Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Hughesy said:
@fIsince08 I see Mercedes are visiting, I bet Hamilton didn't show up though :joy:

https://twitter.com/mercedesamgf1/status/887722619545563140
It's been amazing, Merc had a show car here and gave me a business card for placements next year and James Allison and Andrew Shovlin have been doing the rounds, gutted I didn't get to talk to them!

Turns out Lance Stroll has also been testing the Williams today, they also had a show car.

EDIT: It was a bit weird with James Allison, I did a double take and he noticed so it was just sort of a knowing smile between the two of us.

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
RIP Doctor Who

1963-1989-1996-2005-2017  
Bit of an overreaction. The Dr changes to different people all the time, so changing sex isn't really a big deal. I don't watch it, but I'm enjoying the reaction on Twitter.
IMO it should always be a male character though. You aren't going to get Emma Watson playing Jamie Bond, are you? I'll give her a chance but I disagree with the decision. It's come too soon if they were going to do it as we just had a female Master, but it's just been done for political correctness anyway.
Maybe not but I read not that long ago that the creators of the James Bond Films are considering doing a female version. It won't be James Bond but a female James Bond type character

First day driving the racing car today. Did a 75 metre acceleration run from a standing start on the national start finish straight followed by a figure of eight on one of the old runways. Such a good experience and it's the first time Sunderland has competed on a Saturday for a decade!

GKN are one of the sponsors of the event and are running a live stream on their YouTube page. As a result, our team has been interviewed 4 times by them.

I was interviewed before I did my first run and the interviewer was Andy Jaye! I don't realise it until afterwards. I'll post the video when I get home.

Nice one mate! I've grown to quite like Andy Jaye's broadcasting, he has quite a soft tone to his voice, but he's clearly passionate about everything to do with motorsport! Looking forward to seeing the video. 

Back from Silverstone after a mega week! We came 46th out of 78 teams which is a solid job. Last year we completed just 2 laps of the endurance, this year we ran in every qualifying event and completed 15 of the 22 endurance laps unil we suffered an engine failure.

Here is the video of my interview by the Andy Jaye lookalike: https://youtu.be/CWf_LvONk_U?t=4h8m48s

Ah it didn't work for me for some reason, but nice interview!

I love the look of these cars. I don't know why, but part of me would like this sort of design to be the new look of go-karts. In the last 25 years or so (maybe even longer), karts have changed hardly at all in terms of design. I know it's because they're entry level and so are deliberately kept simple, but I'd love to see an evolution.

Also I can imagine they're far safer like this, due to the roll hoop above the driver, plus seat belts. I'd like to see it happen!

I was going through my Facebook page earlier just tidying it up, getting rid of terrible photos, etc, and I went back to 2011 when I first signed up.

Bloody hell, the sh*t I posted back then. Just a total cringe fest going back through it all.

Probably the same if I went back to the old forums and looked at my posts from back in 2010 / 2011. I was only 14, flippin heck.

@MBKF1 I can see your point (and I also love the look of the cars) but they're way too big and complex to be a go kart. They're actually designed to be the next stage up for a karting champ.

They aren't that much harder to drive than a kart but do pull some higher g forces.

So by 2040 the government will ban pertrol/diesel engines  :( Electric cars need to come a long way before I consider getting one. Range and charge times are the main thing that need to be improved. Also what will happen to classic cars, will fuel still be available? The power grid in the U.K. is already stretched, so how they are going to cope with that many electric cars all needing to be charged I don't know.

22 years is still a long time, I'm sure the tech will advance enormously in that time so the batteries will last for a long time.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to use classic cars so fuel will be available. But what about new supercars? I assume that all supercars and sports cars are gonna have to be electric as well, which will be terrible really.

And what about motorsport? Is that gonna have to go all electric now? I hope not, but I assume it will have to to keep the manufacturers happy.

Thing is it's not as if electric cars are as green as companies like to pretend they are.
https://www.wired.com/2016/03/teslas-electric-cars-might-not-green-think/

I still think hybrids should be the future, not just electric. When batteries drain they eventually stop holding charge, especially high drain batteries like in cars. The government already say the grid is near capacity, so I can't wait to see how they deal with millions of cars all needing to charge. It's not as if they've been wrong about certain power being green, it wasn't long ago they told everyone to get diesel as it's less harmful to the environment, now diesel is bad....