Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Saw Mad Max yesterday, pretty nutty film :D The action was great, the story kinda so-so, but still serviceable. Though tbh they coulda just called the movie Fury Road and not had Max in it for how much of a secondary character he really was. They should have called it Imperator Furiosa: Fury Road seeing as how the movie was pretty much dominated by her :p 

Best character though was easily Nux, hilariously over the top, but he was the only character who actually had progression. From being a full-on fanboy of the main bad guy to doing something noble for the main characters.

Just watch it for the action and the soundtrack though, it's what it's really about B)

Hughesy said:
Uh spoilers dude  :p

o:) 
That was spoiler free ;) Most reviews for the movie have more spoilers than anything I've written there. Plus there really isn't much story that's even spoilable :p
Taking the piss mate, as you seem to think I said a spoiler when I didn't, as your story will likely be different as there's so many places it branches  :p That last part does somewhat read as a spoiler, more so than what I said in the game thread.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

That was spoiler free ;) Most reviews for the movie have more spoilers than anything I've written there. Plus there really isn't much story that's even spoilable :p
Taking the piss mate, as you seem to think I said a spoiler when I didn't, as your story will likely be different as there's so many places it branches  :p That last part does somewhat read as a spoiler, more so than what I said in the game thread.
Nah, have a look at the trailers and posters for the movie, Nux is always shown with the good guys so even before watching the movie it was pretty obvious what was gonna happen with him. So technically the advertising for the movie spoiled it, not me ;)

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Nah, have a look at the trailers and posters for the movie, Nux is always shown with the good guys so even before watching the movie it was pretty obvious what was gonna happen with him. So technically the advertising for the movie spoiled it, not me ;)
My point is it's no different to what I said in the game thread, as  that's been mentioned in many articles and videos for the last few years ;)

I may like my Ipad, but the price of this is rediculous :o I mean it's a bloody watch, a watch that can't even tell the time for 24 hours without needing to be charged. Hay bud what's the time? I don't know mate, my £13000 watch is charging...... Pointless bit of technology of the century goes to....

Hughesy said:
I may like my Ipad, but the price of this is rediculous :o I mean it's a bloody watch, a watch that can't even tell the time for 24 hours without needing to be charged. Hay bud what's the time? I don't know mate, my £13000 watch is charging...... Pointless bit of technology of the century goes to....

Lol, the iWatch is crazy, the funniest part is that if somebody buys that one for £13,500 there'll be a new one out in less than 2 years so good luck selling it and getting any decent money back for it :D 

I'm slightly interested in a smartwatch, particularly the Sony Smartwatch 3, but I find normal watches uncomfortable to wear after about an hour so it'd end up being a waste of money for me.

Juice29 said:
If you had to recommend any phone what would it be and why?
Whatever suits your needs best. If you live in a 4G area and use the Internet on the go then get one that supports that. Yeovil is meant to be getting 4G soon. When I was up in London I got to use 4G for the first time, I was amazed how fast it was, then coming back to Yeovil felt like going back to the Stone Age.lol I'd never tell anyone what phone they should get as everyone has different needs, it's like telling someone who plays on Consoles should play on PC ;)

I love my IPad Air due to the size of the screen and how light it is, due to my condition that was a priority. 

I think the iWatch Apple Watch has the potential to be good, but I'm definitely not going to buy the first model.

I think it'll be like the iPhone when that first came out. It was good but there's still so much to add to it and now it's fantastic.

I'm not going to buy the first because firstly, although Apple say it will last a day, I reckon that a lot of people will find it doesn't, especially if you're using it a lot of the day.

Also, it's basically an extension at the iPhone at the moment, and I can't see the point having one if I can do it on my phone, which will also be quicker and easier to use no doubt.

There's a few things you can't do either on it, like reply to Emails. You can to messages, but not Emails.

Also, if you go to the gym, you'll still have to have your iPhone in your pocket. It would be useful if you could just have the watch on its own. And it's also not waterproof.

I reckon eventually they will release a WiFi model of it which works on its own. Until they do that, and release a couple more models, that's when I'll consider buying it.

Just watched the last Top Gear special, makes me miss the series even more. No matter who presents it, it won't be Top Gear. Really hope those three sort a deal out with another company soon. :(

On a lighter note, there's one up side for someone who is fat, lol maybe I should eat more pies just to be on the safe side. :joy: 

And another subject, does Andriod have this feature? It's called reading mode on IOS, it makes reading web pages so much better.

Juice29 said:
If you had to recommend any phone what would it be and why?
Personally, I like the Google Nexus phones. They have a nice GUI and they get the new android software first. So if I were you, I'd pick up the latest one of those. I have the Nexus 5 but I believe there is a newer one. Plus they have no buttons on the outside which just looks awesome IMO.