Jump to content Jump to content

He’s what I’d call a militant motorcyclist judging by his Facebook. One of his posts said cars ignore motorbikes and they need to pay attention more. Well if he didn’t ride like a dick and overtake on a road where it wasn’t allowed the accident would have never happened...
So a few days ago my  solicitor was going to try one last time to reach a deal with the other party, but as I haven’t heard anything I’m presuming it’s going to court. What a fun day that’s going to be, would have been a nice early Christmas present if it didn’t go to court. Didn’t really think a deal would be agreed considering what this guy is like.
Loved the first Grand Tour episode, I’m glad they aren’t doing the whole tent on tour thing anymore. The only thing I hated was the celebrity section, honestly preferred celebrity brain crash as it only lasted a few minutes. It’s a shame they didn’t show the crash onboard though. James May is morphing into Clarkson with that haircut...
Also preferred the original theme music to what it is now.
Hughesy said:
Loved the first Grand Tour episode, I’m glad they aren’t doing the whole tent on tour thing anymore. The only thing I hated was the celebrity section, honestly preferred celebrity brain crash as it only lasted a few minutes. It’s a shame they didn’t show the crash onboard though. James May is morphing into Clarkson with that haircut...
Also preferred the original theme music to what it is now.
They would've, but the camera and footage was burned in the wreckage.
Hughesy said:
How is that true? They had onboard footage all the way up, if it was destroyed then all of it would have been.
I hadn't watched it when I wrote it, but I did read that the footage was destroyed in the wreckage, maybe the camera was destroyed by the rolls?
Oh joy I have a dent on the edge of my car door. Went to open it at a petrol station, there was a massive gust of wind which blew it open and I couldn’t hold it, it smacked into the metal part behind the pump.... Nothing is going right for me at the moment, my new car is delayed because VW are useless.
That is quite a bummer.

I also had my own drama today. I was making myself a chicken pie with vegetables for my lunch, and when I went to drain my veg, I somehow ended up tipping the entire pan full of carrots, broccoli and greens into the dirty sink water.

:( I was really looking forward to that as well
Going to get blind drunk tomorrow night so I can forget about my court case Tuesday. First though I need to contact my solicitor, as I still don’t have a time for when it is on Tuesday which seems bonkers to me. 

Update: Spent £30 on beer, time to get smashed, also bought some rum as I haven’t had any for years.
Today is the day, I go to court at 11am. I’m feeling weirdly relaxed after seeing his statement, firstly it’s not court compliant. It has to be typed out, which it is but he’s crossed loads out and and hand written on it which isn’t allowed, so his case could get thrown out. Then in another section he totally contradicts himself, he also admits to overtaking traffic, seemingly unaware it’s illegal to do so on this particular road. I’ll update later, I’m excited to finally get it over with.  

Edit: It’s over, I’m happy and angry. So I’d been waiting for about 30mis whilst talking to my barrister and he was doing the same. Then suddenly I was offered 50/50 deal, that was the best he could hope for,  but I accepted it as I’m not driven by money and just wanted it over. I’m angry as just after the crash I asked my insurance to offer him 50/50 as I wanted to deal with it quickly and move on. He then had the balls afterwards to come up to me and say “Sorry this has dragged on, it wasn’t my faulty it has” Uhh it was as he brought me here and refused to accept any offer. Barrister, solicitor and judge were all angry because he had been offered deals before but refused. 
I could have easily won, but I wanted to end it and move on.  Now on Friday I pickup my new Golf, so something to look forward to.
Got my new car, it’s awesome! I kept thinking the car wasn’t on, as it’s so quiet compared to the diesel version, the speed of it amazing. I haven’t got pictures of the outside, as it’s dark. But here’s two inside, it has a G-force meter and lap times in case I want to do some racing lol.

Im going to go for a nice drive tomorrow. Also the dealer came with me and filled the car up for free which was nice of him. I finally have myself a red car haha.
Just the new VW Golf in red. I will take some in the morning, this is the 3rd Golf in a row, and this is by far the best one. Saying that though I got to sit in an unreleased VW called T-Roc, it’s like a Golf in a SUV shape but isn’t huge. If it was released when I was ordering I might have bought that.
I’m yet to take a picture, simply because it’s pissing it down outside lol. Connected my phone to the car with Android Auto, it’s bloody awesome. I simply said take me to McDonald’s and it set the route, I didn’t need it but was just trying it out. I can also use my voice to play a specific song or artist, I love technology. The funny thing is, to unlock voice control for my car I have to pay, yet I have no need for it with Android Auto. Also there’s a hill in Yeovil just after coming off a roundabout and it’s 60mph, compared to my diesel Golf I got to 60 like 3 seconds faster.
The only sad thing is I could afford to get the new all digital dashboard as it was nearly £1000, hopefully it’s either standard or cheaper when I get my next car. I wanted to go for a long drive this morning, but the roads are packed so there was no point. I’m so happy that the court case is over and the car I was in I don’t have anymore, feels like a fresh start.
I’ve got to brave it and go into Tesco in a bit, think I’ll need some body armor....  :#

Update: Tesco wasn’t that busy surprisingly. 
Also VW could have told me the new key fob partially opens the boot with one of the buttons, so I was doing 60mph and suddenly I had a giant rear wing as my boot opened :joy:
And to you.

I was in desperate need of a new chair after my recliner broke. So I went for something different, Yea it has PlayStation branding but is really comfortable. What I didn’t realise is it has vibration motors inside, so my recliner was breaking my back, this one is giving it a massage lol
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7245428
Currently playing Rocket League and getting a back massage.

Hughesy said:
I’ve got to brave it and go into Tesco in a bit, think I’ll need some body armor....  :#

Update: Tesco wasn’t that busy surprisingly. 
Also VW could have told me the new key fob partially opens the boot with one of the buttons, so I was doing 60mph and suddenly I had a giant rear wing as my boot opened :joy:
Soyou've got your own version of the DRS. Nice :p
  • UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic