Jump to content Jump to content

Hughesy said:
What in your car? Not good :#

I'm sat in a nice air conditioned room B)
Yeah, it's been 25 degrees all week and I haven't had any AC! It's not getting fixed till the 8th either, fortunately I'm away next week and won't need the car!
So I don't know what I've done, but over the last hour my knee started hurting and has swelled up to twice as big as normal. Hurts like hell, I'll have to grit my teeth until I can see a doctor, as no way am I going to hospital tonight. 
Hope it's alright dude!

I only recently discovered this, but the air con in my car doesn't actually work properly. I only realised this after going in my Dad's car a couple of months ago (remember those 2 really hot days in April), and saying to him 'gosh, I wish the air con in my car was as strong as this'.

Turns out my one just pushes out some kinda cool air, it should be properly blowing out cold air! 

I remember last summer I drove to a shopping centre about an hour away, and it was a sweltering day. I had my 'air con' on full but when I got there my shirt was still soaked from sweat anyway. Not nice. It was so bad I ended up having to buy the cheapest t-shirt I could find from Primark and changed into it in the toilets. Nightmare.
Cheers bud. 

Yea that's the general idea of air conditioning, it should come out ice cold :p Thankfully the air con in my room and car work gloriously B) whilst playing my PC this room would be like a sauna, but it's a nice comfortable 21c.
Nothing like having a argument with your neighbour in the morning. Seriously this guy is the biggest prick in the world. He made a snide remark after walking past me, as he doesn't have the balls to say anything to peoples faces. 
So it's not just 101 Dalmatians May wants to kill, she's fine with killing 100,000 innocent men, women and children. I thought I couldn't despise her anymore, what a horrible person she is... 

https://twitter.com/KieranHarris7/status/868835665001185280
Hughesy said:
So it's not just 101 Dalmatians May wants to kill, she's fine with killing 100,000 innocent men, women and children. I thought I couldn't despise her anymore, what a horrible person she is... 

https://twitter.com/KieranHarris7/status/868835665001185280
I'm mixed about trident. I look at the world and think we need nuclear weapons, then I think that actually they're only going to kill civilians more than the actual enemy government. I also look at it and think that, if I was PM (which I never will be!), I wouldn't press the button, just like Corbyn won't.

I'm voting Lib Dem anyway, but I guess I reflect Corbyn on this one.
I don't get why you 2 are getting worked up... As she said it's a detterent. And I'd rather have someone in charge who's willing to use that detterent rather than not.

Say for instance North Korea fires a nuke at us. There's a good chance we'll actually be able to take it out of the sky before it reaches us, but the fact is, they fired at us. So as far as I'm concerned they are fair game for having one sent back in their direction.

If we had a leader who wouldn't send one back, I'd be extremely concerned for the safety and security of my country.
No, she literally said she has no issue with killing 100,000 innocent men, women and children, in what way is that OK? Anyone that thinks that is fine is as evil as she is. You really think people attacking us will care about those people? That makes her no better than others that have killed innocent people.... 
Hughesy said:
No, she literally said she has no issue with killing 100,000 innocent men, women and children, in what way is that OK? Anyone that thinks that is fine is as evil as she is. You really think people attacking us will care about those people? That makes her no better than others that have killed innocent people.... 
It's all about the context bud. She's not gonna willy nilly throw a nuke at 100,000 people just cos she feels like it.

Don't forget that America did it twice. And they killed anywhere from 129,000 to 226,000 innocent men, women and children. But do you think it was the wrong thing to do? How about if that had been us doing it against the Nazi's instead?

Yes, I'd feel bad for the people who died just because the leaders of their countries are dicks. But if that country has attacked us, and it's progressed to the point that nuking the enemy would stop more war, I'd rather have someone who has the fortitude to go through with it then someone who'd lay down and let more of our own people die, either soldiers or civilians.

The funny thing about this is that I don't like either Corbyn or May particularly :p So I'm not defending her in particular, just that I think I'd have answered in a similar manner to how she did.
Always a good philosophy discussion. If there was a missile coming with the potential to kill 500,000 people but it could be stopped by pressing the button and killing 100,000, would you do it? I have to believe that May or even Trump aren't psychopaths and would never order a first strike, so her answer would imply she would only act in retaliation. Anyone care to give the full context instead of just cherrypicking the quote?
The whole point of the United Kingdom's nuclear weapons program is that it's purely for deterrence. It's probably one of, if not, the most 'peaceful' nuclear weapons programs in the world, however if you straight up refuse to say you'll use it, it becomes pointless. That question was clearly for political points, because if she answered no she'd be labeled as weak, and from what I understand from UK politics people are sick of her not answering questions, so she couldn't really side step it. 

The whole idea of peace in the 21st century is a fantastic idea, and one that we should all strive towards, but the reality is that's not going to happen for a long time. We have the nuclear program of North Korea becoming a ever bigger threat every day, the India-Pakistan border becoming more hostile, and the big '3' (Russia, China, U.S.A) using any chance they can get to show off their muscles. I hate to admit it, but I think from an international standpoint, her answer was the right answer. 
Just signed on the dotted line for this :)

Just gonna copy and paste some of the features I like about it, looking forward to picking it up!

Bluetooth system, Cruise control + speed limiter, Air conditioning, Speed sensitive power steering, Trip computer, 6 speakers, Touchscreen controls for audio system, USB connection, LED daytime running lights, Heated steering wheel, Heated front driver and passenger seats, Heated door mirrors, Electric adjustable door mirrors, Electric front windows/one touch facility, Height adjustable driver's seat.
All because of me lol, nah glad you went for it bud  :) I'm getting heated seats when I get a new car in December. Heated wheel is a good idea. When you take Martin you should crank his seat heater up really high just for lolz  :p
Same dude, I've been eyeing that car up for the last few days and there's nothing that comes close in terms of spec for the price from any other manufacturer. Just made sense to go for it :) Haha, that'll be perfect timing on getting yours then :p I'm looking forward to when it gets cold so I can try out all the heated stuff. And for those who don't know, Martin is my best friend and I'm definitely gonna be putting the passenger seat heater on when he gets in :D
Certainly did, it has a lot of kit for the price. Haha it hadn't occurred to me that December is indeed the perfect time to have heated seats, I'll be nice and warm driving home. 
I wish I could see his reaction when you do that to the seat :joy:
This is pretty disgusting. The police seriously need to be trained to deal with people detained under the mental health act, sadly under the Conservative government cuts have been made leading to horrible stuff like this. If the guy punched a police officer he'd go to jail. Just to be clear, the guy wasn't arrested, he was detained for his and others safety... 

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/870291581580046336
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic