Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Hughesy said:
I say while those two have their hands full in GD, we go crazy here :joy: 

Have to admit though my stance has been softening on the game in the last few days though. Still not happy career mode's been left out but if what they've said is true and they're working on a better career mode I am prepared to wait I think as long as it does make a comeback next year. I was determined to wait till the sales and I still may but it still looks a pretty intriguing game even without career mode. I'll probably make a decision within the next 24hrs whether to buy at full or wait till  the sales though. But the F1 bug in me is encouraging me to buy it now regardless of my feelings so far I'm resisting but not by much.

To be honest no career mode doesn't really bother me much. Probably 90% of the single player races I did on the last 2 games were using real drivers anyway so it won't be all that different. The main things that really interest me is physics and AI so I'm hoping both are improved this time round.

To be honest no career mode doesn't really bother me much. Probably 90% of the single player races I did on the last 2 games were using real drivers anyway so it won't be all that different. The main things that really interest me is physics and AI so I'm hoping both are improved this time round.

It does bother me though because I primarily play in the SP modes on games and without it it's unlikely I'll spend as much time playing it but then if I want career mode I suppose I still have the earlier ones for that and the old engine isn't that bad. I have to admit though I am impressed by the graphics this year. But this is more a game thread discussion than a stuff thread one

It does bother me though because I primarily play in the SP modes on games and without it it's unlikely I'll spend as much time playing it but then if I want career mode I suppose I still have the earlier ones for that and the old engine isn't that bad. I have to admit though I am impressed by the graphics this year. But this is more a game thread discussion than a stuff thread one
But why does this stop you in any way from playing singleplayer? At the end of the day it's the car you are driving, not the person. It's really no different to past F1 games, you can still do seasons, and as a bonus you can actually do F1 14 & 15 seasons. Singleplayer is what I mainly play and I don't see the issue, at the end of the day it's just a name in the hud. The actual racing and physics are what's important in a racing game.

When you play FIFA what do you do? You play as a team, so how is this any different. GP4 was the best F1 game and you know why? Becasue they focused on physics and AI, the core things that make a racing game. Not having a go at you bud, but reading the same thing over and over and over and over and over again in the GD section is rage inducing.

Why no career
Why no safety car
Why no this and that. :joy: 

PS: Why is this being talked about in this thread instead of Game thread.

Hughesy said:

But why does this stop you in any way from playing singleplayer? At the end of the day it's the car you are driving, not the person. It's really no different to past F1 games, you can still do seasons, and as a bonus you can actually do F1 14 & 15 seasons. Singleplayer is what I mainly play and I don't see the issue, at the end of the day it's just a name in the hud. The actual racing and physics are what's important in a racing game.

When you play FIFA what do you do? You play as a team, so how is this any different. GP4 was the best F1 game and you know why? Becasue they focused on physics and AI, the core things that make a racing game. Not having a go at you bud, but reading the same thing over and over and over and over and over again in the GD section is rage inducing.

Why no career
Why no safety car
Why no this and that. :joy: 

PS: Why is this being talked about in this thread instead of Game thread.

Blame Matt he was the one to start the discussion of F1 2015 in this thread :p It doesn't and you're right  but I just prefer to play that mode and is the mode I spend most of my time in. Mostly because I like the idea of building a reputation as I progress in my attempts to win the title each season. Also I like seeing my name in the championship standings. Like you I'm getting tired of seeing people moaning about it in there too but there you have it. They do have a case I have to admit but like you say it does get tiring after a while.Besides I'm thinking I will buy it now anyway I was going to wait til the price dropped but it looks like my F1 bug is winning me over.

Decided to buy in the end.If it wasn't for the fact that everything they have included looked so good I probably wouldn't have bothered tbh.

fIsince08 said:
People are starting to get their copies of  F1 2015. Good luck @PeteTheDuck @fIsince08 
It's started...
I've not had time to go on the F1 section for a couple of days. I'm gonna start tonight, after I go out for a meal :p 
So much for being a moderator :p jk.  It really needs full time dedication as it's awful lol, new people are being put off posting due to the aggressive tone, I just laugh it off. I still wish I was chosen with you guys, so much spare time twiddling my thumbs, and would've been good to help with problems (if any) with the PC version.

@LiteralZero Any chance you guys will add anymore to help out in the future?  o:)

Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
People are starting to get their copies of  F1 2015. Good luck @PeteTheDuck @fIsince08 
It's started...
I've not had time to go on the F1 section for a couple of days. I'm gonna start tonight, after I go out for a meal :p 
So much for being a moderator :p jk.  It really needs full time dedication as it's awful lol, new people are being put off posting due to the aggressive tone, I just laugh it off. I still wish I was chosen with you guys, so much spare time twiddling my thumbs, and would've been good to help with problems (if any) with the PC version.

@LiteralZero Any chance you guys will add anymore to help out in the future?  o:)
Keep on hitting the report button and it makes our lives much easier :)