Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

I would watch, but that guy in the right does my head in, I'd rather be deaf (nearly am anyone lol) than listen to him blabber on, I'm sure he makes some good points though. I may love my iPad Air, but everything else they make I don't...

Id like to point out one is using a Dell laptop, and the other a Razor laptop, both are really overpriced for what you get, so it's really funny if they are talking about the price for what you get... :joy: 

Hughesy said:
I would watch, but that guy in the right does my head in, I'd rather be deaf (nearly am anyone lol) than listen to him blabber on, I'm sure he makes some good points though. I may love my iPad Air, but everything else they make I don't...

Id like to point out one is using a Dell laptop, and the other a Razor laptop, both are really overpriced for what you get, so it's really funny if they are talking about the price for what you get... :joy: 
The laptops they're using are ones sent to them to review and they were allowed to keep them ;)

USERNAME CHANGE, HELL YEAH

Lee reminded me a couple of days before he left that ages ago I asked whether I could have a username change, as PeteTheDuck has nothing to do with me, I don't use that name anywhere else, and my name isn't Pete...

So yes, now I'm MBKF1!

MBKF1 said:

Lee reminded me a couple of days before he left that ages ago I asked whether I could have a username change, as PeteTheDuck has nothing to do with me, I don't use that name anywhere else, and my name isn't Pete...

So yes, now I'm MBKF1!
Ok, so question... Do you have the power to change usernames?

And a good change, I can guess that MB is your first name and surname, what's the K for? Shame you didn't change to Hami1ton though ;)

MBKF1 said:

So yes, now I'm MBKF1!

And a good change, I can guess that MB is your first name and surname, what's the K for? Shame you didn't change to Hami1ton though ;)
No I don't unfortunately. It's a bit weird, but on the administration panel bit there is an option for me to change a username, but it won't save it, due to my permissions as a moderator, and the fact the Codemasters Accounts system links the forums with RaceNet. I think I'm right in thinking that, but no, unfortunately I can't.

And I'm pleased with the change! You're right, MB are my initials, but the MBK thing came from a mate actually, who once randomly called me 'MBK'. There are two syllables in my surname, and the second starts with a K. So he now calls me it every time he sees me, and it's stuck with me!

I'm pleased with it though, and hopefully this time it should stick. It's the first username I've had which has some proper meaning to me. The rest of them (PeteTheDuck, ThatRaceDriver, phibes, Hami1ton) don't really have anything to do with me.

Although Hami1ton is cool for nostalgic purposes! Man, I miss the vBulls  :'(

MBKF1 said:
MBKF1 said:

So yes, now I'm MBKF1!

No I don't unfortunately. It's a bit weird, but on the administration panel bit there is an option for me to change a username, but it won't save it, due to my permissions as a moderator, and the fact the Codemasters Accounts system links the forums with RaceNet. I think I'm right in thinking that, but no, unfortunately I can't.

And I'm pleased with the change! You're right, MB are my initials, but the MBK thing came from a mate actually, who once randomly called me 'MBK'. There are two syllables in my surname, and the second starts with a K. So he now calls me it every time he sees me, and it's stuck with me!

I'm pleased with it though, and hopefully this time it should stick. It's the first username I've had which has some proper meaning to me. The rest of them (PeteTheDuck, ThatRaceDriver, phibes, Hami1ton) don't really have anything to do with me.

Although Hami1ton is cool for nostalgic purposes! Man, I miss the vBulls  :'(

Hah, considering we're friends on FB and I know your name, I should have probably been able to figure that out :p It's good though dude, randomly puts thoughts of an old game in my head though! 

Damn CM and their RaceNet thing which nobody really uses! As much as I like RevolvingPrawn, I'd probably have been up for going back to using Bumfez ;) It's faster to type. And you aren't the only one missing the vBulls, this forum really was at it's best back then.

Hughesy said:
I have probably asked this, but where does the name Revolvingprawn come from?
It's from when I first got an Xbox 360 in 2006/7 (sometime around then). I was gonna use Bumfez but before I put it in I saw that the console could suggest random GamerTags so I figured I'd have a look at what it could do, went through a few pages and some of them were pretty good, then I saw RevolvingPrawn in the list. It was too good not to use so I chose it :p

Unfortunately I ended up losing that GT account purely because MS decided to update their security stuff late 2013 and made everybody input their passwords for their GT's to login. I hadn't used the password since I first made the account and couldn't remember it, tried everything to get the account back, but nothing worked so I ended up losing a ton of DLC, game saves, 50,000+ points, etc. That's why my current GT is R3volvingPrawn :p 

Not much of exciting story right? ;)

Something kinda interesting about Bumfez though, the very first email address I ever made was bumfez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx when I was like 12 or 13, and I'm still using that very same email address 8 days away from my 28th birthday :p 

MBKF1 said:

So yes, now I'm MBKF1!
So Hami1ton how does it feel getting another name ;) lol