Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Sounds like he's about to lose his virginity.
He's a good Christian, he'll be a virgin till his wedding night.
Platy said:
Thats what the priest told him to say anyway 
mike96 said:
So that's why he said 

Too short blah blah blah
;)
:joy:  http://youtu.be/FONN-0uoTHI

Our marking scheme was ridiculously confusing & a good 99% of A.C.T (Canberra) students had no idea what was going on (myself included). All that I know was your semester unit mark was scaled with the rest of the students throughout the A.C.T doing that unit, and you wanted to be above the average. If you were above the average, your mark went up, if you were below, your mark went down. (Thanks to scaling, a friend of mine got 100.7% in semester 2 Spanish). You then had to do a giant test at the end of your school career which somehow modified your final grade, and you were then given an ATAR (Australian Territory Admission Rank). The higher your ATAR, the better Uni's/Courses you can get into.

Oh we had scaling too. It was one of my many joys. Our scaling though was subject based rather than performance based. You could tell mathematicians made up the scaling system because all the maths subjects scaled up ridiculous amounts and all the English subjects scaled down.

Our marking scheme was ridiculously confusing & a good 99% of A.C.T (Canberra) students had no idea what was going on (myself included). All that I know was your semester unit mark was scaled with the rest of the students throughout the A.C.T doing that unit, and you wanted to be above the average. If you were above the average, your mark went up, if you were below, your mark went down. (Thanks to scaling, a friend of mine got 100.7% in semester 2 Spanish). You then had to do a giant test at the end of your school career which somehow modified your final grade, and you were then given an ATAR (Australian Territory Admission Rank). The higher your ATAR, the better Uni's/Courses you can get into.
Haha good old AST, I'm doing that in a couple of weeks. One of my friends got 110 scaled for spec maths

I think at one point I got 50.6% scaled for Math Apps (Maths was not my strong point).

I did the AST last year, and it's a lot easier than you expect. My biggest tips are read the news and try to get a general understanding of the big issues in the news (chances are they'll be related to the long answer response stimulus), practice reading maps/graphs (there's a ton throughout the multiple choice and short answer response)  and answer every question in the multiple choice, even if you don't have a clue what the answer is. Trust me, it's easier than people make it sound. 

Good luck!

Hughesy said:
Did you guys know @LiteralZero  isn't working for Codemasters anymore? I liked him  :(

Yeah I knew but only because I've been keeping tabs on the F1 forums but yeah I thought he was a good community manager for the brief time he was here. But he was stuck between a rock and a hard place really having to oversee the F1 series which to me is the hardest one probably to moderate I think. Because on one hand I'm sure CM would love to do everything that's been asked for on there but on the other their hands are tied by the license they have to uphold as well.  The fact they're a pretty small fish in terms of game development I don't think helps much either.

So I just went off on one whilst talking to Currys customer service. They said it would take 2 weeks to get an engineer to look at the cooker.  I said that's ridiculous, cheeky cow said well you can cook on a BBQ in this weather. :rage:

I then spoke to her superior about her attitude and the length of time it was going to take. I'm now getting a new cooker on Wednesday  B) And he made her apologise for the way she spoke to me :joy: Why do a job like that if you don't want to help customers....lol

I have a really nice reclining chair I use for my PC, probably not what you want though  o:) Needed one so I could keep my legs up, which is why I can't sit near my PC. Somehow it seems to be turning my white A50 headphones brown, not sure how though :joy: 

This is my chair, it's a lot softer than the pic shows it being, and it's pretty damn comfortable for long periods of time. Only 2 drawbacks with it for me. It doesn't lean back quite as far as I want it too, probably missing between 5 and 10 degrees but I like to lean really far back compared to most people, and I'm picky lol. And on days where it's really warm with it being leather your back, bum, and thighs can get uncomfortably hot. Otherwise it's probably the best desk chair I've ever owned. It the kind of chair where if you've been sat at a dinner table or in a car for a while before hand, when you get home and sit in it it's like melting into a comfy glove lol. 

http://www.staples.co.uk/guiseppe-leather-faced-executive-chair-black/cbs/411464.html