Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

My PC is being a right stupid machine atm Don't know why as I've done checks on it and everything looks OK. Weird. It's not one thing in particular but I've been getting a lot more crashes lately in games and everything seems to be running a lot slower. Usually that means I end up having to reprogram it but with various games on the go I don't want to lose them atm Thinking I might need to use the cloud systems for my asves and then redownload them when I've done it.

Maybe I'll try Win 10 while I'm at it. After all if I don't like it and can't get things to work the way I want I can always go back to 7 as I have Win 7 on the disc that came with my system

And Windows 10 has rollback system so if you don't like it you can go back to W7 exactly as it was before you install 10 ;)

My PC is being a right stupid machine atm Don't know why as I've done checks on it and everything looks OK. Weird. It's not one thing in particular but I've been getting a lot more crashes lately in games and everything seems to be running a lot slower. Usually that means I end up having to reprogram it but with various games on the go I don't want to lose them atm Thinking I might need to use the cloud systems for my asves and then redownload them when I've done it.

Maybe I'll try Win 10 while I'm at it. After all if I don't like it and can't get things to work the way I want I can always go back to 7 as I have Win 7 on the disc that came with my system

And Windows 10 has rollback system so if you don't like it you can go back to W7 exactly as it was before you install 10 ;)

I'll likely go with a clean install  though if I do. Because on a video I was watching yesterday on youtube recommends that that's the way to go otherwise there's a good chance that the problems I'm having atm could follow on over. Need to put my Witcher asve onto the cloud and transfer my current Shepard into ME3 first before I can as those are the most important saves that aer important  to me atm.  That's mostly because I usethe standalone copy of ME2 which doesn't use cloud saving like the trilogy version does.

Also asve any other games I want  to keep onto the cloud systems they use I'm basically doing that first then I'll probably take Win 10 for a spin

Platy said:
Im surprised running water is available. 
Sometimes this forum produces some absolute gems. This is one of them.

Well I'm honestly quite surprised they've gone for Amazon Prime, but I'm not complaining as my mum accidentally signed us up to a year of it, so I'll be able to watch it!

Wow I'm loving Windows 10, everything @RevolvingPrawn said was correct. Even coming from Windows 8.1 this feels like a big upgrade. Edge (IE) is awesome, and so is the music app. Without me doing anything, it added all my music in seconds. Microsoft have listened, the way it fused it all together into a really modern feeling OS is fantastic. I would highly recommended anyone with 7 or 8.1 to upgrade.  Once Edge allows extensions it'll be perfect. 

Hughesy said:
Wow I'm loving Windows 10, everything @RevolvingPrawn said was correct. Even coming from Windows 8.1 this feels like a big upgrade. Edge (IE) is awesome, and so is the music app. Without me doing anything, it added all my music in seconds. Microsoft have listened, the way it fused it all together into a really modern feeling OS is fantastic. I would highly recommended anyone with 7 or 8.1 to upgrade.  Once Edge allows extensions it'll be perfect. 

Yay I was right about something! ;) It's a damn good OS right? Have you checked out the action centre notifications pop out yet? If you have your email address on the mail app it works like it would on Android with the notifications :) But it's actually really unobtrusive, just changes the icon colour from black to white to let you know somethings in there.
And Edge is great lol, for browsing and posting I'm using it non-stop now, I'm only using Chrome for stuff like YouTube now because of the extensions.

I haven't but will do now bud, that's awesome bud. Wanted something like that for PC, as I'm so used to notifications on tablets. The only issue I have is Steam looks weird.... Edit: Think I know why, it seems to scale with Windows now, as the writing is a lot bigger.

Hughesy said:
I haven't but will do now bud, that's awesome bud. Wanted something like that for PC, as I'm so used to notifications on tablets. The only issue I have is Steam looks weird, like it's blurred and low res.... 

I love how they've done it though, no annoying pop ups or anything, just a colour changing icon :)

Can you screenshot it bud? Steam looks no different to me from how it did on 8.1 :/

Hughesy said:
I haven't but will do now bud, that's awesome bud. Wanted something like that for PC, as I'm so used to notifications on tablets. The only issue I have is Steam looks weird, like it's blurred and low res.... 

I love how they've done it though, no annoying pop ups or anything, just a colour changing icon :)

Can you screenshot it bud? Steam looks no different to me from how it did on 8.1 :/
If you change scaling it will also now scale Steam to the same size, which is something I have wanted since getting a 1440P monitor. ;)  

Hughesy said:

Edge is a completely new Browser for Windows 10, IE will be still there but moved to a folder out of the way with other older programs like paint.

Hughesy said:

Edge is a completely new Browser for Windows 10, IE will be still there but moved to a folder out of the way with other older programs like paint.

Yeah IE is still there according to vids I've seen. I will probably still continue to use it at least until I can find my way around Edge anyway. Because I tend to use a combination of IE and Chrome on Win 7. I tend to only use Chrome for accessing the Dragon Age keep site and for Bioware's forums because IE doesn't work too well on those sites. For general use I prefer IE though mostly because I can set up the toolbars just the way I like them best on IE. So for general internet stuff IE works best for me

Hughesy said:

Yes I know that as I used it last night, meant to put IB. They had to keep it due to Edge not being the finished browser yet.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Yes I know that as I used it last night, meant to put IB. They had to keep it due to Edge not being the finished browser yet.

Yeah will probably go for it today at some point as I have a couple more games to do but they shouldn't take too long as they're just my CM F1 career mode saves and in those cases I 'm only going to do the 1 race weekend and leave it at that. So hopefully by the end of my play today fingers crossed I'll be using Windows 10 as well

Random post, but I'm in an Apple store in Spain, trying out the new gear. Currently typing this on the latest MacBook and it is so light it's crazy. But the keyboard feels horrible, like you can hardly feel the keys typing.

Also had a look at the Apple Watch and it's so tiny, not worth buying, yet. It's just not got enough features on it to make it worth it.

Little bit of good news to share, it's been just over 3 days since I had my last cigarette :) 10 years of smoking has come to an end mainly because of hearing @Hughesy puffing away on his vapouriser while playing GTA making me decide to try it as an alternative to smoking. 

Got a bit of a test tomorrow, going to the pub with some friends and I'd normally go outside for a fag with them, just need to resist that now!

I'm a life saver and how do you repay me? By getting me drinking alcohol again after 2 years :joy: Btw just go out with them but vape, works for me.

Just watching impractical jokers, this is probably my favourite clip ever, almost had me in tears #DontCallMeMoustache 
http://youtu.be/lb9hGBQGXmc

Lol it worked both ways I guess! You heard me drinking while we were gaming and then your meds changed :p It's fun to drink and play coop though at least, plus you don't have to wait for me anymore while I'd go for a fag ;)

I'll take one of my vapes with me, but I don't reckon I could go outside with them yet. When my bud Martin was over the other day, every time he came back in after smoking the smell was overpowering and made me wanna go have one too lol.

Little bit of good news to share, it's been just over 3 days since I had my last cigarette :) 10 years of smoking has come to an end mainly because of hearing @Hughesy puffing away on his vapouriser while playing GTA making me decide to try it as an alternative to smoking. 

Got a bit of a test tomorrow, going to the pub with some friends and I'd normally go outside for a fag with them, just need to resist that now!
I guess Rohan wanted to be cool like both of you and take up smoking ;)