Jump to content Jump to content

So Reddit is fantastic, and I saw this question come up in /r/AskReddit which I thought I'd post here as I reckon there could be some funny experiences :p 

The question is: What is the dumbest thing you got punished for in school?

For me, and I'm sure a lot of people will have had this, but it is just so unfair when you're punished as a group, even though you weren't doing anything wrong.

The best example of this happened when I was 13, and I was on a table of 4 in a DT lesson. I've always been a quiet guy (doesn't really contribute to lessons, doesn't muck about, gets on with the job), and in this class we were told many times to not talk, and I respected this, but the other 3 dimwits on my table didn't and the teacher said the table would get a lunch time detention.

Anyway, this happened once and I went along, but the next time I just got up and said to the teacher 'this is ridiculous, I've not done anything wrong and these idiots won't shut up'.

I moved tables and wasn't kept behind again, and after I said it I thought to myself 'ah god, they're gonna give me grief for calling them idiots, aren't they'. Amazingly they didn't, and I think it gave me a new sense of confidence after saying it lol.

I once threw a table at a teacher (I missed though lol) and some how I didn't get in any trouble, but the teacher did. It all kicked off  becasue the teacher started a game of hangman even though he knew what I'd just been through. (WARNING) Not sure I should talk about this as it'll bring the mood down, but feel free to gloss over and just laugh at the first part of the post.
The day before I got awful news that my cousin had been found dead, he had hung himself, he was only 17. So as soon as the teacher mentioned hangman I completly lost it and through a table across the room at him.

I despise 'group punishment' (unless the whole group is involved in the particular offence). When teachers would hold in the whole class due to a portion of the class doing something wrong it really frustrated me, but other than that I don't think I really received any dumb punishments myself. 
Very geeky but still really cool, man turns his basement into a room from Elder Scrolls. He spent $50k doing it.
http://www.barcroft.tv/superfan-spends-fifty-thousand-dollars-elder-scrolls-video-game-basement-conversion
No GoT spoilers please :p I plan on watching them all over a couple of days soon.

Anybody want 2 kittens btw? Had to catch these 2 little nightmares last night after they'd found their way into my step-dad's shed. My mum's gonna get them neutered and I'm looking for a new home for them. They're a bit skittish and not keen on being handled but they'll be fine if they grow up in a nice home. I'm not willing to travel too far though so if anybody would want em they can come see me to pick em up :p 

K I've figured it out. [S poiler] *text here* [s poiler]

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND EVERYTHING HOLY IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST EPISODE DON'T OPEN THIS SPOILER.

[spoiler] Yeah going off the numerous theories i've read I expect Melisandre to do her magic and bring back you-know-who from the dead. [spoiler]

Anyway, that's all i'm saying cause i'm scared that imma spoil everything and i'm going to be banished off the internet. 
No GoT spoilers please :p I plan on watching them all over a couple of days soon.

Anybody want 2 kittens btw? Had to catch these 2 little nightmares last night after they'd found their way into my step-dad's shed. My mum's gonna get them neutered and I'm looking for a new home for them. They're a bit skittish and not keen on being handled but they'll be fine if they grow up in a nice home. I'm not willing to travel too far though so if anybody would want em they can come see me to pick em up :p 

I demand a cute button. :p cute little kitties
Well, I'm not surprised at all really! I watched TFI Friday and when Lewis Hamilton asked him about it, it was obvious he was, and they did some stuff at Dunsfold too (where their studio and track is).

I'll definitely watch it, I wonder who the other two presenters will be though.

And the final episode with Clarkson, Hammond and May is apparently going out on Sunday 28th June!
I kinda like Chris Evans, when it comes to radio show hosts I've never heard anyone who does the job as well as he does. Plus he loves cars so that's a plus. 

Really does depend now on who they choose to join him. If they go with Guy Martin I'll definitely watch, but if they choose Jolie Kidd then hell no.
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic