Jump to content Jump to content

Hughesy said:
When I went to school there was literally no education on politics, so it's no wonder so many don't take an interest...

First past the post totally needs to go, but will the two big parties ever agree to it.
yeah I don't think we had any really at my school either although I think we did kind of play at it once if I remember but I don't remember much of what we did as it was quite some time ago .I do agree though in that I doubt any of the big parties would agree to it plus I think the majority of democratic counrties I think use that system anyway. But after last night I've got to agree that May is on her last legs and won't last much longer. (So much for Thatcher's second coming. :p ) In fact I can see the Conservatives possibly calling for a new leader maybe before the year is out. I have to admit though I was surprised by yesterdays result as I'm not that impressed by Corbyn but under the circumstances he's done better than expected.
The thing I'm surprised no one has picked up on is that this coalition would massively undermine the Good Friday Agreement. The British government is meant to remain neutral in regards to the Unionist and Republican issues of Northern Ireland. By making a deal with the DUP they're further jeopardising a process that took nearly eighty years to resolve.

That and it's also a bit rich of May to criticise Corbyn of being a "terrorist sympathiser" when she's now (on top of blatantly funding Islamic terrorism by selling weapons to Saudis) openly supported a party that is not only accepting support and donations from Loyalist paramilitaries but also employing disgusting bastards like Jeffery Donaldson who have no qualms about being part of an organisation that calls gunning down innocent people "serving their country".
Mexicola said:
The thing I'm surprised no one has picked up on is that this coalition would massively undermine the Good Friday Agreement. The British government is meant to remain neutral in regards to the Unionist and Republican issues of Northern Ireland. By making a deal with the DUP they're further jeopardising a process that took nearly eighty years to resolve.

That and it's also a bit rich of May to criticise Corbyn of being a "terrorist sympathiser" when she's now (on top of blatantly funding Islamic terrorism by selling weapons to Saudis) openly supported a party that is not only accepting support and donations from Loyalist paramilitaries but also employing disgusting bastards like Jeffery Donaldson who have no qualms about being part of an organisation that calls gunning down innocent people "serving their country".

in fairness there I think she was stuck between a rock and a hard place though as it was either take a risk on that or accept defeat and I don't think her fellow Tories would have liked her accepting defeat and I'm not sure she liked the idea either. Either situation is bad for her and she knows it. She I think is just going to hope this'll  be the lesser of the 2 evils because it's all she can do and just take the flak that comes off of it.
We haven't heard the end of this yet. May isn't going to last five years and I dare say this parliament won't either. Theresa May will go down as the worst PM in UK history and I hope we can get the liberal alliance in as soon as possible. With a Tory/DUP brexit the country will be ruined by 2022.

On the plus side, if things stay as they are then Labour are guaranteed victory in 2022.
Mexicola said:

in fairness there I think she was stuck between a rock and a hard place though as it was either take a risk on that or accept defeat and I don't think her fellow Tories would have liked her accepting defeat and I'm not sure she liked the idea either. Either situation is bad for her and she knows it. She I think is just going to hope this'll  be the lesser of the 2 evils because it's all she can do and just take the flak that comes off of it.
That doesn't justify getting into bed with a party with a dark history of blatant corruption and sectarianism.
Mexicola said:
Mexicola said:

That doesn't justify getting into bed with a party with a dark history of blatant corruption and sectarianism.
Maybe not but it's the choice they've made. Besides I don't expect this alliance will likely last long anyway. It's likely a stop gap measure till the tories can find a way to dig themselves out of the hole they've just found themselves in.
Oh dear Richard Hammond has had a major crash again. I blame it on bring a electric powered car, because obviously.
http://news.sky.com/story/ex-top-gear-star-richard-hammond-in-hospital-after-car-crash-report-10911123

https://twitter.com/thegrandtour/status/873576371179708419

These two responses made me smile though,

https://twitter.com/justa_ride/status/873576959351107584
https://twitter.com/itsmeronant/status/873578479547289602
Having a headache that is so bad it makes you vomit isn't good :s I seriously think someone could hit me over the head with a sledge hammer and it would be less painful. Really shouldn't be looking a computer screen should I, not had one this bad for quite a while.
Hughesy said:
Having a headache that is so bad it makes you vomit isn't good :s I seriously think someone could hit me over the head with a sledge hammer and it would be less painful. Really shouldn't be looking a computer screen should I, not had one this bad for quite a while.

sounds like you've got a migraine. I used to get headaches like that not so much any more though. My trick for dealing with the,m was just to sleep it off.
Yep, but I get them regularly although not always sick. I got told a few years ago it was because I suffered so many concessions as a teenager mainly because of extreme sports, if I could go back I'd tell myself to wear a helmet, but I was never scared of hurting myself.
Edit: The headache is back and bad, trying to get to sleep when I have to get up in 6 hours time should be fun.....

So my MP (who follows me on Twitter and is a conservative) claims on expenses for some rather shader stuff. They have the cheek to bang on about people on benefits, yet he claimed £72,000 in a year on top of what he's paid, one claim I found was for Amazon Prime....

Not so sure myself, as other MP's who got caught claiming for said "it was a mistake" lol, as I said it's not the only dodgy thing considering how much he has claimed for a small  constituency. He was also one of the MPs who was under investigation for over spending on his election campaign. I drive past his mansion every day on the way to work.
You're probably right to be honest mate, wouldn't surprise me at all if they're doing dodgy stuff like that all the time. There is many products you could label "business expenditure" if you think hard enough for a reason to need it. But I think its fair to look at these types of things and consider the alternative reasons! 

Keep it on the road? It was a planned attack. Why is it when a "Muslim" does something it's terrorism, but when a white person does the same its a lone wolf crazy person.

Tomorrow I'm actually going to watch Good Morning Britain even though I had Morgan, but watching him lay into Tommy Robinson will give me great pleasure. That guy is just as bad as Terrorists, he insistes violence, it shocks me that someone from this forum actually retweets and likes him.
Hughesy said:
Keep it on the road? It was a planned attack. Why is it when a "Muslim" does something it's terrorism, but when a white person does the same its a lone wolf crazy person.

Tomorrow I'm actually going to watch Good Morning Britain even though I had Morgan, but watching him lay into Tommy Robinson will give me great pleasure. That guy is just as bad as Terrorists, he insistes violence, it shocks me that someone from this forum actually retweets and likes him.
I know that's what I meant
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic