Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Just burnt my hand quite fucking badly. Was cooking a baked potato and had a metal prong thing through it. I went to move it without using oven gloves. I'm having a bad few days lol. Feel like a right bellend.... :#

oopsie daisy
Silly thing was that I held onto it for a few seconds (the oven was at 200c and had been in for 30mins so the metal prong was very hot)  before I realised what I'd done, then the pain came :# Thankfully it's not so bad now, but I can't play games as it burnt my left thumb.... :( It shows how much my mum being ill has affected me, plus the stress of having to look after my dad as he can be frustrating at times (it's not really his fault, it's because of his illness/medical problem) 

Remember I said I hate Christmas, bad stuff always seem to happen around this time to me or my family, as it was about this time of year I was diagnosed with MS. Lol merry Christmas all..... :#
We've all done it at some point, though that doesn't relieve how stingy the pain from it is! You can still game though :p Wrap two plasters over your thumb with the cushiony part of each plaster on top of one another and you're good to go. Learnt from experience ;)

Cheers bud, I'll try that o:) Im a wimp when it comes to burns though  :p
@RevolvingPrawn Forgot to say, I got rid of my neck beard. Still have the rest, going for something similar to Alonso. I don't have the tash linked to the beard at the moment though, as I was shaving that part. Think it looks a lot nicer now ;)

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Just burnt my hand quite fucking badly. Was cooking a baked potato and had a metal prong thing through it. I went to move it without using oven gloves. I'm having a bad few days lol. Feel like a right bellend.... :#

oopsie daisy
Silly thing was that I held onto it for a few seconds (the oven was at 200c and had been in for 30mins so the metal prong was very hot)  before I realised what I'd done, then the pain came :# Thankfully it's not so bad now, but I can't play games as it burnt my left thumb.... :( It shows how much my mum being ill has affected me, plus the stress of having to look after my dad as he can be frustrating at times (it's not really his fault, it's because of his illness/medical problem) 

Remember I said I hate Christmas, bad stuff always seem to happen around this time to me or my family, as it was about this time of year I was diagnosed with MS. Lol merry Christmas all..... :#
We've all done it at some point, though that doesn't relieve how stingy the pain from it is! You can still game though :p Wrap two plasters over your thumb with the cushiony part of each plaster on top of one another and you're good to go. Learnt from experience ;)
That we have I remember being badly sunburnt once when out camping when I was a Scout that was bad.

fIsince08 said:
So, I've just got round to watching @PeteTheDuck on iPlayer and I have to say, well done! I've never tried accapella for an entire song before, it's really difficult!
Thanks! Yeah it is hard, and something that was quite nerve-racking was that for the two pieces after the first one, I had to hum the key note of the next songs whilst people were applauding, because we don't use any tuning forks or piano's or little instruments. Fortunately all three started right but unfortunately we all got progressively sharp once they all started! Anyway, I did this because I'm extremely fortunate to have a form of perfect pitch where I can recreate a song in the correct key, and no one else in the group can do this, so I'm very privileged. I may not necessarily know exactly what key it is (e.g. D major, Bb minor), but I know what pitch it is sung at. For busking in particular, this is really useful!

It also helps with general tuning, so I can also easily recognise when we go sharp or flat, and as I said unfortunately in all three we went sharp. It was extremely annoying though as I noticed it clearly and the others didn't!

mike96 said:
It's not there for me anymore either.
So it's not just me... @justbiglee‌  can you look at that?

Where are you guys looking? On my profile page, when I hover over my avatar a little drop down appears from the top saying "Change Picture". And when I click the little cog in the notification bar at the top, then Preferences, there's a link on the left saying "Change my picture" and another saying "Signature Settings". 

Are those not showing for you guys? What browser are you using and on what device if they aren't?

mike96 said:
Thanks Dave. I was talking about that white "Profile" button that used to be at the top right when you go to your profile page.
No worries bud :) I can't remember that button, but then I normally just keep clicking things till I find what I'm looking for, and then forget till next time when I just keep clicking things again :p