Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Wow. Groove Music, one of the apps that comes built into W10 is pretty freaking good! I doubled clicked a song, it popped up immediately playing on that and then in the top right it came up saying it was scanning for other media to add to the library. I only saw that message for about 0.8 of a second before it said it was finished and it has actually added the entire music library I have on my laptop :) 

Windows 10 is awesome.

Edit: it's even imported my WMP playlists and actually has album art for songs that WMP never did :)
Oh and for anybody silly enough to buy anything from Apple ( ;) ) you can also import ITunes playlists to Groove Music too

I haven't updated yet, I'll probably wait around a fortnight or so. Dad updated his last night and apparently his display driver either isn't compatible or hasn't been updated so now he's getting crashes every 10 minutes or so.

neither have I but then I'm quite happy running Win 7 anyway so I'm not going to rush into it. I may even wait until either I get an upgrade or get a new machine anyway even if it does mean I'm paying whereas I'd get it free now. Mostly because I don't want to do what I did with Vista and end up jumping the gun especially given how bad an experience that was. It does look good but so did Vista  at first until I discovered it's flaws

The Win 10 update hasn't hit there i think, haven't been prompted to install it as yet.
You don't have to wait for it to show. If you reserved it then it will prompt you when it's ready, but you don't need to. Microsoft made it available for download for all here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Hughesy said:
Pretty sure you can still use your current Windows 7 license even after upgrading to Windows 10 ;)
It's a clart on getting the game to work on Windows 7 as it is, I don't want to be faffing around with virtual machines as well!

Dad is thinking of upgrading his desktop, but we have a year so he'll wait a while to make his mind up.

Hughesy said:
The Win 10 update hasn't hit there i think, haven't been prompted to install it as yet.
You don't have to wait for it to show. If you reserved it then it will prompt you when it's ready, but you don't need to. Microsoft made it available for download for all here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
That's the way I'm doing it on all of mine :p 

Yea I'll probably do the same tomorrow using the USB drive I bought, then putting 8.1 on the drive afterwards. I do have a DVD drive, but it's not even connected lol. Might just remove it as I don't see the point having one these days due to only using digital downloads.

Hughesy said:
19mb doesn't seem right for the download? or will this program download Win 10?

Hughesy said:
19mb doesn't seem right for the download? or will this program download Win 10?
It's the program that then downloads Windows 10, it's around 6GB I think. @RevolvingPrawn Knows as he's done it a few times now.

My PC is being a right stupid machine atm Don't know why as I've done checks on it and everything looks OK. Weird. It's not one thing in particular but I've been getting a lot more crashes lately in games and everything seems to be running a lot slower. Usually that means I end up having to reprogram it but with various games on the go I don't want to lose them atm Thinking I might need to use the cloud systems for my asves and then redownload them when I've done it.

Maybe I'll try Win 10 while I'm at it. After all if I don't like it and can't get things to work the way I want I can always go back to 7 as I have Win 7 on the disc that came with my system