Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Well  I just discovered what 'RIP Inbox' on Reddit is all about!

I answered a question in r/AskReddit called 'What food is loved in your country but hated and ridiculed elsewhere?'. My reply was 'I have a feeling beans on toast isn't popular outside of the U.K.'

Anyway, log in 9 hours later and this question is at the top of the subreddit, and my comment has got 1920 upvotes, and 265 inbox notifications! Crazy!

Hughesy said:
I have no idea what any of that means, but then I've never really been on Reddit :joy: Apart from the food part, I love beans on toast ;)
Well as far as I'm aware, r/AskReddit is the most subscribed to subreddit out there, at 9,611,353. There's so many comments on the 'top' threads, so I usually just view replies instead of posting something, as it will just get lost in the depths of the comments.

However, I randomly decided to go on the 'rising' bit of that subreddit (so threads that are making their way to the top), and this particular question only had about 4 replies at the time, so I made one myself. It just so happened that this question got upvoted a lot, and so did my comment, and usually with Reddit it just keeps rising, so it's now the top question and my comment got a sh*t-tonne of replies and upvotes.

For comparison, most of my replies usually get 1 or 2 upvotes max, with the odd exception of about 15 or 30, so 1920 (now 2021!) upvotes is pretty mega!

Hope that makes some vague sense!

Hughesy said:
No work tomorrow, beer and finally getting around to watching season 4 of Prison Break B)
They actually got that far? Lol, I got halfway through season 2 and ended up never watching it again. 

Tomorrow tends to be the longest day of the week for me. I gotta run two 3 hour tablet training sessions for people who've potentially never even used any kind of computer. Plus it's in Portishead for the next 2 Wednesdays (nicer building, much better facilities and tech than I normally get) which means I need to be up earlier than usual and then get me and 2 of my colleagues over there. Wednesday also tends to be the day when I pretty much don't post here at all from how mentally draining the training can be lol.

Hughesy said:
No work tomorrow, beer and finally getting around to watching season 4 of Prison Break B)
They actually got that far? Lol, I got halfway through season 2 and ended up never watching it again. 

Tomorrow tends to be the longest day of the week for me. I gotta run two 3 hour tablet training sessions for people who've potentially never even used any kind of computer. Plus it's in Portishead for the next 2 Wednesdays (nicer building, much better facilities and tech than I normally get) which means I need to be up earlier than usual and then get me and 2 of my colleagues over there. Wednesday also tends to be the day when I pretty much don't post here at all from how mentally draining the training can be lol.
I now hate you!  :p I love it, and actually met Wentworth Miller (Michael Scofield) 3 years ago in a bar in Paris. He's a really nice bloke considering he's an actor (maybe he was acting?) I didn't ask for an autograph or take a picture, as I knew if it was me and I was known I would bloody hate that. So I just shook his hand and said I loved his program and that was it :joy: 

PS season 2 was pretty crap, Season 1 was the best but season 4 is pretty darn good  ;)  Doesn't surprise me as you mostly watch people play games on YouTube 
  :p

Ooo I think I have figured something out halfway through S4, I'm sure I'm right and if I am it's awesome!

Hughesy said:
MBKF1 said:
Oh yeah about Silverstone @RevolvingPrawn and @Hughesy unfortunately I don't think I'm gonna be going now. The guy I was gonna go with now can't make it :/
Boo, that sucks, would have been nice to meet more forum members. Really excited though, this is my first BTCC race :)
You will love it :)

Hughesy said:
MBKF1 said:
Oh yeah about Silverstone @RevolvingPrawn and @Hughesy unfortunately I don't think I'm gonna be going now. The guy I was gonna go with now can't make it :/
Boo, that sucks, would have been nice to meet more forum members. Really excited though, this is my first BTCC race :)
Yeah it would have been so cool to meet you and Dave! After talking to you on here for 5 years it would have been awesome :p ah well I'm sure there'll be another opportunity some time.

Actually I've just realised, today is in fact my five year anniversary on the Codemasters Forums! I distinctly remember signing up on the 24th September 2010!