Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Today my car nearly got wiped out by a taxi driver. I'm going around a roundabout and he pulls out, not even looking to his right. I had to swerve and slam on my brakes, braked so hard even the abs couldn't stop me locking up. I then followed him for 3 miles as I was so ****** off, waited for him to stop and gave him a piece of my mind and then drove off. I don't get road rage ever, but I was seeing red for that whole 3 miles.

• Like 2

Is anyone else finding this new forum to have incredibly slow loading times...?

I'm pretty sure it isn't just my internet, because every other website loads quickly and as normal for me, but this new forum takes a very long time.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MBKF1 said:

Is anyone else finding this new forum to have incredibly slow loading times...?

I'm pretty sure it isn't just my internet, because every other website loads quickly and as normal for me, but this new forum takes a very long time.

The forum has always been slow for me since they moved here, but i thought it was just me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Faya said:

Hey @MBKF1, I'll go and poke our forum peeps and see if they can see if anything is amiss. 

I've noticed it too. Morning UK time seems slow, especially around 5am GMT but by afternoon, it seems fine. 

This isn't just today, it seems to be an everyday occurrence. 

• Like 1

Yeah its slower for me than the old style. Before when I opened a thread, it happened instantly, not any more. Its not painfully slow, just noticeable.

Is there a setting so that when I open a thread it goes to the last comment i read? Because before the redesign it was like that, i hate having to scroll past stuff I've already read.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Faya said:

Hey @MBKF1, I'll go and poke our forum peeps and see if they can see if anything is amiss. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

Is there a setting so that when I open a thread it goes to the last comment i read? Because before the redesign it was like that, i hate having to scroll past stuff I've already read.

You can do that! There's a black dot on the left side of a thread when it has new posts (black star for stickied threads like this one). Just click that and it takes you to the last comment you read.

• Like 1

• UP100 featured this topic