Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Only just noticed there's a night mode option for Twitter which changes the theme to dark blue. I'm going to keep it in night mode forever. I find it easier to read white writing on dark backgrounds rather than black writing on white backgrounds. I wish this forum had that option. 

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
I thought the UK was doomed after brexit?  Manufacturing is at a record high, strange isn't it... 
And the pound is at a record low...
Uhhhh, it was 1.05 in 1985, 1.32 today... Doesn't look like a record low to me.
The only record low here is the amount of people signed up to my F1 manager picnic. Get to it boy!

The market's have also reacted to the fact that Article 50 won't be triggered until 2017 at the earliest, and there's still no guarantee on that. As it currently stands nothing has changed since before the referendum vote. It's a completely different situation to when/if Article 50 is triggered and the UK is in the process of leaving the EU, best to wait until that happens before judging the situation.

Platy said:
Question, probably a stupid one, for anyone who might know... If I have a monitor with an HDMI and DVI slot on it, can I switch between them?

E.g have my PS4 on the HDMI and PC on the DVI.
If you can switch input with buttons on your monitor then yea, that'll work no problems. I used to do exactly that with my 360 and my PC.

Yea we've done 9 or 10 races on the 2 nights we've raced and not had that happen to us yet. Granted though we weren't racing with a full grid of players. Stick with it though @wooly51 and hopefully it'll improve, the racing on 2016 can be supreme so fingers crossed your league doesn't have this happen again.

Random little tip that I'm guessing you might have tried already, but did the same person host each time you tried? In the league I used to race with if we had problems we'd just ask one of the other drivers to host and generally by either the 2nd or 3rd time it would stabilise and we'd race.

Hughesy said:
Just read it, is that on PS4? That Sucks though, especially when league racing.  @RevolvingPrawn and I have done many online races on PC and not encountered that. 
It is on Ps4 yeah. The format they seem to have the most issue with. 

It was more annoying than anything because quali worked so well and set it up really nicely.

Yea we've done 9 or 10 races on the 2 nights we've raced and not had that happen to us yet. Granted though we weren't racing with a full grid of players. Stick with it though @wooly51 and hopefully it'll improve, the racing on 2016 can be supreme so fingers crossed your league doesn't have this happen again.

Random little tip that I'm guessing you might have tried already, but did the same person host each time you tried? In the league I used to race with if we had problems we'd just ask one of the other drivers to host and generally by either the 2nd or 3rd time it would stabilise and we'd race.
Seems to work okay with a few people. I don't know if its a case of their servers cant cope with more people but whatever it is its so frustrating.

Hughesy said:
Just read it, is that on PS4? That Sucks though, especially when league racing.  @RevolvingPrawn and I have done many online races on PC and not encountered that. 

yeah I think that's a problem CM have always had with their games I don' t touch MP but I have seen a lot of complaints over the years on these  forums and the old ones as well about their attempts at multiplayer. Makes me kind of glad I stick to single player because at least that area of their games tend to work well.

Updated my iPhone 5c to iOS 10 earlier, and I'm actually really impressed so far. Not massive changes but everything just works a bit nicer now and it seems more intuitive. Widgets are cool, it runs as fast as iOS 9 did (and my 5c is becoming an old device now so I was expecting it to be slower), and being able to delete the pre-installed apps is a dream!

Hughesy said:
Holy crap just met someone I went to school with. To put context to this, he was the shortest guy in our year, he is now nearly 7ft tall :flushed: . How things change, I was one of the bigger guys, but I stopped growing in year 10 :joy:

Same here, saw a mate from school from about 3 years ago. Not much chat, just boked in front of me because he was blitz'd.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was featured