Jump to content Jump to content

Just got the results back from my MRI scan. It's not as serious as I feared it could be but at least I now know what the problem is. I have a hairline fracture on my talus bone it's a bone the connects the leg and foot together. I'm going to be referred for a splint for it but hopefully that should be it after that. God I hate my broken body.
Hughesy said:
I feel your pain SJ, literally, I'm off work due to my back :( You and I should start a gaming clan call The Broken Body :joy:
Indeed thankfully it's my bad leg so the problems not quite so intrusive in that I can't do anything it's just painful when transferring and moving about too much. When I'm just laying on my bed or playing games on my PC I don't feel it too much. I am relieved in one way as now I at least know what the problem is it's just a case of finding a solution to deal with it.
Booked my car for a service. I've told them to fix my rear left tyre issue because it's so unlikely I'd pick up a slow puncture twice. I got a nice surprise though, they are going to do a software update for my DSG gearbox. Reading about it, it seems I won't need to use sport if I want better ratios. 
It's not often I recommend a book, or ever, but if you have any interest in Dark Souls you should read this. It's already filled in a lot of blanks for me, it's great 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01ED96ZVG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487179146&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=you+died+the+dark+souls+companion&dpPl=1&dpID=51GFdmgsdcL&ref=plSrch
I've been test driving a couple of cars over the weekend as I look to replace my trusty Saxo. Drove a Skoda Citigo yesterday but I think it's too small. I drove a Seat Ibiza today and I love it, going to look at one tomorrow with a 1.4l engine, climate control, cruise control and a bunch of other stuff.
Hughesy said:
The Ibiza is a great small car. Never had one but I have driven one. It doesn't quite have the quality of a Golf, but they can be had for a decent price :)
My neighbour has one and loves it. I'm not fussed about Golf quality, just about anything is a step up from what I have :p. The garage seems to have a decent deal on for it as well as it's a Seat dealership, hopefully I can haggle a good part ex price.
So my next door neighbour that I hate has something else to annoy me in his garden. It's a battery powered frog, literally just makes frog noises and is proper annoying. If I was mobile I'd hope over the fence and smash the thing, the bloke is such a prick. 
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic