Jump to content Jump to content

Hughesy said:
But now it's going to find its way down in the night and crawl onto your face while you sleep, get out whilst you still can!
It's safe to assume Dave did indeed die in the night, I will pay my respects with a minutes silence. Either that or when the spider attacked him he turned into Spiderman....
Not quite as scary, but I went in my loft to get my Christmas tree, and I found a huge queen wasp. I thought it was dead, poked it and it started moving really slowly. It was obviously hibernating so she was probably pissed I woke her, I wish I had my phone on me because it was massive, but I can only manage one trip to the loft because my body is broken. Ironically it was on an old motherboard
Hughesy said:
Not quite as scary, but I went in my loft to get my Christmas tree, and I found a huge queen wasp. I thought it was dead, poked it and it started moving really slowly. It was obviously hibernating so she was probably pissed I woke her, I wish I had my phone on me because it was massive, but I can only manage one trip to the loft because my body is broken. Ironically it was on an old motherboard
Nope. That's a hell of a lot worse! You should probably also get rid of that, it'll form a nest in the summer and then you're screwed.

Also why are people putting their trees up so late? :P 
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
Nope. That's a hell of a lot worse! You should probably also get rid of that, it'll form a nest in the summer and then you're screwed.

No way is that worse. Imagine that giant spider mating with another giant spider, then their giant babies are start making giant webs in the rafters, and the moment you open the hatch, even before turning on the light, you're covered in giant baby spiders and being bitten non-stop. The only way out would be self-immolation.

Substitute the attic for a barn and you have the ending of Arachnophobia right there lol.

And we're doing our trees late because we're the people who complain about those weirdo's who start putting up decorations in November :p
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:

No way is that worse. Imagine that giant spider mating with another giant spider, then their giant babies are start making giant webs in the rafters, and the moment you open the hatch, even before turning on the light, you're covered in giant baby spiders and being bitten non-stop. The only way out would be self-immolation.

Substitute the attic for a barn and you have the ending of Arachnophobia right there lol.

And we're doing our trees late because we're the people who complain about those weirdo's who start putting up decorations in November :p
So much truth spoken in one post. For the record I did kill it. I had a wasp nest in my loft years ago and it was a bitch to get rid of, but giant killer man eating spiders are so much worse.

Yep, I don't understand all the fuss over Christmas myself, people that put decorations and lights up in November need to be shot. 2 doors down from me this women took down her Halloween decorations and put her Christmas ones up right after, in OCTOBER.... It's meant to start 2 weeks before.
Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:

So much truth spoken in one post. For the record I did kill it. I had a wasp nest in my loft years ago and it was a **** to get rid of, but giant killer man eating spiders are so much worse.

Yep, I don't understand all the fuss over Christmas myself, people that put decorations and lights up in November need to be shot. 2 doors down from me this women took down her Halloween decorations and put her Christmas ones up right after, in OCTOBER.... It's meant to start 2 weeks before.
For me Christmas decs can go up at the beginning of advent, which this year was the last Sunday in November. We always put ours up first weekend of December.
I know this isn't the football thread, but I think this is worthy of being posted here. If you follow football, you've probably heard of Bradley Lowery, a five-year-old Sunderland fan suffering from Neuroblastoma cancer which sadly is likely to be fatal. His dream in life was to score a goal for Sunderland, so at the match tonight he scored past Chelsea's Asmir Begovic. It was a really nice moment to watch and both sets of players were fantastic with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IZhOu7xclw&feature=youtu.be

We usually put ours u pon the 13th or the closest we can to it as that's when they're supposed to go up although we postponed putting up my tree because I had people in my house today putting up hoists in my bedroom and bathroom to make it easier for me to transfer because my foot hasn't got really any better since the summer and it's starting to affect my ability to transfer from chair to bed and all that. Also with mum getting older it's getting harder for her t ohelp me as well so we had to look at our options and get some hoists fitted. Still need to wait for the sling part that goes around me but the hoist system itself is set up and ready to go. The plan at the moment though is to put my tree up tomorrow I think.

Thought I'd get in the Christmas spirit and install a special Christmas theme for my Z5. All icons are changed, app icons have snow on them and there's dynamic snow falling even whilst using Twitter or using web browser. It's pretty cool, but no doubt it's going to drain my battery. Stuff like this isn't possible when using Apple devices
Hughesy said:
Thought I'd get in the Christmas spirit and install a special Christmas theme for my Z5. All icons are changed, app icons have snow on them and there's dynamic snow falling even whilst using Twitter or using web browser. It's pretty cool, but no doubt it's going to drain my battery. Stuff like this isn't possible when using Apple devices
I'm doing that with my YouTube videos. Changing my intro to something that has a snow on text effect.

Also why I don't use my phone a lot. Windows for the win!

That and making Star Wars opening title crawls for my friends who have watched Rogue One. which contains their review in it
If you guys haven't watched the series Mr Robot you really should. I went into it thinking it would just be a teen series following hacking groups, but it's really not. It is the most mind bending series I have ever watched, especially by season 2. Just when you think you have something worked out, you haven't, just when you think you're seeing the full picture you're not.
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic