Jump to content Jump to content

Got partially-wavy tonight, so I will start my Stuff Thread summary by going through the first page of the thread.

- Welcome to new forums, Rohan topless picture, Herby returns (P1)
- Feedback on new forums, PC shizzle discussion (P2/3)

I'm bored now, will do the next 344 pages soon.

Anyone watching the Tour de France? If you are and haven't seen what's going on, I'll whack my comment in a spoiler.

While the crash today was terrible and Sagan was wrong to stick his elbow out, I really think disqualifying him outright from the race is a bit much. He wasn't the proper cause of the accident, he was reacting to the other rider coming across, and you can tell part of the elbow was for stability. I think the original 30 second penalty + exclusion from the stage was suitable.
Disqualifying him is only going to hurt the Tour de France as a brand too. Sagan is the most exciting rider on the whole tour, a world champion, an all-round brilliant rider. They can't afford not to have him!

MBKF1 said:
Anyone watching the Tour de France? If you are and haven't seen what's going on, I'll whack my comment in a spoiler.

While the crash today was terrible and Sagan was wrong to stick his elbow out, I really think disqualifying him outright from the race is a bit much. He wasn't the proper cause of the accident, he was reacting to the other rider coming across, and you can tell part of the elbow was for stability. I think the original 30 second penalty + exclusion from the stage was suitable.
Disqualifying him is only going to hurt the Tour de France as a brand too. Sagan is the most exciting rider on the whole tour, a world champion, an all-round brilliant rider. They can't afford not to have him!

I agree disqualification from the stage and some penalty points for the green jersey competition would have been enough.
MBKF1 said:

Bullcrap, you're  telling me this wasn't on purpose? It had nothing to do with other riders, look how much room he has on his left, it was a disgraceful move. It doesn't matter if Sagan is a big name, he can't be given special treatment, otherwise they end up looking like the FIA and Ferrari  ;)

https://twitter.com/max_wardley/status/882258020322992130
Think I'm going to buy a 4K TV soon, even though my current TV isn't even a year old. I rushed to buy one after my last one blew up, but very much regret buying another 1080P TV. I'd also use it for my PC, I wanted to get a nice Gsync monitor, but the prices are insane. So I'd replace my monitor and TV, which would also give me more room.
So today my mum was traveling up to Yorkshire for a small holiday, she was 40 miles away when she had a car accident. Her brakes completely failed, she had her foot to the floor on the brakes and the car didn't slow down, she went into the back of another car. Thankfully everyone is ok which is the main thing, but it's very worrying that a 6 month old VW Golf brakes failed.....
My dogs are hilarious. So my eldest dog is unwell and on antibiotics, but my youngest wanted to play. He kept running up to him, stamping his paws, barking and then running away. He did this about 10 times, then finally my old dog reacted and the pup ran away fast, he knows who the boss is :joy:
Hughesy said:
My dogs are hilarious. So my eldest dog is unwell and on antibiotics, but my youngest wanted to play. He kept running up to him, stamping his paws, barking and then running away. He did this about 10 times, then finally my old dog reacted and the pup ran away fast, he knows who the boss is :joy:
it's good that someone does :p
fIsince08 said:
The noise out of my bedroom window at the moment is currently a rather odd mix of the Little Mix concert and a hedge cutter.
The hedge cutter sounds like the preferable one of the two.
Ha, apparently the concert was absolutely shocking too. Hopefully, we can get someone good back, we've gone from Elton John and Madness to Bryan Adams and Little Mix recently!

Not sure if I mentioned it previously, but I'm going to my first ever live concert in February. Rend Collective (a Christian worship band who are awesome) are doing a tour and going to Newcastle, can't wait!
Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
RIP Doctor Who

1963-1989-1996-2005-2017  
Bit of an overreaction. The Dr changes to different people all the time, so changing sex isn't really a big deal. I don't watch it, but I'm enjoying the reaction on Twitter.
IMO it should always be a male character though. You aren't going to get Emma Watson playing Jamie Bond, are you? I'll give her a chance but I disagree with the decision. It's come too soon if they were going to do it as we just had a female Master, but it's just been done for political correctness anyway.
fIsince08 said:
IMO it should always be a male character though. You aren't going to get Emma Watson playing Jamie Bond, are you? I'll give her a chance but I disagree with the decision. It's come too soon if they were going to do it as we just had a female Master, but it's just been done for political correctness anyway.
Very big difference between Doctor Who and James Bond. And how on earth does this have anything to do with political correctness? People need to stop throwing that phrase around, it doesn't mean anything anymore.
Mexicola said:
fIsince08 said:
Very big difference between Doctor Who and James Bond. And how on earth does this have anything to do with political correctness? People need to stop throwing that phrase around, it doesn't mean anything anymore.
Exactly. James Bond is the same character, just with different people playing him. Doctor Who is a character that morphs into different people, big difference. I'm not sure either what it has to do with political correctness, have you been reading The Daily Mail a lot later Chris?  ;)

Onto something more exciting, did you know there's a lightbulb that has been lit since 1901, it's the old style bulb (obviously) which lasted like 5 minutes when I used them in my house.....
fIsince08 said:
Did you just assume their gender?! :open_mouth:
MBKF1 said:
fIsince08 said:
Did you just assume their gender?! :open_mouth:
Nope, described in show as "lady version" :p 
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic