Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Anyone else think the forums have died down since it opened?
GRID section is pretty busy, OT crowd are always about and the DiRT guys are busy racing. That plus a lack of F1 and the few bank holiday weekends close together have made it seem pretty quiet. 

Still early days yet, it'll pick up :)

Anyone else think the forums have died down since it opened?
GRID section is pretty busy, OT crowd are always about and the DiRT guys are busy racing. That plus a lack of F1 and the few bank holiday weekends close together have made it seem pretty quiet. 

Still early days yet, it'll pick up :)
yeah as you said but thrn Grid is bound to be busy right ynoe given you're just about to unleash a new one on the world :D

What annoyed me was Piers Morgam proving what a monumental bellend he is. Going on Twitter goading them into a response. Saying he'd do a better job than Clarkson and trying to claim the moral high ground. This coming from a man who hacked the mobile of a urdered schoolgirl then lied about it a decade later.

Guys, I need your help. I have to submit a powerpoint presentation next week and I want something, unique, unthought of, something which does not easily strike one's mind. My crush is doing one on phoenix bird and wants me to do something on either pyramid of Giza or something down that line. Any suggestions ?

Ron666 said:
Guys, I need your help. I have to submit a powerpoint presentation next week and I want something, unique, unthought of, something which does not easily strike one's mind. My crush is doing one on phoenix bird and wants me to do something on either pyramid of Giza or something down that line. Any suggestions ?
How about you do it on a plane which is being flown by sloths, and when it lands it turns into jelly. Then some men dressed as cheese come along and start kissing the jelly plane, before the fashion police come out of the ground and tell everyone to go and eat some printers, with loads of juicy wires inside them?

Ron666 said:
Do one about the moon landings. The fact that a modern calculator is more powerful than the computers onboard Apollo 11 still blows my mind.

Ron666 said:
Do any of your posts not include "your crush"?  :x

I didn't go to uni, and I turned out fine 8-}

It's not all it's cracked up to be anyway. My best friend has been at Edinburgh Uni doing International Business for the past 4 years, and every other day I get phones calls of him moaning that he's "had enough" and that he "gives up". He hates it lol. The only time he's not moaning about uni is when he's talking about coming back down during the breaks, and then when he gets here he moans about having to go back :p

I'm probably gonna go to uni/college.

I want to do graphic design or product design most likely, and a lot of places say doing a foundation diploma for a year is really useful, so while everyone will be going off to uni next year, I'll probably be spending another year at home as the place is only down the road from me. Then after that I will probably do my degree before going and getting myself a job :O

Skip straight to the job! You can earn money instead of having to pay it back for god knows how long, plus there's no homework!
True, but I think having a year doing the foundation is useful because
a) It's free!
b) It's another year at home
c) Gives me another year to think of exactly what area of art I want to do

I can't wait to get a job though. I mean, getting paid to work, and doing something you like too, that's awesome.