Jump to content Jump to content

mike96 said:
Actually Clarkson was "suspended" http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31824040
Yes I know, or did you think he was sacked when writing your first post? If they do sack him it would be a huge mistake, Top Gear is a big money maker for the BBC, and would fall flat on its arse without him. I was really looking forward to the next episode, it's been ages since they've make the series this long. :(
If the BBC did sack him, Sky, Channel 4, Itv, Channel 5, Etc. would all be waiting in the wings to snap him up for a TG style show. And if the money and show were right I could see Hammond and May joining him. BBC won't wanna miss out on that so I don't reckon he'll be sacked over this.

Plus when they gave him his final warning last year, they said he would be sacked if he said something controversial again, not if he got into a fight ;)
BBC would sack half their directors before they sacked Clarkson. The millions they get from Top Gear would not be possible without him, which is why he gets away with the amount he does. If they got rid of him he'd simply go elsewhere, and May and Hammond would follow, so they'd be left with the same sort of stuff as fifth gear, and the difference in size between the two shows is massive.

Also, I'm sure Clarkson owns a majority parts of the rights to Top Gear does he not? So Without him they literally have no Top Gear
Well I can't believe it, I smashed the screen on my iPhone 5C :( fell off my music stand in an orchestra rehearsal earlier and the bottom corner is all smashed!
Perfect timing! You can switch to a superior Android phone now ;) The HTC One M9 comes out on the 31st, or you could pick up a Z3 (which I'll be phoning EE to order on Friday) or a One M8 for some decent prices.
APR193 said:
BBC would sack half their directors before they sacked Clarkson. The millions they get from Top Gear would not be possible without him, which is why he gets away with the amount he does. If they got rid of him he'd simply go elsewhere, and May and Hammond would follow, so they'd be left with the same sort of stuff as fifth gear, and the difference in size between the two shows is massive.

Also, I'm sure Clarkson owns a majority parts of the rights to Top Gear does he not? So Without him they literally have no Top Gear
Pretty sure Clarkson sold his shares in the show in 2012, making a lot of money ;)
Well I can't believe it, I smashed the screen on my iPhone 5C :( fell off my music stand in an orchestra rehearsal earlier and the bottom corner is all smashed!
Perfect timing! You can switch to a superior Android phone now ;) The HTC One M9 comes out on the 31st, or you could pick up a Z3 (which I'll be phoning EE to order on Friday) or a One M8 for some decent prices.
Ha, never! I'll just get the screen replaced and continue to use my awesome phone as always! 
Hughesy said:
APR193 said:

Pretty sure Clarkson sold his shares in the show in 2012, making a lot of money ;)
He did? Ah, didn't know that. But even then if they get rid of him its their loss.
Hughesy said:
Yep Top Gear series cancelled, no more top gear :rage: I hate the BBC, funny how they can get rid of someone so quick, but did nothing about the sickest human being there's ever been...
Looks like the last 3 episodes of this series has been, but until they decide what's gonna happen with Clarkson there could yet be future series :) 
And what could the BBC do about Hitler? :p 

Oh, and at least we still got the same average of episodes as the 3 series before this one right? Obviously the more TG the better! But at least this didn't happen when it was like 2 or 3 episodes in.
Get more peace on a building site than I do here. Bleeping neighbor is always drilling/ using power tools. Now he's digging up his drive using a bloody jackhammer. I hate him so much, not just for that but because he's an ignorant so and so. He's making all my lights flicker due to the high wattage of the jackhammer.

Rant over. Anyone else have awful neighbours?
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic