Jump to content Jump to content

MBKF1 said:
That's quite awkward that I wasn't aware she was a community manager in the first place.
neither did I. I wouldn't worry about it though. But I think it shows that CM need a plan of action and stick to it because it's starting to get ridiculous and it'll only hurt their reputation even more in the long run if they keep it up and their 20-30 years of making good quality games will come to an end. I don't want that to happen but we know they have been struggling of late so it does need straightening out and fast because it will if it isn't. Especially given there's swtill complaints about 2015 on the forums. I don't have any more complaints as the patches have fixed the issues I've had with it. Other than the occasional graphical glitch everything is running pretty smoothly on the game now.
Just been told I'm 90% likely to lose my job come the end of March, and the company I work for looks set to close down completely. 

Massively sucks, I actually like the job I do! Not likely to find anything similar in the local area.
That's awful bud, still as you told me when I cut down my hours, more time to play games. Obviously not a permanent solution, hopefully you find something else as I know you enjoy that job :(
Hughesy said:
Just been told I'm 90% likely to lose my job come the end of March, and the company I work for looks set to close down completely. 

Massively sucks, I actually like the job I do! Not likely to find anything similar in the local area.
That's awful bud, still as you told me when I cut down my hours, more time to play games. Obviously not a permanent solution, hopefully you find something else as I know you enjoy that job :(
All I've thought about so far, is that there's no way I'll be looking for another job teaching old people technology lol. As much as I do enjoy my job, it can be mind numbing having to shout the same thing at old people with hearing aids weekly :p 
Hughesy said:

All I've thought about so far, is that there's no way I'll be looking for another job teaching old people technology lol. As much as I do enjoy my job, it can be mind numbing having to shout the same thing at old people with hearing aids weekly :p 
Yeah I was offered something similar once before I worked for Kent County Council but I turned it down as teaching  never really appealed to me. I prefer work where I'm given a task and being left alone to get on with it.
Hughesy said:

Yeah I was offered something similar once before I worked for Kent County Council but I turned it down as teaching  never really appealed to me. I prefer work where I'm given a task and being left alone to get on with it.
That's how I used to be :p Then I found myself in a situation where I was offered a good opportunity to teach things I'm actually interested in, and found I was actually a lot better at it than I thought I would be :) But you just get used to it like any job dude. First time I taught a session I was pretty nervous and made lots of rubbish jokes. Now though it's just easy, and my rubbish jokes have been refined into slightly less rubbish jokes :p 

No idea what I'll do next, but thanks to this job I've gained a ton of experience that I never expected it to offer when I first started :) 

At that age I don't think I could have done that and then walked away, here's one example as to why. When I was 17 I was out with someone, she wasn't my girlfriend, just a mate. It pissed it down with rain so we went back to mine, threw the wet clothes in the tumble dryer and then went up to my room and went at it :joy: 
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic