Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Annoying con man: Hello sir, we've been going through our records and we've noticed you are entitled to up to £5,000! Could we just have your name, address and credit card details please?
Me: Okay then, I am Chief Constable Matt, and my addr.....

They hang up.

Ron666 said:
What purpose does it serve though ?
It distinguishes voters from non voters or in other words, real Indians from phonies(not my making though).
So until now you've been a phony Indian? I guess that makes me a phony Englishman then, 26 and never voted. I have zero interest in politics, it's all just rich men trying to become richer.

Nah like I said, it ain't my making, just saying what the society thinks over here. Although I personally do not believe in crap like that, in my opinion, people are free to choose whether they wanna vote or not(if they are eligible). Those who feel like they can contribute to the country, they may vote and those who simply wanna relax back at their homes and say big things about corruption and other stuff while merely doing anything to help the country, they have free will not to vote.

I don't get why people choose not to vote. People are spilling their blood around the world for a chance to voice their views and you take this fundamental democratic right for granted. You pay taxes, right? And by not voting, you're letting some nutter across the country dictate where your money goes. And you have no right to complain about the government if you don't like what they're doing. By voting I can complain about that religious nutter that's dipped his hand into my pocket last night. You can have him back since he was born there.

I don't get why people choose not to vote. People are spilling their blood around the world for a chance to voice their views and you take this fundamental democratic right for granted. You pay taxes, right? And by not voting, you're letting some nutter across the country dictate where your money goes. And you have no right to complain about the government if you don't like what they're doing. By voting I can complain about that religious nutter that's dipped his hand into my pocket last night. You can have him back since he was born there.
There's not much point in voting if you don't know anything about it or about who you're voting for though is there ?

I don't complain, I'm just not interested. I honestly can't even remember the last time I had a conversation about politics.

I live my life the way that I want to, I have a place to live, food and water to eat and drink, internet to browse, movies to watch, games to play and friends to get drunk with. If somebody wants to be a politician, fine, I don't care. And if somebody wants to oppose that politician, fine, I don't care. That's their choice, not mine, it doesn't change my life and I won't care until something comes along and does.

I don't complain, I'm just not interested. I honestly can't even remember the last time I had a conversation about politics.

I live my life the way that I want to, I have a place to live, food and water to eat and drink, internet to browse, movies to watch, games to play and friends to get drunk with. If somebody wants to be a politician, fine, I don't care. And if somebody wants to oppose that politician, fine, I don't care. That's their choice, not mine, it doesn't change my life and I won't care until something comes along and does.
You better hope it's not too late when that happens.

Exactly. My sister was like you last year, politically apathetic and didn't vote last election despite it being compulsory. Last night, our English Prime Minister announced budget cuts to education and the end of universal healthcare and she was all up in arms about it. Since she didn't vote, I told her to shut it.

http://www.flipkart.com/moto-e/p/itmdvuwsybgnbtha?pid=MOBDVHC6XKKPZ3GZ&srno=b_1&ref=8a93faab-11e4-4528-b85b-83db5e3d8b62

Wow, so that's it, bye bye Samsung, Nokia Asha/Lumia, Sony, Micromax, Karbon nd all those cheap local brands. Motorola have done something no one has managed to do or even dreamt of doing, the E and G are invincible. Sheez even I am considering either exchanging my Xperia M with Moto E or recommending my dad to buy E.

The way things are shaping up here, non of the parties are worth voting for. They're all either; racist (UKIP), clueless (Labour), idiots (Conservatives) or liars (Liberals). At the minute, the only reason I'd vote is to stop the current power from staying in, because left for another 5 years, they're going do significant long term damage...