Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

I didn't go to uni, and I turned out fine 8-}

It's not all it's cracked up to be anyway. My best friend has been at Edinburgh Uni doing International Business for the past 4 years, and every other day I get phones calls of him moaning that he's "had enough" and that he "gives up". He hates it lol. The only time he's not moaning about uni is when he's talking about coming back down during the breaks, and then when he gets here he moans about having to go back :p
Tbh, there's not an awful lot to do in Edinburgh, and studying Business sounds pretty boring :L

Started looking at apprenticeships, although the good ones are all down South :/

It's not all it's cracked up to be anyway. My best friend has been at Edinburgh Uni doing International Business for the past 4 years, and every other day I get phones calls of him moaning that he's "had enough" and that he "gives up". He hates it lol. The only time he's not moaning about uni is when he's talking about coming back down during the breaks, and then when he gets here he moans about having to go back :p
Tbh, there's not an awful lot to do in Edinburgh, and studying Business sounds pretty boring :L

Started looking at apprenticeships, although the good ones are all down South :/
Lol, he actually lives in Glasgow with his girlfriend and has to travel to Edinburgh most days of the week. Probably even worse in Glasgow though right? :p I'm heading up there for a week on the 31st, recommend anything interesting to do in Scotland? Or is that a dumb question? ;)

Oh, and where down south?

Lol, he actually lives in Glasgow with his girlfriend and has to travel to Edinburgh most days of the week. Probably even worse in Glasgow though right? :p I'm heading up there for a week on the 31st, recommend anything interesting to do in Scotland? Or is that a dumb question? ;)

Oh, and where down south?
What sort of stuff are you wanting to do? And where you staying?

Staying in Glasgow and I'm into pretty much the stuff that most guys are only minus football :p 

First thing I'll be doing there though is going to see Godzilla. None of my friends down here are interested in it, only my best friend and my brother have the same movie taste as me and they both live hundreds of miles away :(

Staying in Glasgow and I'm into pretty much the stuff that most guys are only minus football :p 

First thing I'll be doing there though is going to see Godzilla. None of my friends down here are interested in it, only my best friend and my brother have the same movie taste as me and they both live hundreds of miles away :(
Oh god, not Glasgow........Hope you've got a stab proof vest :P

Nah, i don't really know Glasgow too well as i'm on the east side. The only things i'd say that are worthwhile through there is XSCAPE and maybe the Science Centre. The ice hockey is pretty good if its still on, its at Braehead but apart from that i'm not sure whats in Glasgow tbh, nothing really sticks out lol. I suppose theres M&D's theme park through in Motherwell.

There's probably Karting through there somewhere too :P

What the hell, there's another bank holiday on the 26th?! Sweet! Just cancelled my Watch Dogs pre-order and pre-ordered Watch Dogs special edition from Game :) Anybody pre-ordered with them before? I've always used ShopTo before.

And please God, please have Watch Dogs arrive on the Saturday before release date!

What the hell, there's another bank holiday on the 26th?! Sweet! Just cancelled my Watch Dogs pre-order and pre-ordered Watch Dogs special edition from Game :) Anybody pre-ordered with them before? I've always used ShopTo before.

And please God, please have Watch Dogs arrive on the Saturday before release date!
Got F1 2010 around 3 days late with F1 2010. 2011 two late with ShopTo, which arrived on a Sunday :?

EdMa said:

Got F1 2010 around 3 days late with F1 2010. 2011 two late with ShopTo, which arrived on a Sunday :?
Weird man, think I've probably pre-ordered 20+ games from ShopTo, all came a day early apart from Hitman Absolution which was about 2 days late.

No experience with Game though. I'm seriously hoping they take into account the bank holiday and get it out earlier than they normally would.

EdMa said:

Weird man, think I've probably pre-ordered 20+ games from ShopTo, all came a day early apart from Hitman Absolution which was about 2 days late.

No experience with Game though. I'm seriously hoping they take into account the bank holiday and get it out earlier than they normally would.
Game usually get things out on time but then I've rarely had trouble with pre orders myself as I've had games arrive 2 days in advance before  the only preorder I remember having preorder issues with was when I ordered F1 2011 from HMV and that arrived 5 days late in facxct I turned to Amazon when I realised HMV were taking their time and that still managed to beat the HMV order