Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn  Fibre broadband is live :D  Speeds fluctuating a little, but they said it could happen for the first few minutes. Download is a minimum of 60mb/s  Edit: Steam is downloading at 74mb/s  B) 
Very nice  B) And yea it will fluctuate a bit to start with, but once it settles down you should be getting the full 76 when plugged directly into the router :) Mine was around 25 to start with but these days it's bang on 38 every time I speed test it. 

What game are you downloading? And how long is it taking? :)

Re downloading Theif, as I lost my save so never completed it. 19.8GB downloaded in about 45 minutes, been waiting for this day for so long. That would have taken hours and hours before, my upload speed is actually faster than my download previously was :D

Hughesy said:
Re downloading Theif, as I lost my save so never completed it. 19.8GB downloaded in about 45 minutes, been waiting for this day for so long. That would have taken hours and hours before, my upload speed is actually faster than my download previously was :D
You should move to Australia, we are still using copper lines with fiber coming soon lol

Hughesy said:
Yep i like the idea too, gets rid of the one word posts from spambots and normal members.
Doesn't get rid of spambots, they use a lot more like I said. :p

yeah I didn't think it would shake them off either. need to make the sign up process longerlike adding that check to make sure we are not spambots by adding type in a certain word or number thing that some sites have like cheathappens for example.

http://www.cheathappens.com/

Hughesy said:

yeah I played the original Thief but never really got on with it mostly because I found it too dark and difficult to see what I was doing. As for downloading that's pretty fast. We're on a pretty high speed where I am but unfortunately not in a particularly fast area so doesn't really make much of a difference.

I still keep staring at my download speed :joy: Think I'm probably one of the first to get fibre in my village, as I was paying such close attention as to when it became available. Now I don't need to worry if there's a preload or not for games, as they download so quick. 

Public health England talking utter crap again. They want to ban smoking in pub gardens and beaches..... He said he'd like to ban the sale of tobacco lol.  I don't smoke but this is madness. I can understand banning smoking in builds, but open spaces? That's silly. It's almost as silly as banning E-cigarettes in pubs or any building, as all that comes out is water vapour.

I know why he was nervous, dem pesky AS Levels!

I meanwhile also got my results, but for the whole thing. I got B, C, D, which is what I was hoping for actually, in art, history and music respectively.

Next year I'm doing at art, design and media foundation course. Fortunately the offer was unconditional so my grades didn't matter too much, but yeah, pleased!

Hope you did well Chris, sure you did.

One of my mates was depressed for the whole morning at the fact he only got A, B, C, irrespective of the fact he got into his first choice uni doing a course he's wanted to do for years....