Jump to content Jump to content

Hughesy said:
Turns out I actually fractured my ankle when falling yesterday  :# It didn't even hurt until today, it's also my good leg that I put most of my weight on. I'm ok pressing my accelerator in my car, but pressing the brake is pretty painful. 
Ouch hope you get better soon
Thanks bud, it's not the first time I've messed my ankle up. I was a bit of a dare devil when I was younger and did many extreme sports. I front flipped off a barn roof but landed funny, and tore my ligaments. That was way worse than a broken ankle :#

Just realised my tablet change ankle to angle in my original post lol.
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Turns out I actually fractured my ankle when falling yesterday  :# It didn't even hurt until today, it's also my good leg that I put most of my weight on. I'm ok pressing my accelerator in my car, but pressing the brake is pretty painful. 
Thanks bud, it's not the first time I've messed my ankle up. I was a bit of a dare devil when I was younger and did many extreme sports. I front flipped off a barn roof but landed funny, and tore my ligaments. That was way worse than a broken ankle :#

well I have broken my leg once so I know these things can be painful but that was back when I was little having dinner with my Grandparents
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

well I have broken my leg once so I know these things can be painful but that was back when I was little having dinner with my Grandparents
How did you manage to break your leg eating dinner ?
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

my brother pulled me off the chair I was sitting on and I think I just fell awkwardly. I don't remember the incident well now as those sorts of things I tend to block from my mind as they're not pleasant to remember. I don't think he meant any harm but back then he was the troublemaker of us 2. He still has his moments but he's better than he was back then but then he has a child of his own to worry about now.
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

my brother pulled me off the chair I was sitting on and I think I just fell awkwardly. I don't remember the incident well now as those sorts of things I tend to block from my mind as they're not pleasant to remember. I don't think he meant any harm but back then he was the troublemaker of us 2. He still has his moments but he's better than he was back then but then he has a child of his own to worry about now.
Ah , my brother was , and still is , a bit of troublemaker as well bud , so I know the feeling. 
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

I actually broke my nose from falling off a chair after eating dinner when I was 9?. It had arm rests and there wasn't space to push the chair out, so I climbed off, caught my foot on the arm and smacked my nose on the floor. Nasty...
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

I actually broke my nose from falling off a chair after eating dinner when I was 9?. It had arm rests and there wasn't space to push the chair out, so I climbed off, caught my foot on the arm and smacked my nose on the floor. Nasty...
Indeed I think with my disability too I'm always going to be more vulnerable to such things. It's never going to help falling off a chair I did bang my elbow when I tipped up once in my wheelchair they may call it the funny bone but then it certainly didn't feel funny as I was in pain for the better part of a week, but that was at school. Luckily I didn't damage anything but again like my leg that was on my bad side which was probably why I felt it more. Fortunately I  don't charge around willy nilly these days as I'm much more careful. The most action I see these days is tapping keys on a keyboard and playing video games.
Inappropriate moment of the day: Some guy came in and asked if I could help him move the photos from his camera to his laptop, which is something I'm here to help with. So I walked him through doing it, and I didn't really pay any attention to any of the thumbnails.
He's then happy he has them over and decides the best way to view them is on slideshow, at which point I realise half the pictures are of his topless wife. He was quite proud and showing them off.

I'm glad he didn't ask me what/I thought, his wife was the furthest thing from hot that you could imagine. Whales could be considered sexy in comparison.
"One guys trash is another guys treasure" or so they say, 

My mate once uploaded a photo of his nude GF on a giant LCD screen in a nightclub..... it was accidental of course, not sure what he was trying to put on the screen but he was very drunk while doing it...Lucky she decided  to have a girls night in.... my first reaction was "shes not bad, heh.....wait.....is that?.....oh..... hahahahaha"

Metres.

I passed on Friday btw and that came up!
I got angry when I did mine. I failed the question part by one point, but passed the hazard perception part. Next time it was the other way around, which is why I got angry. I'd never ever failed that part before when practising, even passed when I was drunk. Anyway 3rd time I got a perfect score, and passed my driving test first time with no errors B)
Hughesy said:
Metres.

I passed on Friday btw and that came up!
I got angry when I did mine. I failed the question part by one point, but passed the hazard perception part. Next time it was the other way around, which is why I got angry. I'd never ever failed that part before when practising, even passed when I was drunk. Anyway 3rd time I got a perfect score, and passed my driving test first time with no errors B)
Guess what, exact same thing happened with me on my first try, failed the multiple choice by 1 mark but passed the hazard perception! But I pass both next time round haha :P I was in the same place as you though because the last 10 practices before I took it I passed, and all my practices since I failed the real thing, I passed! So the last one I failed was my actual first test! 

Just hoping to repeat your success in the practical! Actually that reminds me, I'm gonna book it up now!
Hello again. I'd just like to say sorry to @RevolvingPrawn again and just let you all know that I'm not going to be any kinds of funny, insulting, will not partake in banter or give any of my opinions anymore because permaban.

Also. I noticed that this place was very inactive while I was gone. Now I know correlation does not imply causation but yeah...

Platy said:
When all the interesting people get banned it does make it feel inactive.

Shouldn't be silly enough to get banned then, it wasn't very cool what he was doing towards Dave....
If there weren't interesting or nice people here I wouldn't bother coming here and posting  ;)
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic