Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

I haven't been on TV myself (thankfully). But when I was 20ish and living in a shared house, I was in the kitchen making my dinner whilst my housemates were sat watching TV and having a cuppa, next thing I knbow I could hear my brothers voice, which was weird because he lives 200 miles away from me. Looked at the TV and he was being interviewed by BBC News as to why he was thinking about joining the army :) They'd been at his local recruitment office when he went in to find out more about joining, and they asked him if he'd like to be interviewed for the news lol. 

Hughesy said:
Well last night was the final of the Choir of the Year competition and while we gave the performance our all, unfortunately it wasn't quite enough to win! I think we may have been 2nd though, but I couldn't quite hear Gareth Malone who was presenting over the applause. But still, an amazing achievement to get to the final and we're still the best youth choir in the country! Also, to appear on national TV is incredible!

Well done, just to perform on TV is amazing! Got a reminder set on my Sky box to watch it. It won't be my sort of music, but I have to show a fellow forum member support ;) When did you perform? Ie how many groups performed before you?
Thanks! It was odd though, I didn't really notice the cameras during the performance, I guess I was so focused on what I was doing! When we arrived they got shots of us walking into the building, came in our rehearsal room, filmed backstage and during the rehearsal on stage I looked around and was like 'omg, there's like 5 or 6 cameras in here!' Amazing experience.

I was in the group called Singers Limited and we performed 5th out of the 6 choirs there, and the choir that went after us won! We've got a completely different style to the other groups and I'm sure we're by far the most entertaining group!

I haven't been on TV myself (thankfully). But when I was 20ish and living in a shared house, I was in the kitchen making my dinner whilst my housemates were sat watching TV and having a cuppa, next thing I knbow I could hear my brothers voice, which was weird because he lives 200 miles away from me. Looked at the TV and he was being interviewed by BBC News as to why he was thinking about joining the army :) They'd been at his local recruitment office when he went in to find out more about joining, and they asked him if he'd like to be interviewed for the news lol. 
I was on ITV West news ones. They interviewed me after watching a Yeovil game, they picked the wrong person though as I'd had a few to drink and it was live...lol 

On a separate subject, I just got back from Pizza Hut and my pizza was stone cold! It was only a 5 min drive home. I think they cooked it right away when I ordered it for pickup for 5:30, and that was 3PM. Not going to get a pizza from them again :|

Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
I sang for Children in Need once when Gareth Malone did the "Keep holding on" song. They never showed my choir during the live song :(
Bet that was a kick in the balls, I know I'd be mad if that happened to me :#
We weren't very happy, but they did do replays later and I was on there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6AN1yzBd4Q

The worst part is that five seconds in my choir is on the bottom screen in the gap between the on stage choir. :#

Worst day of my life, something every son would dread. My mum rang at 4am as she'd fallen, but when I got there she was on the floor and not making any sense at all. I had to call an ambulance as I somehow got here up even though I'm disabled (it's amazing what you can do in an emergency)  :( Anyway turns out it's a really really bad chest infection that made her temp skyrocket, and her kidneys weren't functioning properly. Now on a drip and other things, and seems much better than she was but still not great. She'll be in hospital all week it looks like.

Thanks guys :) I thought she'd had a stroke as she was slurring and not making sense. I'm glad it's a chest infection although it's a serious one as she should recover fully. I'm not even sure how I picked her up off the floor as I can barley walk as it is with crutches. But I somehow managed to do it ( she's around 13 stone) although has lost a lot of weight as she was 16 stone at one point.  I'm at home now resting and having something to eat, then going back at around 6. When something like this happens, it puts the things I moan about into perspective.

Hughesy said:
Worst day of my life, something every son would dread. My mum rang at 4am as she'd fallen, but when I got there she was on the floor and not making any sense at all. I had to call an ambulance as I somehow got here up even though I'm disabled (it's amazing what you can do in an emergency)  :( Anyway turns out it's a really really bad chest infection that made her temp skyrocket, and her kidneys weren't functioning properly. Now on a drip and other things, and seems much better than she was but still not great. She'll be in hospital all week it looks like.
Hope she get's better soon. I've had chest infections before messed up my whole Christmas not pleasant at all. I know I'd dread it too as I rely pretty heavily on mine as she doubles up as my carer so I rely on her for everything. My brother can fill in when needed but I do pretty much have to rely on her.

Hughesy said:
Hope she get's better soon. I've had chest infections before messed up my whole Christmas not pleasant at all. I know I'd dread it too as I rely pretty heavily on mine as she doubles up as my carer so I rely on her for everything. My brother can fill in when needed but I do pretty much have to rely on her.
Yea same, although I don't live with her she has to help me a lot. She looked a lot brighter after getting pumped with antibiotics and fluid. At 4am she seemed like a different person, and at that point I was freaking out inside. Before I left the hospital for a bit she seemed a lot better, but still in a bad way. She cheered up a bit when my brother brought his baby to see her. I have to have my dad staying with me now though, as he has early onset alzheimer's so  can't really be on his own incase he does something silly. 

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Yea same, although I don't live with her she has to help me a lot. She looked a lot brighter after getting pumped with antibiotics and fluid. At 4am she seemed like a different person, and at that point I was freaking out inside. Before I left the hospital for a bit she seemed a lot better, but still in a bad way. She cheered up a bit when my brother brought his baby to see her. I have to have my dad staying with me now though, as he has early onset alzheimer's so  can't really be on his own incase he does something silly. 
Yeah I mainly live with mine mostly because my disability leaves me wheelchair bound making things hard to do without help even if I do know how to do them. Fortunately my bedroom and Bathroom aer built around my disability anyway as my dad saw to that as he was one of the people who worked on them when they were built which does simplify things. But it can still be challenging. There's just me and mum in the house most of the time although my nephew stays here a couple of nights a week but he sleeps in my brothers old room when he's here.

Hughesy said:
That's horrible. Sounds really frightening. I hope she gets well soon mate.

Thanks for the support everyone :) I just got back from the hospital and she's finally on a proper ward. She seems a lot better compared to this morning, she even rang me while I was at home resting for a bit. I'm not sure how long she'll be in for, but I'm hopeful she's over the worst of it. Going to try and play TLOU in a bit, to take my mind off worrying.

@Hughesy Sounds like an extremely worrying day dude, glad that your mum is getting better though. Also glad it wasn't a stroke dude, I've witnessed someone having one and it was one of the worst things I've ever seen, so knowing it wasn't that is good.
Cheers dude, that fact she was slurring and completely and utterly confused made me think the worst. Never knew a chest infection could be so bad though. I think it had something to do with being diabetic, as it made here blood sugar go high I think which can cause people to not be able to speak properly. Just hoping for a better day tomorrow, don't think my body can take anymore stress.

When I got a phone call from her in the hospital it really calmed me down, as I knew she must've been feeling a bit better. My brother is a cool, calm and collected person, whereas I worry about stuff a lot more. Things are looking brighter now though, so hopefully I can get some sleep.

Hughesy said:
Just burnt my hand quite fucking badly. Was cooking a baked potato and had a metal prong thing through it. I went to move it without using oven gloves. I'm having a bad few days lol. Feel like a right bellend.... :#

oopsie daisy
Silly thing was that I held onto it for a few seconds (the oven was at 200c and had been in for 30mins so the metal prong was very hot)  before I realised what I'd done, then the pain came :# Thankfully it's not so bad now, but I can't play games as it burnt my left thumb.... :( It shows how much my mum being ill has affected me, plus the stress of having to look after my dad as he can be frustrating at times (it's not really his fault, it's because of his illness/medical problem) 

Remember I said I hate Christmas, bad stuff always seem to happen around this time to me or my family, as it was about this time of year I was diagnosed with MS. Lol merry Christmas all..... :#

Think I'll watch Russell Howard's Good News in a bit, that'll cheer me up. :)