple, Found out that apple used to make their computers from Atari equipment. They went to Atari and said "look we use your equipment for everything, so how about this offer, we can build these computers and let you sell them for your own profit and all we want is to get paid by you for doing it, we want to be your employees".  Atari said..... no..... LOL 

One of the biggest mistakes in business ever by Atari! :grinning:  
fIsince08 said:
Farage just lost a lot of votes.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-caught-camera-admitting-4617184
He's such a prick! When I asked people why they like him they said "Well he likes to go for a drink down the pub" lol so many people in this country are insane, yes we should let a pisshead run the country... :o
Tony Abbott has opened his trap wide enough that Russia decides to deploy 'heavily armed' warships to our waters. Thanks a bunch Tony!

http://www.news.com.au/national/russian-warships-heading-to-australia/story-fncynjr2-1227120928528
This is actually something that isn't the fault of Abbott (well, it's really no one's fault since it's really not a problem). What Russia are tying to do is simply show off it's muscles because of the G20 and the whole MH17 situation,. Not only that but HMAS Parramatta and Stuart have gone to meet the ships, and they're not in Australian waters anyway.  The media are just hyping it up like all media outlets do.

However, I found this FB comment about it and I had to laugh.
" I wouldn't mess with a country that had to have a war with it's animal population".
Went to work, climb the stairs (can't use lifts due to claustrophobia even though I struggle with stairs) anyway got to the top, and on the final step fell all the way back down. My boss came down to see me, he wanted to ring an ambulance but I said no. Only had a massive bruise on my hip, he told me to go home and rest. What a productive day.... :( I have a very understanding boss, his brother also has MS and isn't able to work at all. Now the painkillers have kicked in, I may as well do something productive like playing Halo. Luckily I can do some of my work from home, so all is not lost even though I was told not to.
Hughesy said:

No it was a Netgear one as had BT home hub before and it was crap. Just bought an Asus dual-band n600 as it seems to have good performance. Just got to go home and set it up now.

Having no internet for hours made me realise how much I rely on it....

Too true. Internet and technology.

I occasionally have multiple hours long power cuts, and it's like ah no problem, I'll just go on my laptop... No internet and battery runs out. Oh no problem, I'll just go on my tablet... No internet and battery runs out. Oh no problem I'll just turn on a lamp and read on my nook. No lamp. Battery lasts forever.

Ok I'll just make some food... Cooker is electric. 

Haha,
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic