Jump to content Jump to content

I'm not even getting annoyed by all the hype about the new shiny thing. They disappear as quickly as they appeared.
The Minecraft hype died down, the WoW hype did, the MOBA most certainly did, and so will this one.
What do you mean the Minecraft hype died down? Pretty sure it's the biggest selling game ever, still as popular as ever, one of the biggest parts of YouTube gaming is Minecraft. Doubt that it's going to disappear any time soon.

Unless you mean people talking about it, then yeah it's not all over the internet because it's not brand new but it's still out there in a lot of places.
Platy said:
I'm not even getting annoyed by all the hype about the new shiny thing. They disappear as quickly as they appeared.
The Minecraft hype died down, the WoW hype did, the MOBA most certainly did, and so will this one.
What do you mean the Minecraft hype died down? Pretty sure it's the biggest selling game ever, still as popular as ever, one of the biggest parts of YouTube gaming is Minecraft. Doubt that it's going to disappear any time soon.

Unless you mean people talking about it, then yeah it's not all over the internet because it's not brand new but it's still out there in a lot of places.
That is precisely what I mean ;)

WoW and MOBA content is also easy to find, but the hype surrounding them did die down significantly. It's the same old story, and there is no point in getting annoyed about it. It did happen in the past, and it will happen in the future. The difference is nowadays you get even more bombardment thanks to the internet.
Just been reading articles about the stupid Pokemon game. Many have almost killed themselves playing while driving, it's like a new form of natural selection. I just hope innocent people don't get killed. 

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/pokemon-go-car-crash-362895
Platy said:
Breaking news - stupid people exist.

They'd end up killing themselves through texting or other use of their mobile phone if Pokemon Go hadn't been released.

think I noticed 1 or 2 inhabiting the F1 forum lately too. :p
Only 1 or 2?

I'm tempted to try and develop an app named "Save Stupid People GO" where it tracks people who are playing Pokemon GO and you follow them around waiting for them to do something stupid. Then you jump in and save their life just before they're obliterated by a bus after crossing the street and not looking because they're chasing a Puffy Wuffy thing.
Platy said:

They'd end up killing themselves through texting or other use of their mobile phone if Pokemon Go hadn't been released.

Only 1 or 2?

I'm tempted to try and develop an app named "Save Stupid People GO" where it tracks people who are playing Pokemon GO and you follow them around waiting for them to do something stupid. Then you jump in and save their life just before they're obliterated by a bus after crossing the street and not looking because they're chasing a Puffy Wuffy thing.

well (I don't want to write this whole forum off now do I :p I'd like to think at least some of it is salvageable.
Platy said:

Only 1 or 2?

You want to make an app to track people so you can follow them around? Either you're going to end up on a list or May is going to hire you to her government.
Platy said:
Platy said:

Only 1 or 2?

You want to make an app to track people so you can follow them around? Either you're going to end up on a list or May is going to hire you to her government.
Yea I told one of my work colleagues about my plan, he basically replied with "So you want to make an app to stalk people?". But it's stalking them for their own good!

Maybe I could still make the app, but sell it to governments instead...
My Facebook news feed the last couple of days:

New profile picture
Pokemon Go
So and so liked a video (of Pokemon Go)
So and so was tagged in a picture (of them looking for Pokemon)
New cover photo
Pokemon Go
So and so liked the page 'Pokemon Go'
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic