Jump to content Jump to content

Someone wake me up when it's the middle of December please. Saying that I'm too excited to sleep, really want my new car! I could've got a new Golf tomorrow as they had one instock, but it was a horrible light blue colour like the post comment button colour. I said to myself I want red, but if I could get a Black Golf quicker then I'll get that. Can't wait to drive with the DSG gearbox as its awesome, it's so quick at shifting that you can't really feel it change gear.

Hopefully I'll get to go on a nice road trip with @RevolvingPrawn‌ in it to watch F1 next year :) Hope everything falls into place as I really want to go watch F1  o:) Once I've bought my new GPU I'll be saving up for the trip, so that I have plenty of money incase we do go.
Wow, this happened only a mile and a bit away from where I live! http://home.bt.com/category/videos-01366208534376?videoid=3914097371001&videotitle=CCTV%3A%20Jail%20for%20~!dog%20sat%20on%20my%20accelerator~!%20motorist&videoimage=2045965034001%2F201411%2F3738%2F2045965034001_3914110961001_Iend1417186758371I-51400-1-648x365.jpg

That right hander he goes round has seen loads of big accidents due to dangerous driving.
Quiet on here today
Yep, has been for a few days. I'm kinda in a trance waiting for December 18th, just want my new car. It was at a port in Germany when I ordered it, so who knows I could get it early o:) It's pretty much the only thing on my mind, so sorry if I keep going on about it.... ;)
Hughesy said:
Herby007 said:
Platy said:
Raised £120 for Movember this year, extremely pleased with that.
I'm stuck at £119 ha. Hoping for a few last minute donations.
Give me the details and I'll add some.

@RevolvingPrawn Car ordered. Went for a black Golf, as I can get it before Christmas. Didn't go for heated seats in the end as that meant extra waiting, I'll put the money I saved towards a new GPU B) Should be able to pick it up 18th of December and then I'll post pics. :D Total cost £23,290
Pricey :p Awesome though bud! That'll make a pretty tasty Xmas present for yourself lol, did you save any money to buy your family Xmas presents? ;)

As for the GPU, have you seen the leaked benchmarks for AMD's R9 390X? They're saying it has 15% more performance than a GTX 980, but the benchmarks are only showing a 9-12 fps advantage. Plus it'll probably be way more expensive than a 980 so I'm still happy :)
Hughesy said:
Herby007 said:
Platy said:

@RevolvingPrawn Car ordered. Went for a black Golf, as I can get it before Christmas. Didn't go for heated seats in the end as that meant extra waiting, I'll put the money I saved towards a new GPU B) Should be able to pick it up 18th of December and then I'll post pics. :D Total cost £23,290
Pricey :p Awesome though bud! That'll make a pretty tasty Xmas present for yourself lol, did you save any money to buy your family Xmas presents? ;)

As for the GPU, have you seen the leaked benchmarks for AMD's R9 390X? They're saying it has 15% more performance than a GTX 980, but the benchmarks are only showing a 9-12 fps advantage. Plus it'll probably be way more expensive than a 980 so I'm still happy :)
Yea Id already got Christmas presents, plus my mums birthday is Christmas eve, I hate Christmas. (Yes I'm the grinch) Yea I seen those benchmarks, AMD cards are normally cheaper though, and there's rumours it's the 380x. If that's true that would be awesome! The 980 isn't much faster than what I have, I might actually wait until the next Nvidia cards.
All that's on my mind is my new car, it does look awesome in Black but would've preferred it in red. Can't wait to go for a drive in it, and post some pics on here <3
Hughesy said:
Quiet on here today
Yep, has been for a few days. I'm kinda in a trance waiting for December 18th, just want my new car. It was at a port in Germany when I ordered it, so who knows I could get it early o:) It's pretty much the only thing on my mind, so sorry if I keep going on about it.... ;)
I wouldn't worry about it as the only thing I've been thinking about lately is Halo
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Herby007 said:
Platy said:

Yea Id already got Christmas presents, plus my mums birthday is Christmas eve, I hate Christmas. (Yes I'm the grinch) Yea I seen those benchmarks, AMD cards are normally cheaper though, and there's rumours it's the 380x. If that's true that would be awesome! The 980 isn't much faster than what I have, I might actually wait until the next Nvidia cards.
All that's on my mind is my new car, it does look awesome in Black but would've preferred it in red. Can't wait to go for a drive in it, and post some pics on here <3
Lol, one of my ex's birthday was actually on Christmas day, it was expensive! You're green and furry? Rather like a Christmas tree :p It's a good time of year, the weather sucks and everybody is inside with the heating on giving each other gifts and eating loads of chocolate and unhealthy food :) 

They normally are, especially the lower end cards, but recently I've seen some ridiculous prices on the high end AMD cards. They have come down with the release of the 970 and 980, but jesus lol, they had that card (R9 295X2) with the built in watercooling and were selling it for like £699, but it's dropped more than £200 since the 980 release. And true, it isn't much faster than the 780, meaning we both have badass GPU's ;) If you are gonna wait, rumour I've read is that the 16nm Nvidia cards will be dropping either late Q2 2015, or early Q3.

Not a fan of red cars (at least since Vettel started driving one lol) so black to me is the way better colour. For me it's either silver, blue, or black when it comes to cars.
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Herby007 said:
Platy said:

Lol, one of my ex's birthday was actually on Christmas day, it was expensive! You're green and furry? Rather like a Christmas tree :p It's a good time of year, the weather sucks and everybody is inside with the heating on giving each other gifts and eating loads of chocolate and unhealthy food :) 

They normally are, especially the lower end cards, but recently I've seen some ridiculous prices on the high end AMD cards. They have come down with the release of the 970 and 980, but jesus lol, they had that card (R9 295X2) with the built in watercooling and were selling it for like £699, but it's dropped more than £200 since the 980 release. And true, it isn't much faster than the 780, meaning we both have badass GPU's ;) If you are gonna wait, rumour I've read is that the 16nm Nvidia cards will be dropping either late Q2 2015, or early Q3.

Not a fan of red cars (at least since Vettel started driving one lol) so black to me is the way better colour. For me it's either silver, blue, or black when it comes to cars.
The 295x was a dual GPU bud, ie like running two graphics cards but just on one PCB that's why it costed so much  ;) I don't really like silver cars even though my current Golf is silver...
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic