Jump to content Jump to content

Really? I love Lazembey, also Hill and Herbert are the best double act ever. Now DC and Jordan, those two were enough for me to mute my TV whenever they talked  :# All of them are what makes the program so enjoyable. Jake Humphrey did my head in, now I have to hear him blabber on when watching BT Sports :s
Hughesy said:
Really? I love Lazembey, also Hill and Herbert are the best double act ever. Now DC and Jordan, those two were enough for me to mute my TV whenever they talked  :# All of them are what makes the program so enjoyable. Jake Humphrey did my head in, now I have to hear him blabber on when watching BT Sports :s
same here I've always liked Hill as well. I always thought even when he was racing that back then he'd make a good commentator/analyst. He just seemed to have the right personality to make it work
Platy said:
You realise how bad the show would be on a channel like those? Adverts every 15 minutes, show would be neutered because all the main advertisers are the car companies. Netflix is the best place for them, especially if they throw money at the show like they've done with their other created shows.
It seems they are close to signing a agreement with Netflix.

Link
Well thanks for the opinions on Netflix guys. I'm definitely going to get my free month and then I'll see how I get on with it.

Am I right in thinking that you can't get it in other countries though? I'm away in Austria, France and Spain for 5 consecutive weeks in July/August so does that mean I won't be able to watch anything?

Or can I use those proxies you said about?! :p 

On the TopGear subject though, I think Netflix is probably their best option. As you said, they'll probably give them the most creative freedom and I'm sure that's what they'll want.

And by the way, what TV series/movies would you recommend watching on Netflix? I've got a few I want to watch but I know there's so much on there, I'll miss some gems no doubt.

It SHOULD auto detect your country and give you the content based on the country you are in (as long as they have the netflix service available)

As for stuff to watch, I've not seen it all, but the Netflix Original stuff is amazing.

Daredevil (Marvel, fighting, do I need to say more?)
House of Cards (Kevin Spacey and American politics) 
Marco Polo (pretty easy to guess this one...)
Orange is the new black (not seen it but heard great things)
Arrested Development if you've never watched it

There is TONNES of amazing stuff but Netflix isn't great at showing you honestly. Sure there'll be a top ten list somewhere. 

Alright, that's cool, thanks. I just looked at available countries and while it is in Austria and France, it isn't in Spain (which is annoying as that's where I'll be spending 3 of the 5 weeks :/ )

But thanks for the suggestions! Marco Polo is one I definitely wanted to watch, and Breaking Bad too! I watched one episode months ago at school and was hooked! :p 
Alright, that's cool, thanks. I just looked at available countries and while it is in Austria and France, it isn't in Spain (which is annoying as that's where I'll be spending 3 of the 5 weeks :/ )

But thanks for the suggestions! Marco Polo is one I definitely wanted to watch, and Breaking Bad too! I watched one episode months ago at school and was hooked! :p 
You won't be disappointed with Breaking Bad. It gets a bit slow at times, but overall it's probably one of the best TV series I've ever seen.

You won't be disappointed with Breaking Bad. It gets a bit slow at times, but overall it's probably one of the best TV series I've ever seen.
Agreed with this. The first season is the slowest but get through that and it just gets better. 

After that, Better Call Saul (totally forgot about that) is a great backstory for Breaking Bad. 
I signed up to Reddit yesterday, absolutely loving it. Are any of you lot on there? If you are, what subreddits to you frequent?
Best tip for Reddit. Get RES (Reddit Enhancement Suite) and find non-default subreddits. The main ones are a bit meh nowadays, I'll cobble a list together of most of mine:

/r/Games - obviously
/r/Xboxone & /r/Ps4
/r/Movies
/r/Android
/r/Formula1
/r/WEC
/r/all (This is a weird one, 'cos 'Front Page' is the  front page of YOUR subscribed subreddits, whereas /r/all is the entirety of Reddit.)

Plenty of others out there, depends what you're into really. 
Thanks man, I subscribed to some of those.

My favourite subreddit so far is /r/RaceTrackDesigns

I've been posting a couple of mine up already and the comments have been great, and it's so nice to discuss circuit design with like-minded people. The WEC reddit is good too.

Also /r/tifu is good too :p 

I'll have a look into RES too, thanks.

I've been posting a couple of mine up already and the comments have been great, and it's so nice to discuss circuit design with like-minded people. The WEC reddit is good too.

And where not? haha

And where not? haha
No of course you are! It's just no one else really uploads their own designs so it's nice to look at some others by people who like doing the same and then chatting about them too!
I signed up to Reddit yesterday, absolutely loving it. Are any of you lot on there? If you are, what subreddits to you frequent?
/u/Matthew77258
/u/CaptnCrumble  (@onetwothree)

You'll find me on:
/r/Cricket
/r/GameOfThrones
/r/Formula1
/r/AskReddit
/r/Canberra
/r/Gaming
/r/ImGoingToHellForThis (dark humor...extremely racist/sexist/etc...I know i'm a horrible person.)
/r/TumblrInAction 
/r/IAMA 

At first I was pretty meh about it, but lately i've been spending hours on it. 
/u/PlatypusFeatures

I'm mostly on /r/TexasRangers or /r/Baseball, or football related subs, so I doubt those will interest you.

/r/simracing is fairly decent. I generally browse /r/Games but its mostly only good for news. Finding specific game related subs is a good idea, list of them here - https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/wiki/faq

I do get a good chuckle out of /r/me_irl and /r/reallifedoodles. Lots of good gif related subs too.
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic