Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
Only visited regularly for a few months. 

One of their rules is "It is not ok to suggest that members of different cultures or races are incapable of cohabiting" which I mean I'm pretty sure Yugoslavia broke up over ethnic tensions, which led to genocide, I would say that suggest they could not cohabit. Thus why they are in different countries. 

Apparently Hitler survived the Second World War and has taken to moderating the European sub reddit. 
That is an awful rule... it effectively bans talking about racism!
I'm personally up for discussing most things so long as it does not devolve into racism. If someone suggests that two groups cannot coexist in one place, I'm interested to see a well thought out arguement as to why exactly they can't. It will also help people to understand both sides more, which is obviously a good thing. 

Heck, that rule basically ignores the fact that at one stage Native Americans could not coexist with Europeans, they killed each other a lot. But you can't even suggest the notion there without being banned. That is not why I was banned, but it is a pathetic rule. 

@RevolvingPrawn Remember what I said about Lee Nelson while playing GTA? This is what he did.
http://youtu.be/QAwrL6v-Hh4

This one is even better though, when he invaded Xfactor :joy: Skip to 3:30, he's in the red coat.
http://youtu.be/25-hIeUxQkc

Got unbanned from /r/europe after they realised their mistake :D 

EDIT: Oh apparently I haven't, despite them telling me via a message that they understood what I was saying. They even told me my point had validity :L No unban for me though. For some reason...LOL

GG Reddit. 

In that case you should check out Top Gear USA from season 3 onwards :p I'm not even kidding, it got really good after they stopped following the UK format and just did trips and challenges every episode. Plus it seemed like the 3 hosts started to gel a lot more and were allowed to say more of what they wanted rather than stick to a script. Definitely recommended watching IMO.

Medical update: Had new x-Rays taken, left arm seems pretty good, right needs to be kept in a sling. Matt's bones:1, fracture casts: 0.
Lol it can't be a good week for near fractures if you're called Matt! I got into some bother with my left foot by 'falling off a chair at high speed' as the doctor put it.

This may be a long one, but stick with me. If you don't wanna read it all then I might do a TL;DR at the end.

Basically, at my music academy I go to every weekend, there's a classroom with a spinny chair and some long long corridors. We decided we should push each other ridiculously quickly along them, and it was absolutely awesome. The sensation of being on a chair being pushed around a school at speed is absolutely immense.

It was, until I had to put my foot down as two other lads walked through a door and we would've probably hit them. The chair was going too fast so my foot got caught under the wheel and I fell off, so I landed quite hard and awkwardly landed on my left foot and right arm. I was laughing as it was hilarious, and didn't feel much pain, but when I went to get up I realised I couldn't put any pressure on my left foot, so realised 'ah damn, this hurts'.

My mate had to wheel me back to the room (at a slower speed), and then him and another mate had to help me walk down stairs and to my car. I felt so pathetic not being able to walk, as it's the first time this has really happened to me lol. But I was in agony, I couldn't put any pressure on it without it hurting.

I then got in my car but I couldn't drive as it hurt too much to push the clutch (mine is quite hard already anyway) so I had to call my parents to pick me up. I sat in the car for 30 minutes and waited and my Dad took the car home while my Mum took me to A&E.

They did an X-Ray and while they said they're 99% sure they think I've just strained the plantar fascia (it's basically a ligament that goes across your foot), I may have possibly fractured my foot, as there was something odd on the X-Ray.

They're getting their special consultant in on Tuesday to confirm and they'll get back to me, but it feels pretty much back to normal now so I'm sure haven't.

TL;DR went to a choir rehearsal, ended up being pushed at high speed on a wheely chair, fell off, hobbled for ages along stairs and couldn't dribe home so ending up in A&E, straining my foot and possibly fracturing it too (but probably not).

Medical update: Had new x-Rays taken, left arm seems pretty good, right needs to be kept in a sling. Matt's bones:1, fracture casts: 0.
Lol it can't be a good week for near fractures if you're called Matt! I got into some bother with my left foot by 'falling off a chair at high speed' as the doctor put it.

This may be a long one, but stick with me. If you don't wanna read it all then I might do a TL;DR at the end.

Basically, at my music academy I go to every weekend, there's a classroom with a spinny chair and some long long corridors. We decided we should push each other ridiculously quickly along them, and it was absolutely awesome. The sensation of being on a chair being pushed around a school at speed is absolutely immense.

It was, until I had to put my foot down as two other lads walked through a door and we would've probably hit them. The chair was going too fast so my foot got caught under the wheel and I fell off, so I landed quite hard and awkwardly landed on my left foot and right arm. I was laughing as it was hilarious, and didn't feel much pain, but when I went to get up I realised I couldn't put any pressure on my left foot, so realised 'ah damn, this hurts'.

My mate had to wheel me back to the room (at a slower speed), and then him and another mate had to help me walk down stairs and to my car. I felt so pathetic not being able to walk, as it's the first time this has really happened to me lol. But I was in agony, I couldn't put any pressure on it without it hurting.

I then got in my car but I couldn't drive as it hurt too much to push the clutch (mine is quite hard already anyway) so I had to call my parents to pick me up. I sat in the car for 30 minutes and waited and my Dad took the car home while my Mum took me to A&E.

They did an X-Ray and while they said they're 99% sure they think I've just strained the plantar fascia (it's basically a ligament that goes across your foot), I may have possibly fractured my foot, as there was something odd on the X-Ray.

They're getting their special consultant in on Tuesday to confirm and they'll get back to me, but it feels pretty much back to normal now so I'm sure haven't.

TL;DR went to a choir rehearsal, ended up being pushed at high speed on a wheely chair, fell off, hobbled for ages along stairs and couldn't dribe home so ending up in A&E, straining my foot and possibly fracturing it too (but probably not).
Funny you mention that part. When I had to go to emergency (your A&E) and got my x-rays done the doctor informed me that it was nothing more than ligament damage...until I got home when I received a phone call telling me that the doctor had consulted with another 2 doctors and she missed both my left and right elbow fractures, and thus I had to go back at 10:00 PM to get slings on my arms. Anyway, i'm hoping for the best for you Matt...we can't have both Matt's here with fractured bones.

Funny you mention that part. When I had to go to emergency (your A&E) and got my x-rays done the doctor informed me that it was nothing more than ligament damage...until I got home when I received a phone call telling me that the doctor had consulted with another 2 doctors and she missed both my left and right elbow fractures, and thus I had to go back at 10:00 PM to get slings on my arms. Anyway, i'm hoping for the best for you Matt...we can't have both Matt's here with fractured bones.
Oh wow, what are the chances! Well sorry to hear that mate, hope it all gets back to normal very soon! I haven't had a call yet (they said it would be today after the consultant has looked at a 3D version of the X-ray, but I haven't heard anything yet. 

The weird thing is that my doctor noticed something odd on the right side of my foot (which looks like a possible fracture), but the X-ray people noticed something different on the left side of my foot (there's a sharp edge to a bone which could be a problem apparently).

Also, apparently I have an extra bone in my foot! Nothing to worry about, it's just weird :p